Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 08:27 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I know right? Like saying Oakland is the most dangerous place in the world or that we have to kick out certain people! Why do some people feels this need to bash on other people?!!

And when the people being bashed stood up and defend themselves, people like you jumped in, take the side of the offender, and say the act of defending, not the act of bashing, is wrong.

Telling illegals to leave a country IS NOT bashing, and the reference to Okland was CLEARLY a hyperbole! In NO way in that bashing, get real. You must not understand things, or only see them the way you want to.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:51 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Telling illegals to leave a country IS NOT bashing, and the reference to Okland was CLEARLY a hyperbole! In NO way in that bashing, get real. You must not understand things, or only see them the way you want to.
It was quite clear what T was saying. It was a jab at black people. Ferguson is known as a place where there are a lot of black people and they rioted not that long ago(I know nothing of Ferguson and therefore have no opinion). Oakland is known for being black too - although, Oakland is 75+% not black now so I personally don't see it but that is how the T fans see it and he is speaking to them and their racism. That's about it. Oh, you may want to look up the definition of "bashing" and "hyperbole." Have a good one...

Old 05-21-2016, 09:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
You could have said Trump had a point in bashing those people/city; but instead you decided to go down this strange path of arguing that the most bigoted and biased diatriber in presidential history is not actually bashing anybody.

Ironic, considering that the candidate himself takes offense and retaliate to any slightest innuendo. I'll tell you what, if the Oakland statement was clearly hyperbole, then so is the statement about his short finger. Maybe you can explain to me why Trump felt the need to unleash his fangs and venom on that one.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I wish people would do more research...

The Violent Crimes and Shady Dealings of Hillary Clinton

The idiocy with these supposed dealings is that many of the Clinton's shady past (if you call it that) also involve Trump!!

Remember, Trump and the Clinton were friends. They ran in the same circle.

On Clinton Foundation, Trump is a regular contributor to it.

On Hillary's role as SoS, Trump was a campaign contributor too.

On their friendship with Epstein, guess what, Trump is also a friend of his.

On shady Real Estate deals, Trump is the king of these kind of deals.

On just being shady in general - Trump is tied to the Mob!!

Remember who Trump called to get advice on running for the presidency? Bill Clinton!!!

Old 05-22-2016, 10:27 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The idiocy with these supposed dealings is that many of the Clinton's shady past (if you call it that) also involve Trump!!

Remember, Trump and the Clinton were friends. They ran in the same circle.

On Clinton Foundation, Trump is a regular contributor to it.

On Hillary's role as SoS, Trump was a campaign contributor too.

On their friendship with Epstein, guess what, Trump is also a friend of his.

On shady Real Estate deals, Trump is the king of these kind of deals.

On just being shady in general - Trump is tied to the Mob!!

Remember who Trump called to get advice on running for the presidency? Bill Clinton!!!
These criticisms of Hilary are nonsense. If you come from the mainstream political or business communities in the US, you will do something shady somehow. That's how America works. No one is immune. And Bernie Saunders has been talking a good game while doing little for decades collecting his check. Let's not sugarcoat things, if Bernie was elected he would accomplish nothing. If Hilary was elected it would be more of the same bad for Trump? Well that's a can of worms and deadly snakes I don't want to think about. No good choices.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You need to do your homework. If you marry a US citizen, it is one of the legal ways to immigrate here. One of my friends is going through the process now.
So what we should do is encourage potential immigrants to get into an arranged marriage situation for citizenship if they are from one of those countries where we have very limited quota based immigration. That'll solve the problem.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:59 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
. And Bernie Saunders has been talking a good game while doing little for decades collecting his check.
Rather than trot out Sanders's record, I'll just suggest you look it up for yourself. Check out Veteran's legislation. And audits of Federal Reserve. For starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Let's not sugarcoat things, if Bernie was elected he would accomplish nothing.
We know this because his campaign has raised as much cash from individual grassroots donors, as Hillary's has from all sources. Because he has swept the youth vote and completely dominates the independent vote. Because he has somehow gone from single digits awareness and approval to being the only candidate of either party with positive ratings. Because he polls nationally as beating Trump at double and triple and quadruple the rate as Hillary. And ... Well, I can go on.

Listen, I have no beef with Hillary Clinton to speak of. She is a VERY capable and intelligent mainstream candidate for her party. But to be dismissive of Bernie Sanders's abilities and strengths is simply without basis in reality.

I will be perfectly happy with either Sanders or Clinton beating the shorts off the Donald. Right now, Clinton is struggling with the image and approval she will need to accomplish the goal. Sanders appears able to hand the Donald one of the most embarrassing landslide defeats in presidential election history.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Rather than trot out Sanders's record, I'll just suggest you look it up for yourself. Check out Veteran's legislation. And audits of Federal Reserve. For starters.
Bernie = Big Ideas, little action. Sanders had big ideas but little impact on Capitol Hill - POLITICO

And while I agree with many of Bernie's ideas, they are politically impossible.

Quote:
We know this because his campaign has raised as much cash from individual grassroots donors, as Hillary's has from all sources. Because he has swept the youth vote and completely dominates the independent vote. Because he has somehow gone from single digits awareness and approval to being the only candidate of either party with positive ratings. Because he polls nationally as beating Trump at double and triple and quadruple the rate as Hillary. And ... Well, I can go on.

Listen, I have no beef with Hillary Clinton to speak of. She is a VERY capable and intelligent mainstream candidate for her party. But to be dismissive of Bernie Sanders's abilities and strengths is simply without basis in reality.

I will be perfectly happy with either Sanders or Clinton beating the shorts off the Donald. Right now, Clinton is struggling with the image and approval she will need to accomplish the goal. Sanders appears able to hand the Donald one of the most embarrassing landslide defeats in presidential election history.
So the real question is, if you are a progressive democrat, do you vote for a symbol or compromise in the existing framework. And I am more afraid of the his young supporters staying home all together if he doesn't secure the nomination.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:22 PM

406 posts, read 288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
I'm sure that if you isolated certain neighborhoods in Oakland, you'd find some of the most dangerous places in the world.
Sure, maybe after you've omitted hundreds of neighborhoods in other major urban areas, and found a reliable way to measure and assess violent crime in other countries (developing and underdeveloped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
Well, statistics also say I'm much more likely to be a victim of a crime in Oakland, so I'm pretty sure the feelings were justified.
Actually, the "statistics" reveal next to nothing about your individual crime risk. They do not consider the geographic and demographic variables that significantly affect individual crime risk

Quote:
Geographic and demographic factors specific to each jurisdiction must be considered and applied if one is going to make an accurate and complete assessment of crime in that jurisdiction.
Quote:
The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, counties, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of their population coverage or student enrollment. Until data users examine all the variables that affect crime in a town, city, county, state, region, or other jurisdiction, they can make no meaningful comparisons.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...gainst-ranking

Old 05-22-2016, 11:23 PM

406 posts, read 288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Sanders is far from blotch free - regarding voting record, issues and campaign platforms, which is one of the reasons why I don't understand the "BernieorBust" crowd. Electability doesn't really matter much, or else we would just have elections based on electability polls. And favorability polling just shows who hasn't been in the crosshairs of attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies