Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I give the guy , just as I gave the guy in Seattle who went into the women's locker room at a swimming pool. When a law, even a well-intentioned one, has unintended effects, good on those willing to legally show what they are.
Yea, give the "guy" a big thumbs up….Lol...

Old 05-20-2016, 12:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Lol, thank you for clearing this up, Katzpaw.

The thread will either get really quiet from the right or it will turn into a Thread of the Year candidate.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Between this nonsense and a few more terror attacks, Hillary is going to get steamrolled come November.

I've always considered myself socially liberal, but the far left has completely lost their effing minds.
How will this issue get Hillary steamrolled when Trump also supports transgenders using whatever bathroom they want?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
The fact that this "man" is actually a "woman" doesn't change a thing. Many of these new laws will allow actual men into the women's restroom.

Prior to these laws this "woman" was able to use the men's restroom. SO it never changed a thing for this individual or anyone in his/her situation.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:41 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I'll admit I don't understand all of the nuances of these new laws concerning this subject. I get that it's an attempt to make transgendered people feel more "equal" or not discriminated against. What I don't get is that why are so many people going to be put at odds or made to feel uncomfortable for such a small minority of people. I mean to me this issue shouldn't really be an issue. If your transgender and you appear to be a man, then use the men's room and same for the women, Just be discreet about how you do things. If a man is going through the process to switch to a woman and if he appears to be a woman why can't he just use the women's restroom, I mean there's no urinals so it's not like he's going to whip out this hog and stand there urinating for all to see, last time checked all the female restrooms have individual stalls. So who's to know what hardware they are packin? Same goes for the woman transitioning to men, just use the stall, assuming you look like a dude why cant you just use the men's' room?

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by Chowhound; 05-20-2016 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 12:44 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yeah this was kinda inevitable and it's only going to get worse. If you're a woman, I suggest you avoid using public facilities, especially showers and changing rooms. The government just told men everywhere that they're just one lie away from 100% total access.
Ditto.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll admit I don't understand the all the nuances of these new laws concerning this subject. I get that it's an attempt to make transgendered people feel more "equal" or not discriminated against. What I don't get is that why are so many people going to be put at odds or made to feel uncomfortable for such a small minority of people. I mean to me this issue shouldn't really be an issue. If your transgender and you appear to be a man, then use the men's room and same for the women, Just be discreet about how you do things. If a man is going through the process to switch to a woman and if he appears to be a woman why can't he just use the women's restroom, I mean there's no urinals so it's not like he's going to whip out this hog and stand there urinating for all to see, last time checked all the female restrooms have individual stalls. So who's to know what hardware they are packin? Same goes for the woman transitioning to men, just use the stall, assuming you look like a dude why cant you just use the men's' room?

Nope, you pretty much nailed it.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Eh, it's now allowed under that law. So..whatever. Not a big deal. In fact, we better get used to it.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:15 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll admit I don't understand all of the nuances of these new laws concerning this subject. I get that it's an attempt to make transgendered people feel more "equal" or not discriminated against. What I don't get is that why are so many people going to be put at odds or made to feel uncomfortable for such a small minority of people. I mean to me this issue shouldn't really be an issue. If your transgender and you appear to be a man, then use the men's room and same for the women, Just be discreet about how you do things. If a man is going through the process to switch to a woman and if he appears to be a woman why can't he just use the women's restroom, I mean there's no urinals so it's not like he's going to whip out this hog and stand there urinating for all to see, last time checked all the female restrooms have individual stalls. So who's to know what hardware they are packin? Same goes for the woman transitioning to men, just use the stall, assuming you look like a dude why cant you just use the men's' room?

The problem is that laws and public debate made it an issue. Previously, trans women just had to be discrete and nobody was the wiser. That was better for everybody involved. They weren't going into the women's showers with their manparts hanging out for all to see. They weren't letting anyone see their genitals at all. Doing so would have gotten them kicked out and probably get them arrested, so it behooved them to keep things as discrete as possible.

Now, with the legal changes any man can walk into any women's facility and get as naked as he wants in clear view of as many women as he wants to be seen by because now they have the legal right to be there. Ladies, how will you react when you walk into the women's restroom and find a naked man standing at the sink washing his hands? Just because women are typically discrete doesn't mean there's any laws forcing them to be -- and that very lack of laws is going to get used and abused by men willing to lie about their gender identity.

Would have been better off leaving it as it was.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
He walked into the ladys washroom and took a pic in the mirror,when confronted he told the women to shut up or he will call security and file a complaint with the human rights commission... Now the Liberals have enacted a law that could send those women that confronted him to jail for 2 years!!

I tell ya this guy is a blithering idiot just mocking the law.........
And you miss the irony? Wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies