Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Seems like you got more offended by the simple question I asked.

That, or you need to brush up on grade school English:

Examples of Possessive Pronouns

It got personal quick!!

LOL
Losers gotta lose!

Old 05-20-2016, 01:34 PM

378 posts, read 704,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Ladies, how will you react when you walk into the women's restroom and find a naked man standing at the sink washing his hands? Just because women are typically discrete doesn't mean there's any laws forcing them to be -- and that very lack of laws is going to get used and abused by men willing to lie about their gender identity.
X
Would have been better off leaving it as it was.
I'd feel the exact same way as I would if I found a lady in a public restroom naked at the sink. that is reaching.

No problems if a Trans man is next to me in the stall though... Naked or whatever. Same as if a straight woman is in the stall. I do agree with you that we would have been better off keeping it as it was. No one cared and was the wiser of who was innocently relieving themselves in the next stall.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:43 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The problem is that laws and public debate made it an issue. Previously, trans women just had to be discrete and nobody was the wiser. That was better for everybody involved. They weren't going into the women's showers with their manparts hanging out for all to see. They weren't letting anyone see their genitals at all. Doing so would have gotten them kicked out and probably get them arrested, so it behooved them to keep things as discrete as possible.

Now, with the legal changes any man can walk into any women's facility and get as naked as he wants in clear view of as many women as he wants to be seen by because now they have the legal right to be there. Ladies, how will you react when you walk into the women's restroom and find a naked man standing at the sink washing his hands? Just because women are typically discrete doesn't mean there's any laws forcing them to be -- and that very lack of laws is going to get used and abused by men willing to lie about their gender identity.

Would have been better off leaving it as it was.
So is that the fear then? That hordes of clearly non-transgendered men will be lurking around bathrooms with their penises hanging out? LOL

I guess I think it's silly to make restrooms unisex unless that are just single private lockable one person restrooms, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but what about business that have standard mens/womens rooms. Are those supposed to now be unisex? Is that what these new laws are allowing for?

I know personally if I got my johnson in my hand at a urinal I'm not really comfortable with a gaggle of women coming in and using the restroom, cause we all know that women can't got to the bathroom alone. j/k.

I think the common sense and practical thing is to keep things the same as they are now, transgendered people just use the room that correlates to the restroom they most resemble physically and just be discreet.

The practical and logistical hurdles aren't really fair to the 97% of the population that isn't transgendered. I feel a little bad for the transgendered people here, but this all seem to be driven by the ridiculous overly-PC garbage that is being pushed onto society.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Thank jeebus for concerned rightie citizens:

Man Follows Woman Into Women's Bathroom to Make Sure She Is Female
Man Follows Woman Into Restroom Over 'Perceived' Gender | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
None of this happened before concerned leftie citizens made unneccesary laws.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:47 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
This whole issue shows how sick our society is... and I don't necessarily mean that in a moral way. What I mean is this: how terminally ill is our society when an issue that affects significantly less than 1% of the population receives this much time and attention.

Of course, the most likely explanation is this lunacy is meant to divert our attention from the issues that actually ARE important, such as how politicians in both parties sell out the American people to foreign interests on a daily basis.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This whole issue shows how sick our society is... and I don't necessarily mean that in a moral way. What I mean is this: how terminally ill is our society when an issue that affects significantly less than 1% of the population receives this much time and attention.

Of course, the most likely explanation is this lunacy is meant to divert our attention from the issues that actually ARE important, such as how politicians in both parties sell out the American people to foreign interests on a daily basis.
It's a wedge issue meant to get votes in primary elections.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It got personal quick!!
Um, because I was addressing *you* with the question.

Apparently you have trouble with pronouns in general

Old 05-20-2016, 02:14 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post

That's sorta my main point here. The percentage of people who are transgendered has to be really small, I was generous in my earlier point of 3 percent, but most likely it probably is closer to 1 percent. So all of the technical and logistical and frankly embarrassing aspects of this has to be dealt with? 99 percent of the population has to be put out for 1 percent and that 1 percent has been using restrooms using discretion since before these laws. Why do we have to bend over backwards for an issue that really shouldn't be an issue??

Old 05-20-2016, 02:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
We should probably avoid all uses of the phrase "bend over" and it's variants when discussing the issue of sexual deviants in the ladies room.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:36 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The world is on fire and Democrats want to control how we use our bathrooms. This is why Hillary is going to lose in a landslide. Liberals have lost their minds.
We are supposed to get used to it.

In the era of Obama, any thought a liberal in high political office gets in their head shall be imposed on the entire nation. and anyone who dares to disagree shall be punished accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies