Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,472,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
With proper treatment this kid would probably live another 70 years.
Yeah, but it's probably expensive and insurance company shills are going to naturally balk at that prospect. People die, it's what they do, get on with it already and we get to keep a larger part of the premium profits!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 07:53 PM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
I think ordering people to take medication or treatments is not a box we want to open.

She said:

Quote:
“I read all the things he’d have to go through, all the side effects — I literally just wanted to vomit and I thought I could not put myself through it. Why could I put my son through it?”
We treat our pets better than we treat humans. We don't typically put our pets through painful treatments, thinking how we don't want them to suffer, but for humans, we will drag it out to the last possible minute, drag out their suffering because we cannot seem to accept that people are not immortal.

She is getting him some treatment and exploring other options in lieu of radiation. That's her family, her kid - I have a big problem with people being ordered to take something - let them use an alternative. Is this the "my body, my choice" crowd? The public doesn't get to dictate what medical treatment someone chooses - she IS getting him treatment, just not the kind you want. Too bad - not your business.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:09 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,750,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I think ordering people to take medication or treatments is not a box we want to open.

She said:

We treat our pets better than we treat humans. We don't typically put our pets through painful treatments, thinking how we don't want them to suffer, but for humans, we will drag it out to the last possible minute, drag out their suffering because we cannot seem to accept that people are not immortal.

She is getting him some treatment and exploring other options in lieu of radiation. That's her family, her kid - I have a big problem with people being ordered to take something - let them use an alternative. Is this the "my body, my choice" crowd? The public doesn't get to dictate what medical treatment someone chooses - she IS getting him treatment, just not the kind you want. Too bad - not your business.
I agree, but let's not pretend she's making a reasonable choice here. She is likely killing her child.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:18 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,099,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Parents win court battle to not give son Oshin Kiszko cancer treatment

Unbelievable. The worst part is, in 3-6 months, we're probably gonna read an article that the kid died.
I don't get it, I mean I could understand if his condition was terminal or close to it but when the expert says he has a 80% chance of survival with the radiation treatment there is no excuse. Those are really good odds when it comes to cancer, ESPECIALLY for a malignant brain tumor which are notoriously tough to treat.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:46 PM

37,086 posts, read 41,208,111 times
Mom has "studied naturopathy".

Old 05-20-2016, 11:52 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,817,875 times
Exclamation *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099
Unbelievable. The worst part is, in 3-6 months, we're probably gonna read an article that the kid died.
Hopefully not..... HOPEFULLY THEY WILL START HIM ON CANNIBUS OIL OR SOME OTHER ALTERNATE TREATMEMT AND GET HIS SYSTEM CURED!!!!!!!!!!

CHEMO WILL END UP DESTROYING HIS IMMUNE SYSTEM GIVING HIM 0 CHANCE!! (If it comes back especially)

Old 05-21-2016, 09:19 AM

15,044 posts, read 8,616,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
The mother doesn't appear to be very bright. She is refusing the treatment because she says doesn't understand it, which she clearly doesn't as she refers to chemotherapy and radiotherapy as "carcinogenics." So rather than edcuate herself about the treatment, she just rejects it.
I think it is you and others that need to educate yourself about the impact of chemo and radiation.

Recently announced results of research studies have shown that radiation treatment causes damage to healthy, non-cancerous cells, which in turn causes those cells to produce a protein that feeds tumor growth.

Furthermore, radiation also destroys the slow growth malignant cells which encircle and sequester faster growing, more resilient cancer cells, freeing them to move to other parts of the body.

Quote:
Her other problem is that she is concerned about the long-term side effects of the treatment. Apparently, the long-term side effects of the disease (i.e. , death) don't bother her.
Sounds like she has done her homework, and as a mother whose obvious motivation is her child's well being and best interests, to insinuate that she isn't bothered by the possibility of the child's death is an ignorant thing to say.

This is a classic example of the brainwashed ,"mob knows best", when the reality is quite the opposite.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the current state of cancer treatment, while effective and continuing to improve, still takes a toll on the patient in some form. Most people making decisions about choosing cancer treatment can understand the risks and trade-offs involved in giving the patient a chance at life. Making an informed decision to decline treatment is defensible; refusing treatment out of ignorance is stupid.
There will come a day when the truth is fully revealed and today's cancer treatment protocols will be exposed as the insane witch doctor craziness it actually is.

Cancer is a disease in which the body's immune system fails to destroy and remove damaged malfunctioning cells. Radiation damages healthy cells, while Chemotherapy destroys the immune system responsible for dealing with damaged cells.

Why so few recognize the OBVIOUS problem with that scenario, will forever remain a mystery to me.

Well, not really. The problem can only be that too few actually think, and simply accept what they are told, without bothering to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies