Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 11:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,251,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So if someone breaks into your house would you be willing to adopt them so they will be legal?
If I had a group of people living in my spare room for 20 years I think I would try and work at a permanent arrangement. If reality was involved I would of course have thrown them out in the first hour or less...but we did not did we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 12:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,404,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
If I had a group of people living in my spare room for 20 years I think I would try and work at a permanent arrangement. If reality was involved I would of course have thrown them out in the first hour or less...but we did not did we?
France didn't stop Germany from invading it during WW II.

I guess they should have been satisfied to stay under German rule.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:16 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,143,409 times
Quote:
Time is meaningless.

Throw them out.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Time is meaningless.

Throw them out.
Should have. In 1988.

No longer an available option.

And the present failure to resolve will only make it worse.

that horse has been dead so long it cannot even be beaten anymore.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:15 AM

25,777 posts, read 16,401,223 times
Quote:
Is this a nation of laws or not? How many other laws are you willing to look the other way on?

They have to leave. That is all there is to it.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:27 AM

248 posts, read 171,616 times
Quote:
Is this a nation of laws or not? How many other laws are you willing to look the other way on?

This is such a no-brainer for anyone with a 3rd grade education...the problem is many of the people we debate this with have modern day 'illegal' in their bloodline and therefore will keep themselves blind to basic logic. The bigger problem is that number of people with 'illegal' in their blood is growing at an alarming rate given the way they reproduce. How long until a majority of our lawmakers have said bloodline? You can figure out the rest....

Old 05-29-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Laws require that they be funded or they are not laws. Our laws on illegal immigration are not and have not been funded at a level that would allow for enforcement. After almost 30 years of failure to enforce it is no longer doable.

And the longer we let it hang the worse it gets...

Old 05-30-2016, 04:48 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,404,284 times
Quote:
Laws require that they be funded or they are not laws. Our laws on illegal immigration are not and have not been funded at a level that would allow for enforcement. After almost 30 years of failure to enforce it is no longer doable.

And the longer we let it hang the worse it gets...
It's doable anytime we want to do it.

That's what we have our military for.

To stop the invasion of this country and throw the invaders out.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:35 AM

643 posts, read 468,488 times
He gets reelected.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:43 AM

58,623 posts, read 26,924,330 times
Quote:
Should have. In 1988.

No longer an available option.

And the present failure to resolve will only make it worse.

that horse has been dead so long it cannot even be beaten anymore.
"No longer an available option."

We can send a man to the moon when NO ONE else in the world could but, can't evict squatters.

Many crimes do NOT have a Statute of Limitations.

If you are caught 5,10, 20 50 years later, you are still arrested and charged with that crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies