Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:17 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And he is the Ideal man is many eyes. A man who was illiterate, a child molester, a murderer and the creator of modern institutionalized slavery Sounds like a religious man to me
Mohammad isn't the ideal man in "many" eyes, he is the model that ALL Muslims are supposed to emulate. That is why the lefties are so wrong when it comes to Islam. Mohammad was relatively tolerant early in his career but he became more violent and tyrannical as time passed. So yes, there is a very concrete foundation for the brutality of Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 12:00 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
Sigh. I explained fairly clearly how I'm linking the two topics. Marrying off a child is child abuse. Many have claimed that we can fairly judge Muslims for engaging in child abuse because Americans don't do that. I'm arguing that they do. You even acknowledged it. Did you read my whole post. Let's take a step back.

It's illegal to preform circumsicion on a baby girl, right? Why? It's child abuse. Right? So how are you going to tell me it's a different story for boys? It's literally the same body part. It's called a prepuce.

Edit: cutting off part of a child's genitals bridges the gap from just abuse, to sexual abuse. Because the part being abused in the genitals. Make sense?
There has always been medical rational for Male Circumcision, just like Tonsil removal. The World Health Organization facts:

"There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%. Three randomized controlled trials have shown that male circumcision provided by well trained health professionals in properly equipped settings is safe. "

WHO | Male circumcision for HIV prevention

The following organizations condemn FGM and not Male Circumcision. Guess they're just foolish?

OHCHR, UNAIDS, UNDP, UNECA, UNESCO,
UNFPA, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNIFEM, WHO

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/csw...nating_FGM.pdf

Old 05-23-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
The point is that violence is only part of Christianity's past in the developed world. Violence is part of Christianity's present in areas of the world where violence is present.

Religious Violence Is Out of Control in the Central African Republic | US News Opinion

http://englishkyoto-seas.org/2015/08...-no-2-sumanto/

Do I think Christianity is an inherently violent religion? Not at all. Even peaceful Buddhists commit religious-based violence when conditions are right (err...wrong):

Extremist Buddhist Monks Target Religious Minorities | TIME.com

It isn't an issue of one religion being inherently good or bad. It is an issue of people using religion (or nationalism, or any other belief system) to teach superiority and hatred. When that is accepted in a place, conditions are right for people to use violence to defend themselves from 'the other'. You're correct that in our recent history, Christianity has not been used (as much) to incite violence. But that is largely situational - violence is less acceptable as a solution to those of us raised in the present-day West than in many places around the world.

As for this case, the British court did the right thing. But those of you who think this is strictly a Muslim issue are dismissing the suffering of a lot of (non-Muslim) child brides out there because of your choice to view it as a Muslim issue.
"Violence is part of Christianity's present in areas of the world where violence is present."

You really want to compare the Islam with your couple of examples of evil Christianity? Islam in an order of Magnitude more of a threat to the "Entire" World compared to "Any" other religion, on "Every" continent and spreading: Islamist attacks in China, Russia, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Americas, Everywhere. Guess they're attacks in the name of Jesus, huh?

Just during the last 30 days there were 171 Islamic attacks in 24 countries, in which 1311 people were killed and 1810 injured.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/a...aspx?Yr=Last30

Look at all the Christian Terrorist groups on the list below Yeah, Christianity is a real global threat? Only if you think the Pope is going the attack a Muslim while he washes their feet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-23-2016 at 12:37 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
You really don't know when to give up, huh?

That's why I made the suggestion comment. I guess that went over your head.

As far as "slander" or "false accusations", I'll have to disagree with you. Certain people on the forum take every chance they can to attack an entire religion and pass judgement on them with this higher than thou condesendence that is really tiresome. I happen to find that hateful. What else is going out of ones way to vilify another group of people?
Naw, only about 1/2. I only vilify the ones that create Islamic Republics, have people that believe in forcing their laws upon democratic countries, employ slavery, support terrorism, or have countries with a high Female Genital Mutilation rate: Indonesia, Malaysia, you know the Moderate Islamic countries. And yes I do know it's a practice that originated in Africa, but it took Islam to export it half way around the world.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:06 PM

1,261 posts, read 949,869 times
Quote:
"Violence is part of Christianity's present in areas of the world where violence is present."

You really want to compare the Islam with your couple of examples of evil Christianity? Islam in an order of Magnitude more of a threat to the "Entire" World compared to "Any" other religion, on "Every" continent and spreading: Islamist attacks in China, Russia, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Americas, Everywhere. Guess they're attacks in the name of Jesus, huh?

Just during the last 30 days there were 171 Islamic attacks in 24 countries, in which 1311 people were killed and 1810 injured.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/a...aspx?Yr=Last30

Look at all the Christian Terrorist groups on the list below Yeah, Christianity is a real global threat? Only if you think the Pope is going the attack a Muslim while he washes their feet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups
You've grossly oversimplified my argument and put words in my mouth that explicitly contradict things I wrote in the very same post. I won't be wasting my time further with you unless you bother to actually read and consider what I wrote.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:50 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Mohammed was a pedophile who CONSUMATED his marraige to a 9 year old girl. The source is Hadith--their holy tradition that forms the basis of the religion along with Quran.

Also, as we have demonstrated time and again, their religion, by Quran and Hadith, explicity encourages rape of non-Muslim women.

Liberal apologists, 3...2...1...
This liberal isn't going to apologize for any of that. I have my own opinion of Islam and it isn't flattering.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
You've grossly oversimplified my argument and put words in my mouth that explicitly contradict things I wrote in the very same post. I won't be wasting my time further with you unless you bother to actually read and consider what I wrote.
I read what you said and agree to much of it, especially child brides not just being an issue in the Islamic world. As far as what religion is currently, and most likely will continue to be, the greatest threat to others and to itself, Islam is number one.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:40 PM

295 posts, read 181,083 times
Quote:
There has always been medical rational for Male Circumcision, just like Tonsil removal. The World Health Organization facts:

"There is compelling evidence that male circumcision reduces the risk of heterosexually acquired HIV infection in men by approximately 60%. Three randomized controlled trials have shown that male circumcision provided by well trained health professionals in properly equipped settings is safe. "

WHO | Male circumcision for HIV prevention

The following organizations condemn FGM and not Male Circumcision. Guess they're just foolish?

OHCHR, UNAIDS, UNDP, UNECA, UNESCO,
UNFPA, UNHCR, UNICEF, UNIFEM, WHO

http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/csw...nating_FGM.pdf
From my understanding, that's only the case in Africa and that attentempts to replicate it elsewhere have failed. More importantly, condoms are more effective and they don't require cutting off an important piece of an infants penis, causing irrepriable change to their body that can not be fully undone should they decide they aren't happy with their parents choice later in life. This is what the AAP says:

Quote:
Evaluation of current evidence indicates that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks and that the procedure's benefits justify access to this procedure for families who choose it, however, existing scientific evidence is not sufficient to recommend routine circumcision.
It's an elective cosmetic surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies