Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 06:15 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Then don't date girls.

Date women.
I'm very happily married for 15 years to a mature Christian woman that is not impressed with idiotic "bad boy" behavior. I have no interest in dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 07:00 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'm very happily married for 15 years to a mature Christian woman that is not impressed with idiotic "bad boy" behavior. I have no interest in dating.
Then what do you know of bad boys and women dating them?

It seems to me that the type girl that is dating the "bad boy" is the female version of that while the more educated, focused and ambitious women are dating educated, focused and ambitious men. You know the ol' like with like thing.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Then what do you know of bad boys and women dating them?

It seems to me that the type girl that is dating the "bad boy" is the female version of that while the more educated, focused and ambitious women are dating educated, focused and ambitious men. You know the ol' like with like thing.
I've seen many well educated and professional women with "bad boy" boyfriends that use and abuse them. I've never understood this- I guess that is what they call co-dependency. I guess it's an addiction to a person, or certain kind of person that is bad for you, like drugs, drinking, etc.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I've seen many well educated and professional women with "bad boy" boyfriends that use and abuse them. I've never understood this- I guess that is what they call co-dependency. I guess it's an addiction to a person, or certain kind of person that is bad for you, like drugs, drinking, etc.
My experience is just the opposite. The young educated professional women I know are generally a few years out of college around 25 years old and date educated professional men. Just seeing a woman with her boyfriend I have no idea the situation. I don't know what goes on in their personal life unless they are my friends. I did work with one woman, a divorced mother working on her masters, who was hooked up with a player (he was educated and employed) but she finally wised up and moved on.

People fall in love, or think they are, with the wrong person or some people just need someone. Many have dated a person and later thought what in the world was I thinking. This is true in both men and women. I don't see where this particular behavior can be blamed for the lack of ambition and unemployment in our young men.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
I don't see where this particular behavior can be blamed for the lack of ambition and unemployment in our young men.
It can't. It's just another excuse for men to bash women & blame them for their own failures.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
My experience is just the opposite. The young educated professional women I know are generally a few years out of college around 25 years old and date educated professional men. Just seeing a woman with her boyfriend I have no idea the situation. I don't know what goes on in their personal life unless they are my friends. I did work with one woman, a divorced mother working on her masters, who was hooked up with a player (he was educated and employed) but she finally wised up and moved on.

People fall in love, or think they are, with the wrong person or some people just need someone. Many have dated a person and later thought what in the world was I thinking. This is true in both men and women. I don't see where this particular behavior can be blamed for the lack of ambition and unemployment in our young men.
It just seems to me from watching a lot of these true crime shows that beautiful young women that have a lot going for them are attracted to trouble makers We do all make some bad choices- my first wife was a nut, but I didn't want to see the truth. Fortunately, God gave me another chance, and I now have a wonderful wife.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
It just seems to me from watching a lot of these true crime shows that beautiful young women that have a lot going for them are attracted to trouble makers We do all make some bad choices- my first wife was a nut, but I didn't want to see the truth. Fortunately, God gave me another chance, and I now have a wonderful wife.
Maybe don't take examples from a TV shows that showcases the few extreme cases and apply it to majority of the real world. Better yet just don't base reality on television at all.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
In response to the "What would I do if I were poor and did not have my bike and my 'Vette" asked in Post #47 is pretty simple. I would not be retired. I would be doing something to make some money so I could avoid the "poor" part. The something is up for grabs.

I might even become a paid politician so I could get up on a podium in front of a couple of thousand worshipful supporters and tell them how wonderful I am to the screams of adulation. I could also try selling used buildings or broke down cars but that does not feel as good or pay as well. At the very lowest I would try saving souls if they paid me first.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And easily off-shored.
But they are still hiring in the US, in huge volumes.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:14 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
The problem is people change!!! they are great men and do all the right things until 6 mo. into the marriage- come ON people! Many women in high stress jobs making plenty of $$ sometimes wants the opposite at home-- not a peer- from the office talking shop- or they are high end, but their dad was the great plumber everybody loved- so she wants what dad was-
Then there are the drugs, the other women, men and alcohol- things just change! stop blaming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies