Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 07:58 PM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Are you serious? Who cares if we did something! They attacked us, we finished it. People always blame the victim. Sheesh! As for 9/11, f*ck them! I did nothing to Osama bin Laden, and neither did our government. He was mad because his people asked us to help them against Iraq instead of him. What kind of crazy guy kills us because he doesn't like our religion? Oh yeah, the type of guy who stones women to death for getting raped. That pig doesn't deserve any type of moral authority because we helped his family become some of the richest people on the planet. That really just pisses me off!

How about invading/occupying a country that did nothing to us?

how does that make you feel?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:00 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,796,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
exactly, same with Pearl Harbor.

if anyone attacks us, its most definitely our fault.
We've been attacking them, killing their people, and desecrating their Holy Lands for over 60 years. If we attack them and they retaliate, it's their fault right?
Learn your history before spouting nonsense.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:02 PM

39,034 posts, read 27,449,807 times
It is like attacking China when Japan bombed Pearl harbor.

The Iraq war is a big fat mistake. Just own it, and move on. already.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about invading/occupying a country that did nothing to us?

how does that make you feel?
Team 'Murica *&#$ yea!

Old 05-25-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? Who cares if we did something! They attacked us, we finished it. People always blame the victim. Sheesh! As for 9/11, f*ck them! I did nothing to Osama bin Laden, and neither did our government. He was mad because his people asked us to help them against Iraq instead of him. What kind of crazy guy kills us because he doesn't like our religion? Oh yeah, the type of guy who stones women to death for getting raped. That pig doesn't deserve any type of moral authority because we helped his family become some of the richest people on the planet. That really just pisses me off!
It's not about religion. To say so is absurd. We've been over there killing their people for 60 years. They retaliated.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:06 PM

39,034 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, unjust wars don't end.

Just War theory has three parts: whether it is just to get into a war, how to conduct a war, and how to get out.

While Just War theory is often honored more rhetorically than in actual fact, it is important to recognize that Just War theory is at least an international framework for thinking about war. It is also crucial to recognize that ‘how you get into a war’ and ‘what you leave behind’ are connected.

So iraq war is a big fat mistake.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

So the 911 victims are to blame?
LMAO What absurd conclusion. Why even bother with the discussion if you can't read well enough to come to a conclusion?

In MY post that YOU quoted - "Agreed. I'll go you one better, 9/11 was caused by our government doing some really stupid things in the Middle East."

hahahahahaha idiotic post of the day.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:08 PM

34,734 posts, read 16,746,807 times
Posts like these two leave me breathless. Reasons below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. I'll go you one better, 9/11 was caused by our government doing some really stupid things in the Middle East.
Yes. Blame the West for opposing the barbarians. Ignoring them worked real well for the Romans; and for the peaceful countries in Europe of the 1930's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I knew the official story was a lie on the day it happened.
They really think we're all idiots.
I am getting tired of conspiracy theories. They prove nothing. The attacks were straight out of the playbook of the attack on the Kenya and Tanzania embassies of the U.S., i.e. simultaneous random, barbaric and senseless attacks.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I was only five years old on 9/11 and I would hope such an easily preventable tragedy would never happen again.
It will because we're still over there killing innocent people.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Lines on maps greatly influence our inability to think rationally so it stands to reason those same lines skew our ability to empathize & sympathize.
corrected it for you
Oil in other countries greatly influences our governments inability to think rationally so it stands to reason that same oil skews our governments ability to empathize & sympathize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies