Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has China stolen a single job from the US?
Yes 28 80.00%
No 7 20.00%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 09:33 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
When the Chinese government hires hackers to steal American technology, that is stealing, for sure. But China isn't a democratic country and the vast majority of Chinese workers have nothing to do with that hacking. If hacked technology goes into their products, how can you blame the Chinese worker for this? That's what Trump is doing. He's trying to economically carpet bomb an entire country based on the actions of the corrupt leaders, who literally use violence and repression to crush dissidents on a daily basis.

Even Chinese companies which do no stealing/hacking at all, like some company making clothing for Target or Walmart or Apple or Sony or Microsoft, would get smashed with Trump's tariffs.

Trump has suggested that Apple be forced to make iPhones in America. Because "China is stealing our iPhone making jobs!"
No, they did not do that. Apple found a cheaper source of labor and they went for it. That's it.
Nobodies knocking Chinese workers. You are knocking trump. You conflate 2 issues.

You just admitted your premise was wrong. Close thread and try again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
As he should. Do you understand the concept of currency manipulation? I didn't think so. Do you understand the concept of 'dumping'? I didn't think so. But somehow your brain is locked into your phony definition of stealing. Pity.

El Nox
Oh geez, don't even get into state manipulated yuan under valuation. Poster doesn't understand patent rights, let alone global monetary valuation.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:38 PM

501 posts, read 361,534 times
Name a single instance where a US company was forced to buy a Chinese good because of China's government's currency manipulation.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Nobodies knocking Chinese workers. You are knocking trump. You conflate 2 issues.

You just admitted your premise was wrong. Close thread and try again
Nobody's knocking Chinese workers? So, a 30% tariff is just going to magically do no harm against them and the Chinese companies that play things fairly?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Oh geez, don't even get into state manipulated yuan under valuation. Poster doesn't understand patent rights, let alone global monetary valuation.
If I go to work tomorrow and tell my boss I will do the same exact job for half the wage, I've guaranteed work for myself pretty much forever. But I've also friggin' halved my wage. China's currency under valuation, it can be strongly argued, steals labor value from Chinese workers and companies since they don't have the freedom to sell their labor/services at market prices.

but currency under valuation stealing jobs from Americans? No.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Nobody's knocking Chinese workers? So, a 30% tariff is just going to magically do no harm against them and the Chinese companies that play things fairly?
That's political against trump. Once again, I'm not a trump supporter. But you are using his jingoistic verbiage and reiterating it. He says it for a reason: there are multitudes of documented facts of Chinese, state sponsored acts of even omit espionage and piracy. Refute those, not political speeches.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Trying to figure out if I'm in the 1990s again. Because that was the last time I heard of anyone buying a counterfeit Chinese knockoff of anything.

And no, Trump doesn't talk about that. Unless he's been suggesting that Americans are buying hundreds of billions of dollars a year in counterfeit Chinese goods... which he hasn't.
Are you joking?

There are tons of counterfeit products out there.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Name a single instance where a US company was forced to buy a Chinese good because of China's government's currency manipulation.
Us treasury bonds.

Next

1 5 and 10 year.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:54 PM

I've provided 5 easily verifiable points of evidence to refute your economic/innovative/military espionage argument. I don't care you are anti-trump. You can't refute any because you are naive.

Think I'm done with this thread. Trolling trying to argue without facts. Should be just in argue for argue sakes forum... Modifiers, if you listen

Old 05-25-2016, 09:56 PM

Are you suggesting that the US government is forced to sell US treasury bonds to China because the Chinese government undervalues the yuan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies