Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has China stolen a single job from the US?
Yes 28 80.00%
No 7 20.00%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 10:02 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Are you suggesting that the US government is forced to sell US treasury bonds to China because the Chinese government undervalues the yuan?
Yes but that's a political issue... Economically they couldn't buy if the yuan was valued correctly.

Can you offer any evidence to support your position?

I'll know if you google: shenyang j-31.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the US government is forced to sell US treasury bonds to China because the Chinese government undervalues the yuan?
By the way, forced to sell is a misnomer: they go at auction

Old 05-25-2016, 10:08 PM

501 posts, read 361,718 times
i have a hard time believing that US bonds, simply because they are sold at auction, MUST be to sold to China. As if that was a requirement written in stone. If the US sells bonds to China it is because the US has chosen to sell bonds to China.

Again. Not stealing.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
i have a hard time believing that US bonds, simply because they are sold at auction, MUST be to sold to China. As if that was a requirement written in stone. If the US sells bonds to China it is because the US has chosen to sell bonds to China.

Again. Not stealing.
My goodness: if you are selling me a car worth 5k and I produce a bill that says 'worth 5k', even if, at market value truly is 1k... That's under-evaluation. Again, at gov direction, how are companies being bought with undervalued currency?

How many times can you be wrong.

You hate trump. You don't like his message. Doesn't mean some points he is using are wrong.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:21 PM

I get you don't like trumps message. Just produce 1 shred of evidence that, at gov direction, Chinese companies and many industries are not breaking copyright, patent right, and state secrets? You've been given multiple examples. You've produced nada. Currency manipulation is one of the prime movers

Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
The OP is in complete denial. If he/she refuses to accept that counterfeit products are coming from China and is a well documented problem, he/she is not living in reality.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The OP is in complete denial. If he/she refuses to accept that counterfeit products are coming from China and is a well documented problem, he/she is not living in reality.
The obvious sometimes precludes others realities.

As an aside: in the late 90s, I always bet on Randy but never lost on Pedro

Old 05-25-2016, 10:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

Every single job that has gone to China was voluntarily put there by American employers. Who, in turn, sold their Chinese-made products in American stores, where retailers voluntarily put them on shelves, and consumers voluntarily purchased these items, knowing full well that these products were made in China.

Agreed. If I give you a job, then I can't say you stole it from me. Saying otherwise is as stupid as saying, "Mexicans are taking American jobs."

[america is selling out its own]

Old 05-26-2016, 01:21 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Again. My ex wife just bought 3 knockoff Louis vuittons from... China (eBay, simple thing you may want to check)

"The US Justice Department is calling China's alleged hacking of its corporations the "Great Brain Robbery" as wide-scale espionage targeting military and trade secrets has resulted in the loss of billions of dollars from its economy and millions of jobs."

China's 'Great Brain Robbery' hacking of US companies a national security emergency

Old 05-26-2016, 02:36 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
One of the most popular views of Trump is that China has stolen huge numbers of jobs from the US.

But has this been true in a single instance? I can't find any evidence of this at all.

To steal a job, one has to use force and steal something that rightfully belongs to another person or group. China has not stolen a single job from Americans because jobs are consensual arrangements made between two groups of people. No one has a right to a job. Therefore, it is impossible to steal a job.

Every single job that has gone to China was voluntarily put there by American employers. Who, in turn, sold their Chinese-made products in American stores, where retailers voluntarily put them on shelves, and consumers voluntarily purchased these items, knowing full well that these products were made in China.

China has not stolen a single job. Trump is utterly wrong here and his supporters lack basic understanding of capitalism. Ironic, considering the incessant rambling about "communist liberals" from the Trump brigades.
You are naive and not smart enough to figure this one out....very sad. Maybe in 10 years you get to the place many others are now. There is hope if you start reading aND listening to both sides and not just go by edited parts.

I don't need Trump to help me understand that he is true about that.

Just look at everything that is made cheap and actually mostly worthless but at low price in China from fake brand copies to almost everything you buy on a daily base..do you think that was made by Americans in America?

I guess you do...hopeless and helpless is what the OP is .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies