Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has China stolen a single job from the US?
Yes 28 80.00%
No 7 20.00%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:59 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I've provided 5 easily verifiable points of evidence to refute your economic/innovative/military espionage argument. I don't care you are anti-trump. You can't refute any because you are naive.

Think I'm done with this thread. Trolling trying to argue without facts. Should be just in argue for argue sakes forum... Modifiers, if you listen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The OP is in complete denial. If he/she refuses to accept that counterfeit products are coming from China and is a well documented problem, he/she is not living in reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You are naive and not smart enough to figure this one out....very sad. Maybe in 10 years you get to the place many others are now. There is hope if you start reading aND listening to both sides and not just go by edited parts.

I don't need Trump to help me understand that he is true about that.

Just look at everything that is made cheap and actually mostly worthless but at low price in China from fake brand copies to almost everything you buy on a daily base..do you think that was made by Americans in America?

I guess you do...hopeless and helpless is what the OP is .
Well friends and sportsfans, I too am joining this group of folks who are tired of wasting keystrokes on an uneducated troll. In another topic I said this ... "being wise in your own conceits" (KJV) ... and it is also true in this case as well. Some hide behind the cop-out of "well, that's my opinion" but normally opinions are based on facts. Our noob friend appears to have woken up one day with an opinion ... and it shows.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 02:06 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,988 times
Stolen? Not so much. Due to NAFTA and other similar agreements, that our brilliant congresses throughout the decades have passed - There's just more incentive for large US corporations to open up facilities abroad. Cheaper labor, lower corporate taxes, etc.. Ultimately, larger earnings for the corporations.

At least Trump has one plan of action to counter that...implement/increase tarriffs on products being made abroad by American owned companies. However, that could lead to other consequences - so I'm not sure that's the right answer in itself. No one has talked about a reversal of NAFTA and similar agreements within the establishment - much less lowering of corporate taxes.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:09 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
One of the most popular views of Trump is that China has stolen huge numbers of jobs from the US.

But has this been true in a single instance? I can't find any evidence of this at all.

To steal a job, one has to use force and steal something that rightfully belongs to another person or group. China has not stolen a single job from Americans because jobs are consensual arrangements made between two groups of people. No one has a right to a job. Therefore, it is impossible to steal a job.

Every single job that has gone to China was voluntarily put there by American employers. Who, in turn, sold their Chinese-made products in American stores, where retailers voluntarily put them on shelves, and consumers voluntarily purchased these items, knowing full well that these products were made in China.

China has not stolen a single job. Trump is utterly wrong here and his supporters lack basic understanding of capitalism. Ironic, considering the incessant rambling about "communist liberals" from the Trump brigades.
This is the thing about Trump. He knows how to pander to the lowest common denominator. This is why he is peddling his trash to those he is peddling it to. Anyone who has any idea how all of this works would get very angry at Trump, not to mention other businesses owners who shipped jobs overseas.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
One of the most popular views of Trump is that China has stolen huge numbers of jobs from the US.

But has this been true in a single instance? I can't find any evidence of this at all.

To steal a job, one has to use force and steal something that rightfully belongs to another person or group. China has not stolen a single job from Americans because jobs are consensual arrangements made between two groups of people. No one has a right to a job. Therefore, it is impossible to steal a job.

Every single job that has gone to China was voluntarily put there by American employers. Who, in turn, sold their Chinese-made products in American stores, where retailers voluntarily put them on shelves, and consumers voluntarily purchased these items, knowing full well that these products were made in China.

China has not stolen a single job. Trump is utterly wrong here and his supporters lack basic understanding of capitalism. Ironic, considering the incessant rambling about "communist liberals" from the Trump brigades.
China resumed Most Favored Nation trading status in the early 80's with an annual renewal.

Status was made permanent in 1993. At the time, the US exported $8 billion in goods to China.

In 2014,$120 billion was exported. China is the US's third largest export market behind Canada and Mexico.
Exports to China grown 13% annually.

The US tends to import cheap crap from China and exports big $ ticket stuff like jets, machinery, electronic equipment and cars and supports hundreds of thousands US jobs.

https://www.uschina.org/reports/us-exports/national

Old 05-26-2016, 02:32 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

....... and Keith Richards has never used an illegal drug in his life.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:34 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:

Ask about how much proprietary technical data china has stolen.

So they didn't take away a job making widgets by illegal aliens in Mass but stole the knowledge for many protected technologies.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:54 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
China has not stolen any jobs from US. Americans gave them the jobs, part of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:06 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:

Bill Clinton. It Depends on what the meaning of the word is, is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies