Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 05:58 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

I've been hearing version of this for a little while now, not sure if there is all that much truth to it, but anything is possible, I suppose.

It also applies to the Native Americans, they are a broken down people that weren't really able to fully overcome the collective hardships placed on them.

Black folks have faired much better and are doing much better overall than the Native peoples. I think that there is a fair amount of baggage that a lot of black folks "collectively" carry. Colorism, and other forms of "enslavement" still appear to be haunting some black people still. I think trauma just may be passed down, not sure if it's genetic, but there may be something to this, IDK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 07:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Until you have actually worked with these people who get money without working, you will never know their situations. Your blanket statement is without any evidence, other than what you are regurgitating from something you have heard or read.
Don't need evidence. It's what happens. Liberals created the dependent voter block.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Oh NOOOO!! We have another excuse??? Another explanation presented for the behavior of some black people, or any other people that have endured traumatic events in their life. Interesting to say the least. The Trauma of Slavery Is Encoded In The Genes of Black People - Atlanta Black Star

That would also mean, that black people are genetically programmed to be slaves to others.

I ain't buying that.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been hearing version of this for a little while now, not sure if there is all that much truth to it, but anything is possible, I suppose.

It also applies to the Native Americans, they are a broken down people that weren't really able to fully overcome the collective hardships placed on them.

Black folks have faired much better and are doing much better overall than the Native peoples. I think that there is a fair amount of baggage that a lot of black folks "collectively" carry. Colorism, and other forms of "enslavement" still appear to be haunting some black people still. I think trauma just may be passed down, not sure if it's genetic, but there may be something to this, IDK.
OTOH: many other cultures that have been beaten, almost killed off and so on keep bouncing back, like Jews. "Something" in Jewish people helps them come back for disasters that would've wiped out many other groups of people.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:20 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You cant find a people or a continent other then Antarctica that didnt have slavery. Its novel that people in this country think that white Americans had a monopoly on it.
It's also interesting that they ignore the fact that there
are more slaves today than at any time in history.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:22 PM

596 posts, read 428,626 times
Jesus Christ.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
OTOH: many other cultures that have been beaten, almost killed off and so on keep bouncing back, like Jews. "Something" in Jewish people helps them come back for disasters that would've wiped out many other groups of people.

True, something in them has allowed them to keep going. IDK, hard to nail down things down exactly, maybe with the Native American people the way of life wasn't able to be followed, maybe that was part of it, black slaves were able to integrate better and advance as time went, it's like for the native peoples something didn't click. The Jews have historically been trodden upon, or at least hated, then of course Hitler's attempt to decimate them.

This is semi-fascinating in a way, I've never really paid much attention to this stuff in the big picture, but curious how a sociologist would break this stuff down

Old 05-29-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You cant find a people or a continent other then Antarctica that didnt have slavery. Its novel that people in this country think that white Americans had a monopoly on it.

The Dutch were largely responsible for the slave trade, at least in regard to African slaves 400 or 500 yrs ago, past that I'm not sure about.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:47 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Great, a comparison of the history of the Jews to the history of American Blacks.: smack:

This is like comparing apples with oranges. You cannot why the groups are different, that is astounding!

Old 05-29-2016, 09:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Great, a comparison of the history of the Jews to the history of American Blacks.: smack:

This is like comparing apples with oranges. You cannot why the groups are different, that is astounding!
Uh; SOME American Black people have been able to rise OUT of the ghetto and do well, maybe copying and pasting in a "get it done" culture like what most Jews follow while trashing the hood rat life is the way to roll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies