Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 10:46 PM

811 posts, read 548,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That IS harsh even tho you're on to something IMHO.
It wasn't until I got older and started to take a step back and really analyze things...When I got older and really looked at who I knew that stayed out of trouble and stayed on the right track for the most part, it were the other individuals (both men and women) that grew up with fathers in the home.

The solution to the hood is more fatherhood and less motherhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 10:58 PM

30,696 posts, read 21,836,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
It wasn't until I got older and started to take a step back and really analyze things...Wheerr dn I got older and really looked at who I knew that stayed out of trouble and stayed on the right track for the most part, it were the other individuals (both men and women) that grew up with fathers in the home.

The solution to the hood is more fatherhood and less motherhood.
Fathers are optional in today's society, not really needed. Another woman, an uncle, or grandparent is all that is needed in our Progressive society.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:28 PM

811 posts, read 548,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Fathers are optional in today's society, not really needed. Another woman, an uncle, or grandparent is all that is needed in our Progressive society.
Lol Progressive into a society of decline.

Fathers are not optional no matter what liberals say. Again, a lot of these issues in places like Chicago come from people raised without fathers or male-figures in the homes.

You know who it is that's more strict on their daughters to prevent them from being pregnant during their teens? Fathers. Many teenage girls that are pregnant in their teens, were raised by mothers who are single mothers.

You know who it is that teaches their sons accountability and to use logic over emotion? Fathers. Women don't do this. Go through the list of the young black men that have been killed by police for foolish actions, again, raised mainly by women because women don't instill logic and sense into their children.

Again, analyze the problems in these communities and connect the dots and see how a lot of the actions connect back to more feminine traits. Fathers provide. And in homes where fathers provide there isn't the need for sons to sell drugs to survive because the father will do this. In these single mother homes, they struggle and the kids have to resort to providing for everyone.

I can go on and on.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:05 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,078,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why isn't anyone paying attention to the fact that the punishment for Black on Black murder tends to be relatively lighter than if a White person gets murdered? Last time I checked, Blacks get murdered more than anyone else. 75% of executions, however, are carried out against murderers who killed Whites.
If ALL black lives mattered to the BLM group, then they would be also upset at black on black violence and picketing in rough ghetto neighborhoods.

Instead, as seen in Baltimore, their group gets in the way of the police trying to stop crime in that city.

And a simple solution for the BLM group is to encourage black people to join the city police forces to monitor their own people. It would be quicker to make the police forces in the inner cities more black than try to make white police officers behave the way black people want them to. BTW I am a supporter of profiling.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:44 AM

40,934 posts, read 48,994,629 times
Out of 48 wounded so far this weekend only 4 deaths. Goes to show emergency medical works well in a war zone.
Either that or they are just really bad shots.

Memorial Day weekend shootings leave 4 dead, at least 48 wounded - Chicago Tribune

Old 05-30-2016, 06:40 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,994,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

so just an incubator and a turkey baster huh?

Old 05-30-2016, 07:16 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,417,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Out of 48 wounded so far this weekend only 4 deaths. Goes to show emergency medical works well in a war zone.
Either that or they are just really bad shots.

Memorial Day weekend shootings leave 4 dead, at least 48 wounded - Chicago Tribune
Only 4 dead people? See, all these people all over the country were so concerned.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:13 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,589,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Only 4 dead people? See, all these people all over the country were so concerned.
49 wounded...49!! That is very disturbing. I wonder of how many of those 49 actually had insurance? If not, how much $$ do these innocent victims had to shell out to pay for medical care?

Old 05-30-2016, 12:53 PM

29,462 posts, read 16,420,257 times
there are 18 major cities with a murder rate higher than Chicago, why is it that Chicago is always the focus point of this forum?

Old 05-30-2016, 01:05 PM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
49 wounded...49!! That is very disturbing. I wonder of how many of those 49 actually had insurance? If not, how much $$ do these innocent victims had to shell out to pay for medical care?
They usually don't pay a dime. They get put on Medicaid by the hospital's billing and/or social services departments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies