Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 10:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
My mistake.
You are correct on 1 point and wrong on the other.

"I doubt he's ever even been in the Bronx."

"You doubt".Instead of "doubting"and correcting me, maybe YOU should have done some research BEFOREHAND.

Trump attended Fordham University in the Bronx

I am man enough to admit when I make a mistake. Are you?
Yes. I forgot that Trump had attended Fordham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 10:34 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
McCain is a creep and a phony.

He and John ("My fellow soldiers raped and tortured innocent Vietnamese civilians") Kerry are both downright evil people who threw POW/MIA families under the bus.

McCain is "buddy-buddy" with Frankenstein John Kerry -- a disgusting, gold-digging traitor (hated and denounced as a liar, a phony and a coward by his fellow swift boat veterans) who has mysteriously lost the fake Boston Brahmin accent that he had when he dissed his fellow Vietnam War vets in front of Congress, falsely accusing them of unspeakable crimes.

McCain wants open borders and all of the crime and terrorism that come with that -- PLUS constant warfare.

Somebody must have banged him on the head one too many times.

There isn't a conceivable war out there that McCain doesn't want to start and then have young people fight and lose -- because none of the wars that he has wanted us to get involved in (the latest being in Syria and Libya) are wars that we would even try to win.

McCain....

Fake hero and fraud.

Did what the North Vietnamese wanted him to do.

Time to put him out to pasture.

Real heroes should not insult themselves by equating themselves to McCain -- who never saw even one day of combat.

And Trump is right.

Just getting captured DOES NOT make you a hero!

Did you notice how all of the awful allegations against John Kerry suddenly disappeared as soon as the election was over? How the term "being swift-boated" is now used to describe making unsupported accusations against someone to ruin his/her reputation? As far as McCain goes, please check out this: No Manchurian Candidate to read about how certain unscrupulous men have lied to tarnish McCain's record as a POW.

After a person has served his country in combat, and even suffered at the hands of the enemy, to have one's reputation dragged through the mud is the ultimate insult. Those responsible for such slander are lower than whale excrement.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
His earned bankroll has NOTHING to do with it.

"Ignorance is bliss" someone said!
His wealth gives him the ability to tell people to kiss his azz without repercussions. ONLY his wealth and nothing else.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:14 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Trump does NOT apologize-- he justifies--- my 6 yr old does the same thing

Old 06-02-2016, 01:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Did you notice how all of the awful allegations against John Kerry suddenly disappeared as soon as the election was over?
So you expected the lying liberal media not to cover up for him?

Quote:
How the term "being swift-boated" is now used to describe making unsupported accusations against someone to ruin his/her reputation?
No, being "swift boated" is having ugly truths told about you.

Quote:
As far as McCain goes, please check out this: No Manchurian Candidate to read about how certain unscrupulous men have lied to tarnish McCain's record as a POW.

After a person has served his country in combat, and even suffered at the hands of the enemy, to have one's reputation dragged through the mud is the ultimate insult. Those responsible for such slander are lower than whale excrement.
No, McCain is lower than whale excrement.

There is no slander involved.

Just like there isn't any involved when people post youtube videos of John Kerry falsely accusing his fellow soldiers of committing horrible atrocities -- rape, mutilation, torture and murder.

That you would overlook that tells me all I need to know.

Namely, that I don't need to take your "indignation" seriously because it is selective indignation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Trump does NOT apologize-- he justifies--- my 6 yr old does the same thing
So does Obama.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:21 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
His wealth gives him the ability to tell people to kiss his azz without repercussions. ONLY his wealth and nothing else.
You do live in a bizarre, jealous world.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Did you notice how all of the awful allegations against John Kerry suddenly disappeared as soon as the election was over? How the term "being swift-boated" is now used to describe making unsupported accusations against someone to ruin his/her reputation? As far as McCain goes, please check out this: No Manchurian Candidate to read about how certain unscrupulous men have lied to tarnish McCain's record as a POW.
That is your spin on it.

Quote:
John Kerry might have been well served to not have done that then.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:58 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:

yes, I agree.

That is why

New Report Documents Wrongful VA Denial of Benefits to Vets with Bad Paper Discharges

VA Is Denying Benefits To Vets With Bad Paper Discharges At Unprecedented Rates, Report Finds

"... only a war hero because he is captured.."

I interpret it as "had he never been captured, he would be considered as one of those guys who had done their jobs. - no hero status" Isn't that true though?

Post 9/11 veterans are being excluded from basic veteran services at unprecedented rates. The VA is excluding 125,000 veterans who served since 2001 without ever reviewing their service – including at least 33,000 who deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. That amounts to 6.5% of all men and women who served in the military since 2001 (only 2.8% of Vietnam era veterans and 1.7% of World War II era veterans were excluded by VA).

NVLSP

Key findings from the report

Marines are nearly ten times more likely to be excluded from VA services than their counterparts in the Air Force --- hmmm I wonder why, must be because Marines are less honorable people in general

Current era service members are excluded at higher rates than other eras-- more than twice the rate for Vietnam Era veterans and nearly four times the rate for World War II Era veterans ---------- Does it have anything to do with military downsizing? hmm, makes you wonder..

Mental health and combat have little effect on eligibility ---- I guess combat veterans just have to suck it up and deal with PTSD because PTSD is not real. lol

3 out of 4 veterans with bad-paper discharges who served in combat and who have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are denied eligibility by the Board of Veterans’ Appeals --------- why is that?

https://www.swords-to-plowshares.org...30/Underserved

After a person has served his country IN COMBAT, and even suffered from PTSD, to have their own government denied them basic medical care because of wrongfully issues bad paper is also the ultimate insult. Don't you think?

I am not saying many of those people who received "bad paper" don't deserve it, but why so many of them now?

Its current practice of disregarding evidence of an incorrect diagnosis at the time of discharge makes it virtually impossible for a veteran with PTSD to contest his or her discharge on that basis, denying countless veterans the honor and benefits they deserve. This cannot accord with the Board’s “abiding moral sanction”to serve the interest of justice.

Instead of playing the games of words, why not concentrate on helping these veterans who really need help?! give me a break.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why are somebody hero, someone are just "the guys who have done their jobs"
Maybe this is the uncomfortable question no one likes to answer.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 06-02-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies