Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 03:17 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how racist is it to assume that only white people go to zoos?

LOL

PS I feel terrible for these parents. my kids could disappear in a half second. kids do that. I did that.
Am I the only one who thinks that this was the zoo's fault? There should not have been a gap for the child to have crawled through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 03:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that this was the zoo's fault? There should not have been a gap for the child to have crawled through.
The zoo shares some blame. Zoos are for kids and should be child proof - no gaps that inquisitive kids can slip through. Two out of three adult zoo visitors bring children.

I can't find any images of the viewing area.

edit: this video shows the viewing area and barrier - look at the child level gaps:

Last edited by katzpaw; 05-31-2016 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
How many African Americans identify with gorillas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Really?

snip

Pathetic post of the year!
I think yours was the pathetic post of the year.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:24 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Who is calling racism, not even BLM is that stupid as they would be insulting themselves by calling the gorilla equal to an average AA. The only one calling racism is the OP, and the website that gives my phone a Donald trump pop up ad.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I believe it is the zoo to make sure no one can get in to the area . I have been in zoos and seen double chain link fencing around . No one could get in. We know children go to the zoo and the zoo should make sure no child can tumble into the area that a dangerous animal is kept. The responsibility rests with the zoo.

I agree that it is the Zoo's responsibility to see that no child can get thru a gate or open area, anywhere to where there is danger for the child.

And I believe just as much, that it is a Parent's responsibility as a parent, to see that your child does not wander away from you, and make sure your child is with you at all time. People know what little children do, come on Parent's you share so much of this blame it is unreal.

You see in my opinion and I have been there with little children out and about, you as an adult, have to set the record straight with your child. Of course little kids will try and run away, I ran right along side with them. I knew even then, the child can get in trouble not realizing it. They can still be kids, without their life being in jeopardy. And mature Parent's owe it to their children, to be a good role model, and make sure you have a child that will not take off. This should not have happened, if the Parent's were truly watching him.

I could understand how animal activists are feeling right now, because of two Parent's inability to supervise there child properly, a beautiful rare Animal was killed, yes I understand why, but this animal should never have died, if these Parent's watched there child.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:34 PM

991 posts, read 629,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I haven't heard any claims of racism over this. Maybe you need a new circle of friends?
I copied a couple from twitter the night this happened.

I didn't care to copy them all .. All of which have mysteriously 'disappeared'!
(After discovering that the child was an African American!)

There were hundreds like these .. If not thousands!

Quote:
That gorilla was taken from it’s homeland, put in captivity, and then killed to preserve White life. That sounds familiar.

— Isa Ibn (@IsaIbnOfficial) May 29, 2016
Quote:
That gorilla was black, unarmed and 17

— Kar L. Stine (@karyewest) May 29, 2016
Quote:
Killing an endangered gorilla at a zoo for a white boy’s safety is white privilege. If the boy was black they would’ve found a tranquilizer.

— Hood Intellect (@NelsonEmpowered) May 29, 2016

Last edited by epliny; 05-31-2016 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 03:34 PM

5,898 posts, read 3,899,147 times
Conservatives are supposed to be all about personal responsibility yet none of them blame the parent for not watching her kid. Anyhow, I blame Obama for the gorilla's death!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:39 PM

You liberals are a sad group.

As I said above, There were hundreds .. If Not Thousands of the White Privilege posts on twitter when this happened!

So Blacks comparing White Privilege to a Gorilla being "Murdered" suggest nothing to you libs?

Old 05-31-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I think yours was the pathetic post of the year.
Terrible comeback!

Reread your "Murdered" post!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:45 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,375 times
Yes there were social justice warriors screaming racism. Just because YOU didn't say it or didn't hear it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And good for you for not screaming racism and good for your friends and family, BUT, the people who were screaming racism are most likely Obama supporters and will be supporting Hillary. Proof? No I don't have proof because it is obvious.

Remember the shooting in California about 6 months ago? Social media was calling for the end to crazy white guys with guns. Then it turned out it was radical Muslims. LOL, there are more examples of this type of stuff happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies