Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 07:28 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I agree even though I'm a nature lover and was sad to hear the gorilla was killed (before I knew all the details), I understood why they made their decision and stand in support of the zoo officials. When I read the comments, I knew what was up. Then, when I read the mention of the father's criminal history that sealed it for me. I thought, what does his criminal past have to do with the child falling into the gorilla's enclosure? What was even more strange was that not one article mentioned the father being at the zoo with the mom and children.

As an African-American, I'm not surprised at the outrage and anger towards this child's parents at all. There is a 250 year history of this mentality in our country towards certain people when they commit any offense, intentional or accidental. It is par the course as there is a sizable number of our Caucasian brothers and sisters who never fail to show their ugly side given the opportunity. Just goes to show people of all races are flawed regardless of culture, religion, socioeconomic status, or IQ.

The last time I saw them this upset regarding animals was with Michael Vick. What he did was extremely wrong and reprehensible, YES, but I saw more outrage and hatred for him (who hurt dogs) than for Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, school shooters, movie theatre shooters, and all the other WM serial killers (who murdered innocent people) put together. Actually as I remember, those murderers (of humans) where often compassionately labeled as mentally ill, loners, or victims of physical abuse by their "stepfathers, grandmother's cousin, mean substitute teacher" as if that justified the crimes they committed.

Had that child been a little blonde child, most likely the parents would have been supported, the zoo would have been accused of being negligent for not having a 25 ft sealed iron curtain between the gorillas and the public, the shooter would be named an American hero complete with a medal ceremony attended by Pres. Obama, a movie deal reiterating how noble the shooter is and scenes recounting how he married his childhood sweetheart, and Harambe the gorilla would have been called the N-word, thug, or attributed to being from Africa hence the reason for his violent tendencies and need to be shot.
what a stinking pile of feces this post is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 07:29 AM

295 posts, read 181,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what a stinking pile of feces this post is...
So you think it was acceptable to drag out the fathers person affairs despite him not even having been present at the zoo?

Old 06-01-2016, 08:07 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Wasn't it the Brookfield Zoo where a similar incident happened several years back. Except in that incident the gorilla was a female and was obviously trying to help the kid. That one had a happy ending.
I had forgotten about that. We avoided the gorilla enclosure so we didn't have to worry about that. I thought they modified the enclosure after that incident, didn't they?

The incident was way back in 1996.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
So you think it was acceptable to drag out the fathers person affairs despite him not even having been present at the zoo?
sure it's acceptable. it's also irrelevant.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:26 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I had forgotten about that. We avoided the gorilla enclosure so we didn't have to worry about that. I thought they modified the enclosure after that incident, didn't they?

The incident was way back in 1996.
Apparently Binti Jua (the gorilla's name) is alive and well and still resides at the Brookfield Zoo.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:39 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
OH LORD. Anyone who brings race into this is an idiot, I really don't know why people have to do this. I remember reading somewhere that the kid was saved because of "White life" only for them to retract that statement when they found out the kid was Black. It's unbelievable to me. A BLACK KID was saved, a BLACK KID was saved, HIS BLACK LIFE was saved and BLM people still have to find something to make into a racist issue. I bet if a White kid was saved they would have went on and on and on about the precious "White life" being saved. Instead certain groups of being happy that a kids life was saved, they're worried about the freaking race. Unbelievable.
These people are addicted to PC crack. EVERYTHING and ANYTHING instantly takes a racial spin, as they take another suck on the pipe with every bit of news they read... if they can actually read.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:02 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Criminal defense attorney Mark Krumbein said he does not believe any criminal charges will be filed.

“It may simply be a situation where the mother just wasn’t watching the child for just a moment or two and the child slipped away,” Krumbein said.

He said if the mother is charged with anything, it would most likely be child negligence.

from: Findings from Cincinnati Police Department investigation on zoo incident to go to prosecutor - Story

She SHOULD be charged!

Old 06-01-2016, 03:12 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
charged because the child fell in- or because the gorrila had to be killed?

Old 06-01-2016, 05:01 PM

998 posts, read 665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
charged because the child fell in- or because the gorrila had to be killed?
Mother should be charged with gross negligence... NOW!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I didn't see any video of the mothers neglect, I heard people who claim she was wasn't watching her child but if all these people noticed this then why didn't any of them stop the kid or even alert the mother? Stuff happens, I'm glad the kid is okay. i think everyone cares about the gorilla but when the kid went in there wasn't of anything else they could do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies