Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,874,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
Nationally, about 15% more Americans identify as Conservative than Liberal, so its not surprising that the most Conservative states are more ideological than the most Liberal states.

Blaming Fox News carries no weight, when the highest rated shows on Fox reach about 2 million viewers. There's about 70 million voting age Conservatives in the US, so the impact of Fox News and a.m. radio is minimal.
That's because in reality, what conservatives call "liberals" are more likely to be moderates. But, the right-wing is so far gone to the right, that even moderates are communists to the average Fox News viewer (who is older). There are more conservatives simply because the baby boomers are the largest generation in the US, but not for much longer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 09:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But you don't cheer lead, nope, you never do

So Puerto Ricans, who are primarily Spanish speaking, don't have voting rights in the US? You are kidding me, right? Or you assume that everyone who speaks Spanish MUST be a non-citizen foreigner?
Am I to assume these people are from Puerto Rico? Where are you getting this info?

I live in a "Red State" I thought I lived in a State in the United States. My state is not overpopulated with Puerto Ricans, but a few other cultures seem to be on the way up in population and they are not conservatives from Puerto Rico.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:47 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,874,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Am I to assume these people are from Puerto Rico? Where are you getting this info?

I live in a "Red State" I thought I lived in a State in the United States. My state is not overpopulated with Puerto Ricans, but a few other cultures seem to be on the way up in population and they are not conservatives from Puerto Rico.
But you assumed ALL Hispanics are foreigners, so why should they be questioned. Furthermore, you don't believe there are naturalized Spanish speakers, who better understand their native Spanish language than English? Considering that Mexicans are the number 1 naturalized foreign group in the US by the millions, that's not a stretch of logic

Old 06-01-2016, 04:04 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,363,100 times
do they listen to, too much right wing talk radio or the fact that there is no left wing talk radio that successful to be on the air.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
But you assumed ALL Hispanics are foreigners, so why should they be questioned. Furthermore, you don't believe there are naturalized Spanish speakers, who better understand their native Spanish language than English? Considering that Mexicans are the number 1 naturalized foreign group in the US by the millions, that's not a stretch of logic
Then we can go with.........it depends on how the interviewer asks the question. Conservative in Saudi Arabia is not the same as conservative in America.

From your link;The most conservative states both seven years ago and now are mainly located in the South and the Mountain West, while the most liberal states are basically located along the East and West Coasts. We at least see which states gets their hands dirty when they work.

How much do you think coastal people are thinking about the ideology of being poor or lower middle class? Yet, voters think Liberals want to be near the common people.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:32 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,246,933 times
Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble, but the right-wing has their fair share of bat**** crazy fascists. Though, they like to give themselves away usually by wearing bed sheets to nighttime outdoor parties.
Without looking it up, what is a fascist?

Old 06-01-2016, 10:21 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
We see time and time again from right-wing posters on here how "communist" New York, California, and Illinois are, how they are trying to run conservatives out of the states or whatever from their "ultra liberal bastions of utopia". Actually, the truth is this.

Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana Most Conservative States

Every single Blue state is much less driven by partisan ideology than the Red states are. The three states I mentioned, which are the three favorites that right-wing pundits love to bash on a daily basis, are not "ultra liberal" states so much that they are just very moderate.

The most conservative state is rated by Gallup as 48.9% ideologically conservative, while the most liberal state is only 30.3% ideologically liberal.

Here's my interpretation: right-wing Americans listen to, and watch, way too much right-wing talk radio and Fox News and are much more polarized than even liberals and, obviously, moderates. This, in turn, feeds the fact that during midterms, conservatives always turn out in higher numbers. "Liberals" who usually vote for Democrats don't show up in the midterms, because I believe these are mostly people who are politically moderate or lean Democrat and are not consumed by political media to anywhere near the level that your typical Republican voter is.

I don't believe the US is a conservative country or a right-wing country. This is a fairly moderate country, but the problem is the moderates stay home on election day, and the fact is that the GOP has a more active base than the Democrats do. Look at C-D, vast majority of the most active posters on here are the GOP base (whether they admit that to themselves or not). This also explains why the GOP gets more and more right-wing with every election with more moderate GOP voters either not showing up to the primaries, or just becoming apathetic and not voting at all. Despite the GOP base narrowing every year, this narrowing seems to embolden them more; they feel more threatened. Don't underestimate Trump's support in November. There are A LOT of desperate people supporting him, as he is probably the last great gasp and hope of the blue collar white male vote, the fastest shrinking (and also the most politically active) demographic in the US
"Here's my interpretation: right-wing Americans listen to, and watch, way too much right-wing talk radio and Fox News and are much more polarized than even liberals and, obviously, moderates."

And where do YOU get YOUR news?

Why do YOU want to limit the number of right wing radio stations? What are you so afraid of?

I thought liberals were all for DIVERSITY.

Obviously you wrongly DON'T thing the alphabet news stations and the major print media are left biased.

Which makes YOU biased. Which we know to be true.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:00 PM

451 posts, read 463,249 times
Quote:
That's because in reality, what conservatives call "liberals" are more likely to be moderates. But, the right-wing is so far gone to the right, that even moderates are communists to the average Fox News viewer (who is older). There are more conservatives simply because the baby boomers are the largest generation in the US, but not for much longer

Liberal, Moderate, Conservative, Right-Wing... these terms are all relative to where you're coming from. Compared to the rest of the planet, the USA is quite socially liberal.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:03 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,320,369 times
Without morals, ethics, values and principles we would all be liberals.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:07 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,919,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Damned *******s! They want to clutter up the agenda with meaningless, token and symbolic so-called "gestures," like fighting infectious diseases like Zika, or assuring safe drinking water and an uncontaminated food supply, or how to improve the health and quality of life of its citizens? Not important! I'm a single-issue voter: I WANT THE BIBLE AS MY STATE'S OFFICIAL BOOK!
All of those things are done by both conservative and liberal governments. Actually, I believe it was the lib utopia of Flint, Michigan that wasn't able to provide clean drinking water to its residents. All of the conservative places I have lived have had clean, potable water.

No, liberals spend time doing things like trying to get trannies into bathroom stalls with 4 year old girls, ensuring that those who don't want to work don't have to and trying to find ways to let criminals off the hook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies