Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 01:09 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It is also a cultural issue. Other ethnicities have different preferences.

Would whites be interested in joining the rappers club?

Would whites be interested in joining the Mariachi club?
The above is far too simplistic of a viewpoint.

As a minority, the world church organization in which I was raised had its own scout organization. None of the minorities in our branch of Christianity in my circles joined girl/boy scouts because we had our own religious scout group. There were state, regional and international meets.

I was also involved in numerous other activities.

No need for girl scouts at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 01:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Well, I'd say we're in different times now...the streets definitely aren't as safe as they use to be...around me anyway...I couldn't fathom sending any of my three daughters to walk just outside my neighborhood...I see little kids walking the streets of the ghettos all the time though...I suppose protective, caring, proactive parents are such enablers?
The streets of the average neighborhood are no more dangerous than they've ever been. That's hyperbolic nonsense.

You see kids walking the streets of the ghettos ALL THE TIME?

LOL...so you hang out in the ghetto, huh?

Stop it. You're being silly, and you're exaggerating to boot.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:32 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Well, I'll venture to guess; based on your post counts that not only do you have awesome fulfilling lives but I'm sure I couldn't surprise you with much as I'm positive you've read, heard and seen it all at least once before....Good job guys...you should be very proud of that post count!

GO LIBBYS!
Well - that was random.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Clearly somewhere, somehow white people must be racist, or at least not sufficiently welcoming. Since we all know that all groups are the same in all ways, the explanation that white people just happen to like conservation, camping, volunteering, citizenship, etc. more than blacks and Mexicans is not an acceptable explanation.

The Girl Scouts of the USA Is Struggling to Recruit Hispanic and African American Scouts - The Atlantic
Volunteering? Citizenship?

African Americans are the only group that serves in our military much higher proportionally than their numbers in the general population overall.

We helped liberate people when we needed liberation right here in the United States.

Few other groups can say that.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:29 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Which is why this forced diversity crap will never work...numbers!
This is why they are "minorities" duh, because there are more of other groups, namely white folk. So going by the numbers the math will not add up. The government needs to leave EVERYONE alone. Let things take their natural course. Stay out of it. All this crap has divided us and not made things better. Minorities are minorities because they are minorities. Duh. The government is so stupid sometimes.

I prefer being in groups where I can socialize with people like myself, so the Girl Scouts need to chill about diversity and stop worrying about their image, because the generations have changed and no longer are many interested in those ancient clubs/groups. Personally, when I was in it, I did not like selling the cookies, putting on that hideous uniform, camping, and going to the Senior Citizen home every month. Two years a Brownie, one year a Girl Scout, and I finally told my Mom and Dad I hated it, so they let me quit!!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:40 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Clearly somewhere, somehow white people must be racist, or at least not sufficiently welcoming. Since we all know that all groups are the same in all ways, the explanation that white people just happen to like conservation, camping, volunteering, citizenship, etc. more than blacks and Mexicans is not an acceptable explanation.

The Girl Scouts of the USA Is Struggling to Recruit Hispanic and African American Scouts - The Atlantic
The article in no way argues racism.

I dont understand the OP's need to start a fake argument.

As for the groups themselves, they are expensive to maintain. I used to work with a group that sponsored both Boy and Girl scouts and eventually they just stopped paying dues and renamed both.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:01 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Where do you get that number? I find a salary of ~$400,000 for the CEO who has a Spanish surname, possibly Hispanic.
She
As usual men earn more than women. The CEO of The Boy Scouts earns four times that figure.
National Boy Scouts explain $1.6 million salary for top exec- OC Watchdog Blog: Orange County Register

The sad thing is that even 400k a year is too much when the bulk of the work is done by volunteers at the local level for no pay.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:04 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Anna Maria Chavez, the CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA, makes about $390,000 a year.

But it isn't YOUR money, so why do you care?
It is called the fleecing of America and you buy this stuff.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:31 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It is called the fleecing of America and you buy this stuff.
You think the Girl Scouts are stealing from you? Fleecing you"

If they aren't subsidized by tax dollars (and they aren't) then you aren't getting fleeced, are you?

if you don't like them then don't buy their cookies.

And the next time you see some Girl Scouts be sure to berate them because you don't like how much their CEO is paid. Because you're a class act... or something...

Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
#warongirlscouts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies