Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Devil Worshippers be allowed to do this to all US cities ?
YES 58 77.33%
NO 17 22.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 03:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I answered this partially in post 44.
It would seem based on the responses that my discussion of the topic
is ridiculed by most in the forum, so I will discontinue replies, although
I have received a number of silent reps.
I am most discouraged by the poll results and it is my firm conviction that
if these poll results indicate where America is headed, evil will increase.
You are seriously disappointed that most Americans don't believe in the power of spells? Unlike you, I think this is a sign of progress!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 03:42 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Anyone who selects "NO", clearly doesn't understand the whole freedom of religion thing. How sad.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:33 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Sorry, I could not vote. there was not a choice "I do not care what satanists do!"

Old 05-31-2016, 04:47 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Yes, but they can't wear hoods so we can identify them when we apply for jobs.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:30 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
It's not about me it's about the people and other creatures who may be inflicted
and oppressed by demonic spirits and outcomes. The angelic spheres descend
upon principalities, not only persons, both good and bad.
But isn't that what happens when someone goes into a church and is fooled into believing in a false prophet? Millions of people do that every day and I see no complaints from you.

If we have the freedom of religion to openly believe in and pray to a false messiah, even granting that blasphemous belief precedence in our nation with public holidays in its name, then why should be stop Satanists? Equal footing, as it were.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:49 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Tit for tat

quote: Satanic consecration rituals

Quote:
On 6/16/16, the city of Lancaster CA is being ritually inflicted
by the Satanic Temple of Los Angeles, here is a description of
the event.
Satanic Temple Celebrates 6/6/16 in Los Angeles | L.A. Weekly

Question:

Do you believe the right of Satanists to ritually dedicate whole portions
of the United States to SATAN should be allowed ?

First of all, I think you need to rephrase a lot of this language. consecration @ the root refers to the sacred - which I interpret to be the direct opposite of what they're intending. dedicate also refers back to the meaning of consecration - which see above.

The same for propaganda & lots of other specialized church language - I don't think you can apply that language to Satanic rites without doing a lot of damage to the core meaning - the kerygma, if you will - of that language.

Lancaster is being inflicted? What does that mean?

Secondly, there is no religious test for office in the US, nor likely remaining in the US state constitutions modelled after the US Constitution. Religion - or irreligion - is to be freely exercised in the US. Absent a compelling state interest, that is the law. That being the case, there is no way to legally impede their irreligious rite - so long as they don't otherwise break laws - blocking traffic, endangering the public, etc. On the bright side, the same is true for any counter-rite that believers may wish to hold to negate the effects of the Satanist rite - with the same caveat.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,799,413 times
Default Nice observation, if you can get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just about like it is a "violation" of the rights of citizens who do not want their city inflicted by Islamic or Christian bull(^&t. If you allow one "religion" you have to allow all. Satanism is no more or less viable than Islam or Pastafarianism.
No, no! Pastafarianism can actually feed people. After the love feast is done, you pass out the pasta, some crusty bread, maybe a nice chianti. A little grated (greated?) cheese, & you're there.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:00 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
No, no! Pastafarianism can actually feed people. After the love feast is done, you pass out the pasta, some crusty bread, maybe a nice chianti. A little grated (greated?) cheese, & you're there.
Ban shredded cheese! Make America grate again!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:01 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times
Quote:
On 6/16/16, the city of Lancaster CA is being ritually inflicted
by the Satanic Temple of Los Angeles, here is a description of
the event.
Satanic Temple Celebrates 6/6/16 in Los Angeles | L.A. Weekly

Question:

Do you believe the right of Satanists to ritually dedicate whole portions
of the United States to SATAN should be allowed ?
This is a Christian country, built on Christian principles. Have its leaders been faultless?...no. But if you don't like it, go and live somewhere else. You want Sharia law? - feel free to join ISIS. You enjoy serving Satan? Find a country based on Satanic principles... feel free to join ISIS.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
This is a Christian country, built on Christian principles. Have its leaders been faultless?...no. But if you don't like it, go and live somewhere else. You want Sharia law? - feel free to join ISIS. You enjoy serving Satan? Find a country based on Satanic principles... feel free to join ISIS.
Actually it was founded on the idea of everyone being able to practice their religion as they see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies