Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Devil Worshippers be allowed to do this to all US cities ?
YES 58 77.33%
NO 17 22.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 07:36 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Actually it was founded on the idea of everyone being able to practice their religion as they see fit.
Yes, but the founding fathers were Christian. Other religions that don't break the laws of the land are welcome, but those who kill animals and people for their ceremonies, as Satanists do, or kill others for changing their religion, as Muslims do, cannot practice the full extent of their religions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBqoQJRNepo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 07:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
This is a Christian country, built on Christian principles. Have its leaders been faultless?...no. But if you don't like it, go and live somewhere else. You want Sharia law? - feel free to join ISIS. You enjoy serving Satan? Find a country based on Satanic principles... feel free to join ISIS.

?????? This country was founded on the principle that the government is not religion's enforcement arm, nor does any religion set policy for the government.

An American is free to practice whatever religion they please, or no religion at all.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, but the founding fathers were Christian. Other religions that don't break the laws of the land are welcome, but those who kill animals and people for their ceremonies, as Satanists do, or kill others for changing their religion, as Muslims do, cannot practice the full extent of their religions.
Did the rite cited by the OP include animal sacrifice? I didn't see it mentioned.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:46 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Did the rite cited by the OP include animal sacrifice? I didn't see it mentioned.
You don't know what the Satanist rituals involve? Don't be naive...

Old 05-31-2016, 07:50 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Yes,
So discussion over. They have every right to practice their beliefs all the same as anyone and will be held accountable for any laws they break just like anyone else.

People have killed under the label of being a Christian also.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You don't know what the Satanist rituals involve? Don't be naive...
Well, you've obviously participated in them, since you know for certain what occurs there. Please share.

Also, please explain for me the many sects of satanists and how that plays out in their church? temple? rituals. Thank you.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:06 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,585,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
But isn't that what happens when someone goes into a church and is fooled into believing in a false prophet? Millions of people do that every day and I see no complaints from you.

If we have the freedom of religion to openly believe in and pray to a false messiah, even granting that blasphemous belief precedence in our nation with public holidays in its name, then why should be stop Satanists? Equal footing, as it were.
are you referring to Jesus Christ?

Old 05-31-2016, 08:12 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,585,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So discussion over. They have every right to practice their beliefs all the same as anyone and will be held accountable for any laws they break just like anyone else.

People have killed under the label of being a Christian also.
what if my religion says I cannot pay taxes?
I don't see a conscientious objector box on
the 1040.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
what if my religion says I cannot pay taxes?
I don't see a conscientious objector box on
the 1040.
Then the courts will straighten it out. These kinds of questions really aren't pertinent especially as I had already addressed this one.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:49 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,796,788 times
Default You need a chargeable offense

Quote:

Yep, the moment one of those happens, you can charge the perps with the appropriate crimes & the authorities will take them into custody & bind them over for charging & trial - cruelty to animals, assault, kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, murder, etc. The problem here is that you're looking for prior restraint of their ritual, whatever that may be. If the ritual entails any of these illegal acts, then you have a case - although it's weak - it would be conspiracy to commit, etc.

You still have a better case if the attack or whatever it is goes forward, @ least to the point that intent is established. You can't charge people on speculation only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies