Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

Dalai Lama opposes mass immigration into Europe, says immigrants should stay in their own countries ~ 14 Words Global Network14words
Quote:
massive amounts of immigrants who are turning the native population into a minority.
obvious to anyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 03:31 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,386,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
obvious to anyone
Except the politicians that control those countries, that is.

And i agree 100% with the Dalai Lama.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:07 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Not that I disagree with the Dalai Lama but when the Pope weighs in on this, they say religious leaders should stay out of secular politics. I assume, being intelligent people, they will say the same about the Dalai Lama. Or are people's opinions only valid when they agree with your own? We shall see how people react, though I have a good feeling, it will not be in the favor of conservatives.

As for the issue, I agree and also disagree. On one end, many are fleeing the oppression of ISIS and I do not think we should just tell them to turn back and do nothing. On the other, humans have distinct cultures for a reason. The Dalai Lama is a fan of diverse cultures, as I understand it, but he also tends to believe these cultures should be their own and not try and dominate or influence others. That's as I understand it; I could be off some. Just as an example, I view myself as Agnostic on theological issues, but often still find myself going to church with friends and loved ones and tend to enjoy the experience overall. Christianity is part of my culture, so I decided not to abandon it completely, even though I have some disagreements. I feel the Dalai Lama would feel this is a good way to express one's culture.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:09 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
Hmmm who knew, the Dalai Lama is racist.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:32 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I also tend to agree with Mr. Lama. Temporary refuge. As the article notes, you had a massive migration of people after WWII, fleeing the utter destruction and destitution of wherever they called home.

Yet, during the ten years after the end of the War, many returned to their homes. I still think that many that have fled Syria et al will return to their homes, when they have secure homes to return to.

Recall, that before The War, many Germans fled Germany, fearful of Hitler and his henchmen. When the Nazis and the German army were defeated, many returned (at least, to those parts not controlled by the Russians).

If I lived in Syria, and I had a family, and I had the means, I would also flee. Spend some time in Sweden, then, hopefully, return home at some time. As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home".

Of course, I realize that we have had many economic refugees move to my home, Texas, and by gosh they have not left, such as back to their homeland of Michigan, etc. So, I guess I am a little pessimistic. Every time I look here on CD at the "Texas" forum, all I see are people from the North wanting to move to our little piece of paradise.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
I align closely with Gandhi, and most likely him on the political test.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

He's one smart cookie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I also tend to agree with Mr. Lama. Temporary refuge. As the article notes, you had a massive migration of people after WWII, fleeing the utter destruction and destitution of wherever they called home.

Yet, during the ten years after the end of the War, many returned to their homes. I still think that many that have fled Syria et al will return to their homes, when they have secure homes to return to.
That's hopefully how it is, but the recent history of France's open immigration policy shows this simply isn't the case. Rather than returning home, they dig in and begin to try and change their new home into their old home.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:27 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,069,942 times
Do some research on what Dalai Lama said about Katrina hurricane victims, that'll give you a clearer picture of his racial "proclivities".

Old 05-31-2016, 05:36 PM

957 posts, read 1,132,549 times
I wish Dalai Lama were our Pope, instead of having Bergoglio who makes propapagand pro-invasion any day on and on...

Old 05-31-2016, 05:39 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Rather than returning home, they dig in and begin to try to turn their new home into their old home.
Rep, they just bring the same screwed up culture with them. Unfortunately, they not only **** in their own punch, now they are pissing in ours too. What do you expect when their Ideal man was a murderer, slaver, and child molester

yeah, nothing can go wrong creating a religion, where the founder makes David Karesh look like Mother Theresa.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
I think the EU should ban the Dalai Lama from entering into the soon to be super country of EU, since he uses hate speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies