Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:52 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Illegal immigrants do not get welfare or housing. Their children, if born in the US are eligible for food stamps and in some cases cash aid, but their eligibility does not entitle the parents to those benefits. Children not born in the US are not eligible for food stamps and are only entitled to emergency medical care.
I'm calling BS on that. How are all those illegal kids who crossed the border getting fed, housed, etc.? Who's paying for that?

Unaccompanied children crossing southern border in greater numbers - December 16, 2015 - Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...igrant-crisis/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 07:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Here in conservative new Hampshire our Democratic Governor has reported our State is suffering from a 2.9% unemployment rate. That is very inconvenient for most companies because employees want more them the minimum wage for their time.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:46 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm calling BS on that. How are all those illegal kids who crossed the border getting fed, housed, etc.? Who's paying for that?

Unaccompanied children crossing southern border in greater numbers - December 16, 2015 - Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...igrant-crisis/
You call BS on what? unaccompanied children are not given section 8, food stamps or welfare grants they are held in shelters.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
You call BS on what? unaccompanied children are not given section 8, food stamps or welfare grants they are held in shelters.
Who pays for that shelter and food, etc., for illegal alien children? Do they pay for it themselves? Or do taxpayers pay?

Old 06-05-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Who pays for that shelter and food, etc., for illegal alien children? Do they pay for it themselves? Or do taxpayers pay?
Off topic, look that up for yourself if you are curious about it.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:27 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizrulesSD View Post
LearnMe... I'm trying to understand where you stand on these issues. I wasn't trying to bring up the "guns" issue but rather point out that there are many liberals who think the conservative states are a redneck paradise that will devolve everyone shooting each other.

Illegal immigration is a VERY big deal. The public was told in the 80s that giving amnesty would solve the problem but that was a lie. The majority of those coming in illegally are on very bottom in terms of skill level. We have millions of people who can pick produce, clean houses or mow a yard. Furthermore, these individuals are crippling our social services. Illegal is illegal they knew that when they came over here but well aware that the US is too soft to stop it. Europe is finally seeing what CA has been dealing with for decades and you see how all of a sudden their stance change when it is in their own backyard.

While I am not against "rounding them up". Simply making it that you don't get ANY social services unless you are a citizen (welfare, housing, healthcare, education) would quickly have many of these people leave on their own.
If you want to understand where I stand on the issues I have commented about, read my words and/or quote me verbatim and let me know the source of the confusion. Otherwise, I can't speak to all that "many liberals" might "think," nor all the rights and/or wrongs of our immigration policy going back to the 80s...

I am simply a liberal and/or Progressive who speaks for myself.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Off topic, look that up for yourself if you are curious about it.
Not off topic at all. They're illegal alien children not born in the US, and they're getting US taxpayer-funded welfare... food, housing, medical care, etc.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:32 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Incorrect. Employer identification is an accepted identifier for an 824 transaction... That's enrollment
Perhaps another fact that points to the complicity of American employers when it comes to the blame game for illegal immigration...

Mexican comes to Texas to visit (live) with family, and white American citizen pays him U.S. dollars to work for him. Hard for that Mexican to really feel in the wrong if he is being paid to work by an American citizen let alone an American company, right? If that's "criminal," then stealing candy should be a felony...

Old 06-05-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Not off topic at all. They're illegal alien children not born in the US, and they're getting US taxpayer-funded welfare... food, housing, medical care, etc.
THIS is what you responded to,
Quote:
Illegal immigrants do not get welfare or housing. Their children, if born in the US are eligible for food stamps and in some cases cash aid, but their eligibility does not entitle the parents to those benefits. Children not born in the US are not eligible for food stamps and are only entitled to emergency medical care.
Nothing in there about unaccompanied immigrant children being held in shelters, was there?

Old 06-05-2016, 08:39 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Highest income , gas and sales tax in the nation, car registration is real high too. Billions in unfunded pension liability. Constant stupid new laws that take away your freedom, cost you money, and aggravate you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies