Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 AM

29,503 posts, read 9,688,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Highest income , gas and sales tax in the nation, car registration is real high too. Billions in unfunded pension liability. Constant stupid new laws that take away your freedom, cost you money, and aggravate you.
Aggravating, much like comments such as yours...

I live in California, and I too wish gas and sales tax were lower. Hate paying those higher car registration fees as well, the higher cost of housing, taxes..., yes! Would be nice all such expenses were lower, but then what, still more people flooding the already too congested areas??? Still more people in this "crap hole?"

What might it take, I wonder, to finally get back more space, less people, and a lower cost of living.

I know, immigration reform! Also allow for more urban sprawl, roll back business regulations like the requirement for cleaner burning fuels (not sure how that even happened in the first place), no minimum wage!

Oh! And become a full-on Open Carry state!

That should do it, right? What else?

I mean specifics beyond just repealing the "liberal freedom-take-away" policy generalities...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Immigration...

Occurs to me that there are many comments on the subject not necessarily found in this thread, but this one too...

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ng-see-14.html

If anyone is really interested who hasn't seen that thread too...

Old 06-05-2016, 09:41 AM

42,832 posts, read 26,218,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
How about those 5 new gun laws. Would they be allowed to pass if they were the same restrictions on your 1A rights or illegal immigrants ability to get free stuff? Nope.

Cali is a craphole. It has 3 major things that help.

1 Agricultural base which is degrading in Socal due to environazis.
2 Silicone valley but much like we are seeing companies move away from NYC for Wall Street we will see a net migration away from Silicone Valley.
3 Ports and shipping for goods from Asia.
Clearly you are not from California (in other posts you claim you are from New York) or you would not call "Silcon Valley" "Silicone Valley".

If you want a response to your claims, then please source them, otherwise it's a bit like trying to have a cogent discussion when someone claims there really is a tooth fairy.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:43 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Reasonable question, but based on all your prior calls of BS, you'd call BS on the rising Sun, and my first inclination is to think the BS must be true.
Don't understand your position. When I call BS on someone's "opinion," I back up my BS call with actual facts.

If you don't like facts, that could be the cause of your confusion.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Status: "College baseball this weekend." (set 16 hours ago)

52,671 posts, read 47,918,263 times
Quote:
"California is one of the few states in the country, and easily the largest, where Democrats are completely in control, holding every statewide office as well as overwhelming majorities in the Assembly and the Senate, not to mention both United States Senate seats. Mr. Brown and his party are using that power to try to enact legislation — on guns, tobacco, the environment, the minimum wage and immigrant rights — that suggest the kind of agenda that has eluded national Democrats."

"The Democrats’ more recent success in the state is in part the result of good fortune. California has been going through a period of prosperity, and in recent years Mr. Brown has been spared the need to impose politically contentious spending cuts."
I doubt seriously that there is any iota of success coming from Governor Brown's policies. Cali is in the sorry shape it's in because of all that. Companies and people are leaving the state because businesses and lives are crippled by the strangling regulations of the left, along with high taxes through the stratosphere. Justifying such policies is virtually impossible and has no defense. That state's lawmakers are even allowing illegal aliens to infiltrate these cities and cause problems.

Republican-run states are prospering more and are doing better, and that's a fact.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Cali is a craphole. It has 3 major things that help.

1 Agricultural base which is degrading in Socal due to environazis.
2 Silicone valley but much like we are seeing companies move away from NYC for Wall Street we will see a net migration away from Silicone Valley.
3 Ports and shipping for goods from Asia.
Don't forget the Warriors!

Old 06-05-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Don't understand your position. When I call BS on someone's "opinion," I back up my BS call with actual facts.

If you don't like facts, that could be the cause of your confusion.
Oh, again please, it isn't facts I don't like. At least try not to cause or suggest any more confusion about that here too, okay? Pretty please...

Time for more productive endeavors for me now I think, starting with some breakfast.

And tonight, go Dub Nation!

Old 06-05-2016, 10:05 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
Oh, again please, it isn't facts I don't like.
Apparently, it is.

I post facts. You ***** and moan that you disagree with them.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:03 PM

19,713 posts, read 10,101,966 times
Quote:
And if I may also ask, if "Wikepedia" -- Wikipedia -- is not a generally good source for information, what source is better as a rule? I'd like to know...

Not perfect of course, but if Google ranking is a consideration and/or the traffic there, seems Wikipedia is as good a source of general information as any, but for those who think otherwise, I'm just curious what better?

Fox News?
Anyone can post almost anything they want on Wiki. Doesn't have to be true. I looked up my hometown on Wiki once and there was much erroneous information.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:34 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,082,902 times
Mexifornia... sanctuary cities... regulationutopia... criminals on the street..open door policy...social welfare counties... untold unfunded liabilities...real taxation approaching fifty percent... and one half pays for the other..trains to nowhere... cost overruns no swest

Sounds great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies