Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 01:29 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I have to agree with a caveat here. The downward spiral to alcoholism and drugs can happen to anyone (no matter the age) when one simply can't handle a break up or anything stressful in life for that matter. If the target is already mentally unstable, then yes, the chance of this to have a lasting negative effect is bigger.

Not saying this is right. As I said in my other post, something's wrong with the teacher and I would even call her a sexual predator for targetting a 13-year old kid. But the kid in this story though, it sounded like the parents accepted their 'relationship' and even invited her to family gatherings, called her their son's 'girlfriend', knew about her pregnancy and were happy about it, etc. So it's not something they kept hush-hush about.
Maybe i missed the bold. lol If this is the case, I guess the parents are mentally ill too. I have no other explanations. Either mentally ill, or uneducated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:37 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
in any case-- it is hard on a kid to be involved in this this-- he is news- they will laugh at him- blame him- blame his parents
I had 3 sons- with their 100 bud's and now 3 grandsons- 13- too much for the kid. At that age, normal -it's t MUCH talk and little action-- " mentally emotionally not ready!"--

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-03-2016 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-02-2016, 01:38 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She is every bit a sexual deviant as a male teacher preying on a female student would be. Hopefully her crime will be treated as severely as it would be were the sexes reversed. It is obviously about power.
Yep, there is still an obvious double standard in this area still. If this was a 24 yr old man knocking up a 13 yr old gilr, he'd be hanging from a street lamp with his genitals cut off already.

Add to the fact that this woman is a hottie, and the bias just goes right on up. It's gross as hell to me, a 13 yr old boy, I mean come on???

Old 06-02-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
in any case-- it is hard on a kid to be involved in this this-- he is news- they will laugh at him- blame him- blame his parents
I had 3 sons- with their 100 bud's and now 3 grandsons- 13- too much for the kid. At that age, normal -it's t MUCH talk and little action-- " mentally emotionally not ready!"--
My nephews, and my adorable godson are 5 and 6 years old.

According to Roffman - a child psychologist, most parents want their kids to understand that sexuality should be connected to a relationship. Studies support the notion that "sex in the context of intimacy is what leads to lasting satisfaction and happiness," says Roffman. "Sexual intercourse is, in my estimation, the most fundamental, powerful behavior there is on the face of the earth...It has the ability to give life, potentially take life, and change any number of people's lives forever ... and that's not child's play."

I would want them to have the right attitude. I don't want to call this woman sexually deviant, because I don't know her story, she might be molested herself as a child or something. But seriously, it is wrong to take the innocence away from a boy like that.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:43 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
It may be pedophilia, but I doubt the boy will suffer from trauma because of this.
If you were the lawyer for the teacher, would that be your defense?

Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe i missed the bold. lol If this is the case, I guess the parents are mentally ill too. I have no other explanations. Either mentally ill, or uneducated.
You might be right... or might be guilty of applying your own standards to someone else, and assuming that whatever you feel/think is right and must be followed by everyone else.

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you that the situation is all messed up. But never ASSume that what is felt is right by you must also apply to everyone else. That they have to feel the exact same way as you, otherwise they must be condemned. I'm sure that there's things about you that others would consider odd or out of the "normal" spectrum, and I'm sure you'd feel very offended by their judgement. So be careful not to do this yourself.

I'll be perfectly honest. If I were 13, I would have more than welcomed an older woman to show me the ways of the world in terms of sex. I'm sure that it would have made me a better lover and a better man if I had an older woman to show me exactly how to treat her physically, emotionally, & mentally. We tend to have a very puritanical streak in America concerning sex. This attitude is not necessarily shared by most of the rest of the world, which makes us kind of unique.

Again, don't get me wrong. I know that has a teacher what she did was wrong. If only because of the power that she held over that particular student. The teacher-student relationship must be always professional. But if this were to happen outside of the school setting, I would not be very upset if it were to have happened to my son. I would have reminded him that this might not necessarily be love, but mainly lust. And that I hope that he doesn't get his heart broken and learns something from it.

And yes, I would probably feel different if it were my 13 year old daughter. We most definitely have a double standard when it comes to sex and age gaps in this country of ours.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
You might be right... or might be guilty of apply your own standards to someone else, and assuming that whatever you feel/think is right and must be applied by everyone else.

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you that the situation is all messed up. But never ASSume that what is felt is right by you must also apply to everyone else. That they have to feel the exact same way as you, otherwise they must be condemned. I'm sure that there's things about you that others would consider odd or out of the "normal" spectrum, and I'm sure you'd feel very offended by their judgement. So be careful not to do this yourself.

I'll be perfectly honest. If I were 13, I would have more than welcomed an older woman to show me the ways of the world in terms of sex. I'm sure that it would have made me a better lover and a better man if I had an older woman to show me exactly how to treat her physically, emotionally, & mentally. We tend to have a very puritanical streak in America concerning sex. This attitude is not necessarily shared by most of the rest of the world, which makes us kind of unique.

Again, don't get me wrong. I know that has a teacher what she did was wrong. If only because of the power that she held over that particular student. The teacher-student relationship must be always professional. But if this were to happen outside of the school setting, I would not be very upset if it were to have happened to my son I would have reminded him that this might not necessarily be loved. But mainly lust. And that I hope that he doesn't get his heart broken.

And yes, I would probably feel different if it were my 13 year old daughter. We most definitely have a double standard when it comes to sex and age gaps in this country of ours.
well, I know you are trying to be reasonable here, I was trying my hardest here to be fair and balanced.

But seriously, how is that applying my standards to somebody else? by saying the parents are mentally ill and uneducated?

which parents will be accepting a 24 year old woman having sex with their 13 year old son?

If you (not you personally, but general term you) are a 24 year old woman, you better stay away from my nephew, otherwise, you are going down. That is not standard, that is law.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:55 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I know you are trying to be reasonable here, I was trying my hardest here to be fair and balanced.

But seriously, how is that applying my standards to somebody else? by saying the parents are mentally ill and uneducated?

which parents will be accepting a 24 year old woman having sex with their 13 year old son?

If you (not you personally, but general term you) are a 24 year old woman, you better stay away from my nephew, otherwise, you are going down. That is not standard, that is law.
Of course, it's the law. And we tend to follow it as best we can.

But I bet that - if you were truly honest with us and yourself - you could probably name a half a dozen laws that you probably don't follow to the letter simply because you find them to be less than acceptable. That the implication of those laws is archaic and really, as long as no one is getting hurt, then why not bend them a little, as it truly doesn't hurt anyone.

That 13 year old boy is not hurt. I am assuming that you are a woman and therefore cannot possibly fathom the mind of a 13 year old male. Well, I am a male. And I have been a 13 year old male. And I can tell you right now that, no I would not have been hurt by this situation nor would it have that affected me throughout the course of the rest of my life. Please do not try to apply your own feelings and standards based upon your own gender to that of another. Unless you have actually been a 13 year old male, then don't tell anyone here how he would actually have been affected.

You may be able to speak from the female point of view, but you cannot speak for the male. And no amount of studies you could cite will actually change that point of view.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Of course, it's the law. And we tend to follow it as best we can.

But I bet that - if you were truly honest with us and yourself - you could probably name a half a dozen laws that you probably don't follow to the letter simply because you find them to be less than acceptable. That the implication of those laws is archaic and really, as long as no one is getting hurt, then why have I not bend them a little, as it truly doesn't hurt anyone.

That 13 year old boy is not hurt. I am assuming that you are a woman and therefore cannot possibly fathom the mind of a 13 year old male. Well, I am a male. And I have been a 13 year old male. And I can tell you right now that, no I would not have been hurt by this situation nor would it have that affected me throughout the course of the rest of my life. Please do not try to apply your own feelings and standards based upon your own gender to that of another. Unless you have actually been a 13 year old male, then don't tell anyone here how he would actually have been affected.

You may be able to speak from the female point of you, but you cannot speak for the mail. And no amount of studies you could cite will actually change that point of view.
Am I trying to speak for the males here? i don't think I am

Look at my posts, I said, IT DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUALS. for some males, there are no long lasting effect, for some males, there are. DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUALS.

Yes, if the parents accept the 24 years old grown adult woman having sex with their 13 year old son, and is happy about it, LOL they are either mentally ill or uneducated. Seems like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing here.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:12 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If you were the lawyer for the teacher, would that be your defense?
The teacher could always claim she is age-identified as a middle schooler and really feels herself to be an adolescent.

That should swing it in this day and age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies