Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times

Advertisements

Want some pesticide that will continue to grow in your body, in your food?

'About half of all GM crops have been genetically engineered to produce their own built-in pesticide. Engineered to contain Bacillus thuringiensis in every cell of the crop, when bugs bite the GM plant, the poison splits open their stomach and kills them. It cannot be washed off the plant. The gene inserted into GM foods transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function. This means that long after we stop eating GMOs, we may still have potentially harmful GM proteins produced continuously inside of us. Put more plainly, eating Bt corn might transform our intestinal bacteria into living pesticide factories, possibly for the rest of our lives.

Opposition stalls U.S. Senate bill aimed at blocking GMO food labels

Genetically Modified Foods Get Informed Before the Next Grocery Store Trip

Opposition stalls U.S. Senate bill aimed at blocking GMO food labels | Science | AAAS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 06:07 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,770,582 times
You know what's even worse? Food manufacturers have been pumping theobromine into all sorts of foods for years.
Theobromine is a poison they use to kill coyotes (just a couple of ounces is 100% fatal)! In humans, it eventually builds up in your body to a lethal dose and it particularly deadly to the elderly.
It has been linked to accidental poisonings of bears, cats, and large numbers of dogs who ate human food. It can kill bears! And yet it is purposely pushed into food we eat every day like donuts, milk shakes, and hot chocolate.

Bt proteins at least target insects. This stuff targets large mammals!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:12 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Want some pesticide that will continue to grow in your body, in your food?

'About half of all GM crops have been genetically engineered to produce their own built-in pesticide. Engineered to contain Bacillus thuringiensis in every cell of the crop, when bugs bite the GM plant, the poison splits open their stomach and kills them. It cannot be washed off the plant. The gene inserted into GM foods transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function. This means that long after we stop eating GMOs, we may still have potentially harmful GM proteins produced continuously inside of us. Put more plainly, eating Bt corn might transform our intestinal bacteria into living pesticide factories, possibly for the rest of our lives.

Opposition stalls U.S. Senate bill aimed at blocking GMO food labels

Genetically Modified Foods Get Informed Before the Next Grocery Store Trip

Opposition stalls U.S. Senate bill aimed at blocking GMO food labels | Science | AAAS
"...went to Monsanto and I spent a lot of time with the scientists there." As a result, he added with a grin, "I have revised my outlook, and am very excited about telling the world. When you're in love, you want to tell the world!"
_"What Did Monsanto Show Bill Nye to Make Him Fall "in Love" With GMOs?"_
http://www.motherjones.com/tom-philp...-and-love-gmos

Every progressive leftist's favorite astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, confuses it with cross-breeding:

_"...To GMO Critics: 'Chill Out'"_
"We have systematically genetically modified all the foods, the vegetables and animals, that we have eaten ever since we cultivated them. It's called 'artificial selection.' That's how we genetically modify them. So now that we can do it in a lab, all of a sudden you're going to complain?"
http://www.businessinsider.com/neil-...os-2014-7?op=1

The progressive left sure do love it some GMO.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:40 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,584,330 times
Saw a documentary that stated GMO corn is classified as a pesticide. To lazy to research if it's true or not.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:53 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
You know what's even worse? Food manufacturers have been pumping theobromine into all sorts of foods for years.
Theobromine is a poison they use to kill coyotes (just a couple of ounces is 100% fatal)! In humans, it eventually builds up in your body to a lethal dose and it particularly deadly to the elderly.
It has been linked to accidental poisonings of bears, cats, and large numbers of dogs who ate human food. It can kill bears! And yet it is purposely pushed into food we eat every day like donuts, milk shakes, and hot chocolate.

Bt proteins at least target insects. This stuff targets large mammals!
the horror!

ban chocolate!

Old 06-01-2016, 07:07 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
The science is settled and 97% of scientists agree there is no danger in GMO crops. Deniers.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:34 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,108,511 times
I`m sticking with Organic and will continue to eat as much of that as possible, even meat.( I am sure steroids are only meant for athletes !) Unfortunately in the UK, organic food is expensive. My only fear of Britain leaving the EU, is that GM crop firms will get an easier passage into our supermarkets. Do the large fast-food companies use GM? of that I am curious

Old 06-02-2016, 02:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
"...went to Monsanto and I spent a lot of time with the scientists there." As a result, he added with a grin, "I have revised my outlook, and am very excited about telling the world. When you're in love, you want to tell the world!"
_"What Did Monsanto Show Bill Nye to Make Him Fall "in Love" With GMOs?"_
What Did Monsanto Show Bill Nye to Make Him Fall "in Love" With GMOs? | Mother Jones

Every progressive leftist's favorite astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, confuses it with cross-breeding:

_"...To GMO Critics: 'Chill Out'"_
"We have systematically genetically modified all the foods, the vegetables and animals, that we have eaten ever since we cultivated them. It's called 'artificial selection.' That's how we genetically modify them. So now that we can do it in a lab, all of a sudden you're going to complain?"
Neil deGrasse Tyson Believes In GMOs - Business Insider

The progressive left sure do love it some GMO.
The left have certainly betrayed their original and noble premise of protecting nature and human life. Everything has turned on a dime out of sheer ignorance.

A question for progressives: WHAT is wrong with labeling food so we know who is and isn't using GMO's?

You want to know how much fat, salt, sugar...etc. is in your food, right? So please give a rational argument against simply labeling GMO foods.

Should I hold my breath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
I`m sticking with Organic and will continue to eat as much of that as possible, even meat.( I am sure steroids are only meant for athletes !) Unfortunately in the UK, organic food is expensive. My only fear of Britain leaving the EU, is that GM crop firms will get an easier passage into our supermarkets. Do the large fast-food companies use GM? of that I am curious
Chipotle just went non-GMO, and they made a huge deal about it. They definitely see harm in serving GMOs, and I hope the other chains will follow.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-02-2016 at 02:55 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 02:51 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The science is settled and 97% of scientists agree there is no danger in GMO crops. Deniers.
Danger or not, I support as much labeling as possible because I for one like to know what I am eating and drinking.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:38 PM

295 posts, read 181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Danger or not, I support as much labeling as possible because I for one like to know what I am eating and drinking.
This!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies