Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 01:57 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,445,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
On the other hand I've heard that Climate Change deniers are stooges for huge multi-national corporations to reverse any can safeguards or environmental regulations that could impact their profits.
And I've heard that Santa Claus lives at the North Pole and flies around the world in a Reindeer powered sled giving away toys every year near the end of December.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,980,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
All that proves is that 65% of the people are idiots who are easily separated from their own money.
You don't really know how a carbon tax works do you?

Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,073,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You say.
You are more transparent than grandmas underwear. I realize you don't understand why what you said flags your ignorance on the subject.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
There is a valid point there. Is the current climate change inside of the background noise of the planet.
Of course Earths natural mechanisms are at play. But we are exacerbating our planet's ability to cycle through greenhouse gases through their various cycles (carbon, sulfur, nitrogen, etc).

Old 06-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You are more transparent than grandmas underwear. I realize you don't understand why what you said flags your ignorance on the subject.
Are you reduced to name-calling and personal attacks so quickly? My, that sure was fast.

And your intimate familiarity with your grandmother's underwear is creepy and disturbing. That is all I have to say about that.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
On the other hand I've heard that Climate Change deniers are stooges for huge multi-national corporations to reverse any can safeguards or environmental regulations that could impact their profits.
We'll certainly. How many trillions of dollars are behind polluters? Manufacturing, utilities, and energy production are multi trillion dollar industries.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:04 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
We'll certainly. How many trillions of dollars are behind polluters? Manufacturing, utilities, and energy production are multi trillion dollar industries.
And how many trillions are loaned against assets that will shortly be under sea water?

Too little to late.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:08 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,717,905 times
Quote:
There is a valid point there. Is the current climate change inside of the background noise of the planet?

It gets argued with religious fervor.

My take is soot started it and feed back loops keep it going, CO2 is an also ran.
And my take is climate is alwAys in flux, our data gathering is still in its infancy, our analysis of that data (ex: accurately measuring temps in the 1700, 1800, most of the 1900's to a precise, not approximate degree) to draw a good baseline, much less to precisely state with true statistical confidence prior years, our understanding of global atmosphere/ocean relationships, measurement of solar radiation for hundreds of thousands of years, etc... That man's impact is the sole cause and the cockamamie solutions so far offered are just that. That does not preclude in any way looking to lessen our global impact, including what we are putting into the atmosphere.

As stated elsewhere, I have more concern about potable water.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
And how many trillions are loaned against assets that will shortly be under sea water?

Too little to late.
The government funded coastal flood insurance program for homeowners? That is the leftists who are primarily championing that sort of foolishness.

However, the flooding comes from periodic storms, and has yet to pay out even a single dollar related to flooding associated with any permanent rise in sea levels, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 06-02-2016 at 02:21 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 02:37 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,630,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If companies were selling poison baby food, would the answer be raising taxes on poison baby food to reduce demand?

If the UN and the political leaders really believed the AGW prophecy that would lead to millions of deaths, wouldn't they call for hard caps instead of " sure you can go over if you'll pay a tax"?
Of course, we know it's just a scam to skim money from the producers.

We are a world powered mainly by the use of fossil fuels, it's the life blood that drives the world's economy.

So all these corrupt liars are doing, is pretending the are just trying to save the planet, when all they are doing is leeching off the the life blood of the world's producers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies