Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:45 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,762,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Don't agree, but cannot provide an instance, not even one that "might be" considered, where government was not the peoples enemy."

Sure I can, the United states.

You are free to relive that the U.S. government is the "enemy of the people" but, you would be hard pressed to convince hundreds of millions of others.

My self included.

As I said I disagree with your premise.

The documentation, the increasing Police State and majority of people, all indicate history has repeated itself, with our own governments getting tyrannical and oppressive by the minute....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 12:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,137,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Throughout history. Every government created, has eventually become the enemy of the people.
The problem is people not governments. It's very simple.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,137,105 times
Quote:
The documentation, the increasing Police State and majority of people, all indicate history has repeated itself, with our own governments getting tyrannical and oppressive by the minute....
Some people just aren't suited to live in society. Have you considered removing yourself?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:49 PM

45,299 posts, read 26,564,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Don't agree, but cannot provide an instance, not even one that "might be" considered, where government was not the peoples enemy."

Sure I can, the United states.

You are free to relive that the U.S. government is the "enemy of the people" but, you would be hard pressed to convince hundreds of millions of others.

My self included.

As I said I disagree with your premise.
an extra ration of bread for comrade!
Since the govt you so love was looking over your shoulder as you typed your praise, who can blame you?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:51 PM

45,299 posts, read 26,564,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Some people just aren't suited to live in society. Have you considered removing yourself?
Why would you conflate society with gang violence? Maybe you and your thuggish govt should move on... I hear Somalia is nice this time of year

Old 06-02-2016, 01:08 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,929,530 times
Quote:
Throughout history. Every government created, has eventually become the enemy of the people.

Exactly.
And what's interesting about the U.S. is how blind the people are to this fact.
They are beyond accepting; they superstitiously BELIEVE in the federal government, just like they would believe in a religion. Exactly the same. The people are SURE that our own Mighty Oz will somehow make everything alright, despite zero evidence to support that. But the people love them some Mighty Oz!

Superstitious to the max.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:10 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,929,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post

You shouldn't be one of the sheeple ALL of your life.
Try to wake up. You can do it.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,428,529 times
All involuntary government is tyranny. Therefore upon inception all inv govts are the enemy of people.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:14 PM

1,166 posts, read 758,363 times
Quote:
Don't agree, but cannot provide an instance, not even one that "might be" considered, where government was not the peoples enemy.

Funny how even the guys that sat around getting drunk and writing the constitution understood that concept.... Or there would not have been a 2nd amendment and the words - militia, to maintain a free state, or shall not be infringed.

All one has to do, is look at the POLICE STATE and the thousands that sit in bondage to the government in a cell, being incarcerated and they killed no one, they didn't even harm another person. Nor did they steal from another person. They are sitting in incarceration for nothing more than being free with liberties, not consenting to the oppression of liberty.

I will name one - the United States of America. I don't believe that our government is an enemy of the people - whatever that trite phrase is supposed to mean. I think you are confusing your personal beliefs for facts. You might think that our current government is an enemy, but that does mean that everyone shares that opinion or that it is actually true.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:15 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,749,151 times
Of all the responses, only 1 country named so far.

Depending on what year one chooses, Switzerland confederation began in 1291 while the current gov has remained the same since 1848.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies