Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:27 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I feel encouraged to vote for a 3rd party candidate if Bernie Sanders loses. My reasons for staying away from Trump:

As a Black man, I find it scary that he claims to know what refugees are like, but he says "I have to do research on the Klan" when it comes to recognizing that the KKK is a terrorist group. We know the KKK is a homegrown terrorist group and their record of violence and hatred is well-documented, period.

He also retweeted a tweet regarding Black crime. What he retweeted came from a Neo-Nazi website. The information on that site sited a source that doesn't exist. It listed very fallacious "statistics". Donald Trump admitted that he "doesn't check his sources". He claims he doesn't check his sources when he retweets an anti-Black tweet, but he says "I need to do some research" when it comes to a terrorist group that went after not only Blacks, but Jews, Catholics(I'm Catholic), and anyone who wasn't considered White.

It makes me fear what he'll do to me if he gets in office. I'm not one of those "Black Power" types. I just want to be safe. I feel like Trump appeals to those who have a "keep those Blacks in line" mindset.
I understand, but I honestly think you are worrying too much. (I am not saying this to be difficult)

I am undecided, the only thing I disagree with Trump is perhaps foreign policy. Other than that, I am fine with him.

This is still the United States of America, 2016. Time has changed. We are not going to have another civil war.

add: I am not anti-muslim in any way, shape, or form. But San Bernardino Terror Attack hits a little too close to home. This type of things can happen to any of us.

Hillary wants 65,000 refugee when FBI admits there's no way to screen all the Syrian refugees the Obama administration plans to accept into the US? Look at what is happening in Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 08:40 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
If you want more murders in Chicago (242 last weekend alone), and
massive Middle Eastern immigration plus unchecked border with Mexico,
vote for Hillary or Gary Johnson. Trust me, I agree with Jill Stein on
some issues, but even she doesn't have the right approach on what
is required today, as in NOW. Now we need to do the things Donald Trump
is calling for. We need a strong leader who will safeguard us and give this
country a shot in the arm for the little guy.
You might want to look over the reasons why some blacks support Trump
before you judge him on a level he doesn't deserve, despite his flaws,
despite his personal flaws which we all have. Charles Evers, for example.

The Trump retweet was about black-on-black crime being just as serious
if not more serious of a problem than cop-on-black crime.
Crime in Chicagoland -- chicagotribune.com
Trump cares about us and wants to improve the circumstances of all Americans
especially those who have been negatively impacted. He will appoint leaders
with real programs in the black communities such as Ben Carson. The
African-American support for Trump is largely from the Christian wing.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-03-2016 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 08:47 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand, but I honestly think you are worrying too much. (I am not saying this to be difficult)

I am undecided, the only thing I disagree with Trump is perhaps foreign policy. Other than that, I am fine with him.

This is still the United States of America, 2016. Time has changed. We are not going to have another civil war.

add: I am not anti-muslim in any way, shape, or form. But San Bernardino Terror Attack hits a little too close to home. This type of things can happen to any of us.

Hillary wants 65,000 refugee when FBI admits there's no way to screen all the Syrian refugees the Obama administration plans to accept into the US? Look at what is happening in Germany.
I feel I have a reason to worry. If a man will talk wreckless, he might do wreckless. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not encouraged to vote for Trump.

It might be 2016. However, there is the possibility of history repeating itself. I also feel like Germany's situation is different from the USA.

My perspective is this. I can't help but look at it the way I do because of stuff in my personal life, and I have that "never again" mentality. Terrorist can come from anyone.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I feel I have a reason to worry. If a man will talk wreckless, he might do wreckless. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not encouraged to vote for Trump.

It might be 2016. However, there is the possibility of history repeating itself. I also feel like Germany's situation is different from the USA.

My perspective is this. I can't help but look at it the way I do because of stuff in my personal life, and I have that "never again" mentality. Terrorist can come from anyone.
At the end of the day, you need to do what feels right for you.

But like snowball said, Mr. Trump will appoint somebody like Dr. Ben Carson. He is a decent human being.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
At the end of the day, you need to do what feels right for you.

But like snowball said, Mr. Trump will appoint somebody like Dr. Ben Carson. He is a decent human being.
About Carson. I liked it better when Carson was running for office on his own. He stood on his own. Carson admitted that Trump promised him a job. To me, this showed Carson being easily bought.

In 2008, McCain was running for President. I did think about voting for him. When he chosen Palin as his running mate, this made me question some things. I thought about the controversy in Alaska regarding Palin and Blacks in Alaska. I started wondering what was going on.

As for Snowball7, I found the racially tinged comment about Chicago disgusting. The minute someone decides to make comments like that, all credibility is lost. It tells me that if they say stuff like that, they think like that. Anyone who thinks like that I have to beware of.

For me, it is a trust issue.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:21 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yes, in America and in Europe, we often have to wait until the children of the families we let in now get radicalized at their local mosques and lash out at America for the great life we have given them, like the Tsarnaev brothers.
And? Is that any different than white parents who raise a boy who goes on to commit mass murder? That is more likely to happen than a refugee family raising children that become terrorists.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
About Carson. I liked it better when Carson was running for office on his own. He stood on his own. Carson admitted that Trump promised him a job. To me, this showed Carson being easily bought.

In 2008, McCain was running for President. I did think about voting for him. When he chosen Palin as his running mate, this made me question some things. I thought a

For me, it is a trust issue
Dr. Ben Carson overcame his troubled youth in inner-city Detroit to become a neurosurgeon famous for successfully separating conjoined twins. I trust Dr. Ben Carson and nothing the media says about him can make me dislike the guy. He has miracle hands, he has a brilliant mind. I think if he supports Trump, he must have his reasons other than " a job"

Plus, Dr. ben Carson's wife seems like a nice lady.

Mccain is a war hero, he also seems like a good person. But he is a hawk, also a typical politician.

Anyway, green, I always liked your posts. I hope you get what you want. Best of luck with everything.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:49 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
And? Is that any different than white parents who raise a boy who goes on to commit mass murder? That is more likely to happen than a refugee family raising children that become terrorists.
What's with you and your love affair with muslim refugees

Old 06-04-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Dr. Ben Carson overcame his troubled youth in inner-city Detroit to become a neurosurgeon famous for successfully separating conjoined twins. I trust Dr. Ben Carson and nothing the media says about him can make me dislike the guy. He has miracle hands, he has a brilliant mind. I think if he supports Trump, he must have his reasons other than " a job"

Plus, Dr. ben Carson's wife seems like a nice lady.

Mccain is a war hero, he also seems like a good person. But he is a hawk, also a typical politician.

Anyway, green, I always liked your posts. I hope you get what you want. Best of luck with everything.
I know he overcame and became a great neurosurgeon. One reason I gained alot of admiration for him. I was hoping that he or John Kasich would win the Republican primary and Bernie Sanders the Democratic primary. I was disappointed to see Dr. Carson drop from the race, but when he sided with Trump, I thought "Why? Think about that re-tweet about Blacks. Think about is other statements about Blacks ". I found out later that Trump promised him a job if he supported him. Then I thought "Corruption. Carson just got bought off. He needs to stand on his own and not be bought like that".

And thank you. I just hope we get someone decent.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:07 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Carson saw the light. He was not bought out. He rather be involved in some fashion. His numbers were low that he couldn't win anyway.
I like Ben Carson and read his book more than 15-20 years, not recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies