Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I swear....the loudest talkers are always the biggest phonies.

Aint that the truth. And everytime I listen to Trump I wonder to myself if he even believes it that he has fooled so many gullible Americans into voting for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Lol...this is rich. His cafe was even featured on Fox News for its anti-Obama themed menu items.

I swear....the loudest talkers are always the biggest phonies.

Diner owner whose menu lampoons Obama guilty in welfare fraud case | syracuse.com
I love this. Thank you for posting it.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And? What she was advocating for would stop the subsidies, yes?

If the government was to start offering "free" lunches to everyone tomorrow this would require a tax increase you will pay. Would it be hypocritical of you to eat the "free" lunch and advocate for eliminating it so you didn't have to pay the tax?
You guys always have an out! Always.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:40 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
You guys always have an out! Always.
Is it hypocritical of you to eat the "free" lunch you are paying for?

Should you pay for your lunch out of pocket and buy the neighbors with taxes who is eating his "free" lunch?

Last edited by thecoalman; 06-04-2016 at 12:53 AM..

Old 06-04-2016, 01:19 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Is it hypocritical of you to eat the "free" lunch you are paying for?

Should you pay for your lunch out of pocket and buy the neighbors with taxes who is eating his "free" lunch?
Maybe you should not be a criminal. Just saying.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Maybe you should not be a criminal. Just saying.
Fraud is fraud, put them all in jail.

What I'm commenting on here is the notion that if I advocate for lower taxes and less government I should not take advantage of what my taxes are buying.

The post I originally replied to mentioned farm subsidies. Suppose farmer A is advocating for removing subsidies and farmer B wants them. Farmer A is expected to not take advantage of them while helping to pay for farmer B's subsidies?

Old 06-04-2016, 01:38 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Fraud is fraud, put them all in jail.

What I'm commenting on here is the notion that if I advocate for lower taxes and less government I should not take advantage of what my taxes are buying.

The post I originally replied to mentioned farm subsidies. Suppose farmer A is advocating for removing subsidies and farmer B wants them. Farmer A is expected to not take advantage of them while helping to pay for farmer B's subsidies?
What you are saying is that your ethics that something is wrong...has a price.

And what I am saying is that-this is not "taking advantage of' this is "being a criminal"

Not disparaging you by that remark either, mine also have a price. Shrug.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
If I'm farmer A I'm left with no choice, the "price" as you put it would be me going out of business because not only am I put at a severe competitive disadvantage I'm paying for the competitions handout.

Quote:
And what I am saying is that-this is not "taking advantage of' this is "being a criminal"
I'm not defending the guy that committed medicaid fraud. I've only commented on the post about farm subsidies.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:08 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:

Not disparaging you by that remark either, mine also have a price. Shrug.
No he is saying, quite frankly, that everyone bitching about taxes/subsidies/programs offered also use them to their fullest extent.

Problem: the program in question.

Resolution: doing away with all that crap, or directly, simplification (irs, department of education, dhs, agriculture, ... Pretty much all departments).

Old 06-04-2016, 07:15 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
The program is not the issue, it is that people try to get their share without the need.

See it all the time through all income levels. Don the Nut is a perfect example, which is why he will never show his tax returns.

People do not want to pay for stuff they believe they do not need, but over time they need all this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies