Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post

So, like, what is your problem?
What more do you want from your president?
We could start with honesty. Obama is a proven liar, the only reason more guns were sold while he has been president is there are more people in the US and people know the democrats want to ban guns. The only reason they haven't is because they lack the votes, not because they don't want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 07:17 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
Hopefully some day there will be no DemocRatic Party...

Old 06-04-2016, 07:22 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Where do you get this somewhat deranged character BS. The man made good sense in everything he said.
Was it coherent yes, did it actually make sense, no.

People arguing that Chicago is the test case for gun laws tend to have blinders on.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
We could start with honesty. Obama is a proven liar, the only reason more guns were sold while he has been president is there are more people in the US and people know the democrats want to ban guns. The only reason they haven't is because they lack the votes, not because they don't want to.
Starting with honesty, you would know that the number of people doesnt matter as the number of households with guns in them is shrinking. Individuals who already own guns are the ones who are buying them, not knew people.

And President Obama wasnt arguing that he encouraged gun sales, only that he did not hinder them or try gun confiscation, which is what was asked within the question.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
First Obama never would want to admit he is against the 2nd Amendment though he has said in the past that no one should own a gun.

Second, because this is known is why gun sales have been up during his tenure just as it would be under Hillary Clinton.

The bold is a quote that no one has ever proven he said. supposedly he said it in 1996 with only one person in the room.

Quote:
He is trying to turn a criticism of himself into securing points.................sad.

He is proving that your argument is false. You have no actual rebuttal, so you just call him sad.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:38 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Starting with honesty, you would know that the number of people doesnt matter as the number of households with guns in them is shrinking. Individuals who already own guns are the ones who are buying them, not knew people.

And President Obama wasnt arguing that he encouraged gun sales, only that he did not hinder them or try gun confiscation, which is what was asked within the question.
The man said nothing about confiscation in his question.

Obama used straw man arguments in his response, which is typical of gun control advocates.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:42 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
During President Obama's 2008 campaign I asked him about gun control and he said, near as I can remember, "we don't want to take your guns..". He has not tried to take any guns away from anyone except criminals and crazies. He has kept his word in my opinion.

I do not support firearm based gun control. I would repeal the 1934 Firearms Act that made some weapons illegal and others very expensive to purchase. I do not believe the guns are the problem. I believe the people that misuse firearms are the problem. The recent killings involved either or both criminals and crazies. The religious fool that shot up a bunch of unarmed people in a Church was beyond nuts. He should have never been allowed to get anywhere near a weapon. The little creep that shot up the school at Sandy Hook should have been in a state asylum instead of wandering around lose. The gang bangers that shoot each other, and unfortunately, bystanders, in their lawless businesses need to be stopped. The best way to do that is arm the bystanders or make the businesses legal. Policemen that dump 16 rounds of 9mm into an unarmed man need to go to jail for being that stupid or frightened.

I strongly favor investigating, by using background checks to start, the mental fitness and potential records of violent crimes, of prospective gun owners. I also figure anyone that can be trusted to own a gun can be trusted to carry one anywhere they have a legal right to be. That includes businesses and public building and gatherings.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:51 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,988,985 times
A 9 mm is a cap gun compared to a .45 or a SW MP40 that my C&C permit camping neighbor has ... you don't need to unload a full clip to put them down one shot will do it.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:40 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
A 9 mm is a cap gun compared to a .45 or a SW MP40 that my C&C permit camping neighbor has ... you don't need to unload a full clip to put them down one shot will do it.

If a person has to unload a whole magazine with a 9mm to put a person down they seriously need some time on the range because they just can't handle a firearm.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:28 AM

23,440 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I'm very confused by your post. Obama listened to the somewhat deranged character and was polite to him. Obama then refuted the notion that Dems are trying to repeal the 2nd amendment and even stated that more guns were sold under his admin that under the previous president.

So, like, what is your problem? What more do you want from your president?
If you like your guns you can keep your guns, PERIOD!

what don't the obama opponents understand???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies