Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 04:41 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times

Advertisements

I can't speak to this particular situation, but if a girl gets so drunk she can't remember what she did, she is partially to blame for what happens to her. In my opinion, girls have no excuse for being black out drunk and blaming everyone else for what happens!

That being said, the man who was convicted for being a sexual predator has NO sympathy from me at all! He will pay for his actions for the rest of his life. His father's deplorable public excuses for his son's behavior were despicable.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-06-2016 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 04:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its not about my narrative (what?), but about what actually happened. What happened with the Duke Lacrosse players has nothing to do with this Stanford swimmer.
Either you're just interested in starting an argument over what I wrote to another poster I happen to be on good terms with, or Monday is your night to play Barney Fife on c-d.

Either way, I'm done. Go try moderating someone else.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I can't speak to this particular situation, but if a girl gets so drunk she can't remember what she did, she is partially to blame for what happens to her. In my opinion, girls have no excuse for being drunk and blaming everyone else for what happens!

That being said, the man who was convicted for being a sexual predator has NO sympathy from me at all! He will pay for his actions for the rest of his life. His father's deplorable public excuses for his son's behavior were despicable.

No no no no no no no. Girls shouldn't be getting that drunk because they need to protect themselves from guys like this, but nobody has the right to do that to anyone simply because the person is drunk.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
1.lack of criminal history warranted him a much shorter sentence.

2.had a blood-alcohol level three times the legal limit at the time of the rape

These two factors should lower the length of his incarceration not prevent it imo. That said the length of incarceration for rape is too low.
You gotta be kidding me.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:21 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
F this guy and his father who has a scumbsg of a son. And F the stupid judge, we have another Ethan Couch scumbag who thinks they can victimize as they please. What a coward, star swimmer who has to force himself on an unconcious woman. A coward.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
I can't speak to this particular situation, but if a girl gets so drunk she can't remember what she did, she is partially to blame for what happens to her. In my opinion, girls have no excuse for being black out drunk and blaming everyone else for what happens!

But if she's black out drunk she isn't doing anything. Someone else is doing the raping, and that person is 100% responsible. The end.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
But if she's black out drunk she isn't doing anything. Someone else is doing the raping, and that person is 100% responsible. The end.

As an adult female, I am responsible for my decision to get black out drunk and suffer the consequences of that decision. I disagree with you.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-06-2016 at 07:10 PM..

Old 06-06-2016, 07:10 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times
Quote:
As an adult female, I am 100% responsible for my behavior for being black out drunk. I 100% disagree with you.
Yep you're 100% responsible for being drunk to the point of unconsciousness. Your completely not responsible for any acts committed to you while unconscious. Getting drunk does not give someone license to have sex with you without your consent, or act in any way that is unlawful towards you.

I'm an adult male too.

I mean the whole scenario is just completely surreal, someone passed out behind a dumpster is found, and the person finding them decided to have sex with them, under what possible circumstances is that remotely normal in any way? If you find someone somewhere passed out, normally I'd make sure they weren't dead, and weren't in imminent danger of becoming dead, and unless I was 100% positive it wasn't dangerous would probably call an ambulance, about the last thing on my mind would be "getting some action". Not only is it a gross violation of someones person, it's also reckless in the extreme.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:13 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
As an adult female, I am responsible for my decision to get black out drunk and suffer the consequences of that decision. I disagree with you.
It's nice that the men in your life aren't responsible for their actions.

Nice for the men, that is.

You are willing to make a decision not to get drunk.

Why shouldn't men be able to make a decision not to rape?

Getting drunk is legal.

Raping someone is illegal.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Yep you're 100% responsible for being drunk to the point of unconsciousness. Your completely not responsible for any acts committed to you while unconscious. Getting drunk does not give someone license to have sex with you without your consent, or act in any way that is unlawful towards you. [snip]
I wish people were nice, honorable, caring....like you and me. They aren't. If a female is passed out drunk she is partly responsible for being assaulted, in my opinion.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-06-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies