Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 04:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If Brock had a couple more drinks and passed out, either staggering behind a dumpster and blacking out or being dragged there, and woke up pantless and anally violated (maybe with a dirty stick since that's assault and not real rape) by a frat brother, does anyone here honestly believe that the conversation would be, "Well what did he expect, drinking so much? You know how boys are. Are we sure he said no? I mean sure, he was unconscious, but before that it's really a gray area, right? Of course it's terrible, but he really is partially responsible for what happened." Would Brock's father think six months in jail (and serving only three) was just? It was only a few minutes of action after all, and that frat brother has such a promising future.

Yeah I'd be curious to hear how some of the "well if she had just xyz....." crowd would respond to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 05:27 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Turner has gotten booted out of Stanford, he's now a sex offender for life, his reputation ruined for life, and for someone of his background and upbringing, six months in jail will have much greater effect on him than throwing someone from an inner city into the slammer for six months. And again, it costs the taxpayers money to lock people up. California spends $62300 per inmate annually for jail time. Turner will be costing California taxpayers $31,150 for the six months he is locked up. Add to that the legal expenses for the trial.

California Spends $62,300 to Keep Inmate in Jail Per Year, $9,200 to Educate Child in K-12 School

And I suspect that some of you haters would like Turner to spend years in prison, getting raped by other inmates just to satisfy your need for an eye for an eye type of blood justice. When instead, you should be making sure that you are teaching your sons to always show respect to women, no matter what the situation, that "no means no". And to teach your daughters to not put themselves at risk in ANY situation. Never trust that a man's intentions are in her best interests. These days, everyone says that they welcome diversity, but it does come at a cost to the women in our society. I do see that many people seem to be unaware that with all the different cultures in America, we have the intermingling of groups with different degrees of moralities in their lifestyle. I see at my job, that those from south of the border like to be very flirty and sexy, the men are especially macho. One young woman got a ride after work to her boyfriend's house and the driver still tried to plant a kiss on her lips! But the Asians at work are more reserved in their behaviour and want none of that sort of interaction. So again, teach your children to be considerate of others, that it's not one lifestyle fits all in America.

What happened at Stanford University was totally within the Caucasian American culture .

So diversity wasn't going to have anything to do with Latino and Asian Culture pulling AS Culture
down and making it weaker.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:58 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
What happened at Stanford University was totally within the Caucasian American culture.
Huh? Are you asserting sexual assault of females by males is a white culture phenomenon?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-08-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 06:09 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Classic epic fail a drunk that kills another drunk in a drunken brawl didn't have the intent (intent) is the key word .
We were discussing the victim, and the degree to which drunkenness effects how innocent they are perceived to be, not the perpetrator.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

This snark contributes nothing toward solving the problem. Its only purpose is to instil a suitably anti-male attitude in new feminist recruits.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Listen I wasn't trying to get on your case.

I am a male who doesn't drink alcohol but yet earlier in my life was raped by a female , and as a male so called victim had a polar opposite experience as a female would have being raped.

I as a male (I) had some of the best sex of my life , yet I was technically raped by a woman.
Eh... OK...

Old 06-08-2016, 06:31 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This snark contributes nothing toward solving the problem. Its only purpose is to instil a suitably anti-male attitude in new feminist recruits.
Indeed. That seems to be the central mission of contemporary tertiary education.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I agree with you and hopefully my comments have not been construed as deserving your noted proper objection, but how do we reconcile the responsibility and/or irresponsibility that goes with drinking?

Not sure that "we've all partied like rock stars" in the same way, for example, taken the same risks, exercised the same good and/or bad judgement while partying so. To what extent are we responsible (or not) for our actions when it comes to how we party?

A matter of consideration in any case, right? Not to suggest a drunk women is "asking for it" when it comes to a crime like this, for example, but was this woman entirely without fault as related to reckless and/or unsafe behavior?

"Party like a rock star," and exercise similar bad judgement by getting behind the wheel, thinking you can make it home no problem, just like maybe this woman did. Wrong. A drunk driver doesn't have any sort of similar "we've all partied like a rock star" defense.

When/where does our responsibility begin and end in these regards? Not sure, and maybe I'm just playing lawyer here a bit too far, but interesting questions in my opinion in any case, whether from a legal standpoint and/or simply from the standpoint of public opinion....
In the case of this sexual assault crime, yes.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:44 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
There is only one person responsible in a rape.

The rapist.

This list makes that clear and helps by giving specifics.

Something you rape apologists have failed to do.

You think that list is anti-male?
So anti-rape is anti-male?

Holy crap...who knew?

Old 06-08-2016, 06:51 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Just curious, if a man gets drunk and is raped is it his fault?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies