Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
I think you are underestimating Russian military power. Consider these articles below. An example of Russian ability to respond to an American attack:

How Russia is preparing for WWIII - The Unz Review

Washington Military Planners Have Gone Mad | New Eastern Outlook

The United States and its allies continues to provoke Russia, while the American public remains largely oblivious to that fact. That's where the need for such a dark message comes from.
i see the disconnect here, you are talking about a nuclear war, where as i am talking about a conventional war. in the nuclear arena we are evenly matched. but winning a conventional war means putting boots on the ground, and while russia can do that initially, they dont have the capability to maintain long supply lines for an invasion of the US proper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 09:08 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Reintegrating Crimea was a response to a US-backed coup in the Ukraine, which put a profoundly anti-ethnic-Russian regime into power. Here, Victoria Nuland (wife to Zionist neoconservative promoter of endless war, Robert Kagan) and Geoffrey Pyatt deciding who should lead the new Ukrainian government (before the coup occurred), demonstrating their great commitment to democracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIvRljAaNgg

There is extensive footage of the closing days of the Maidan, during which pro-Maidan lit police on fire with molotov cocktails, and engaged in other violence, while western leaders piously talked about democracy and called for restraint on the part of Yanukovych. I wonder if Obama would consider it a legitimate democratic expression of dissatisfaction if crowds massed on Washington, DC and set Capitol police on fire with molotov cocktails. Yanukovych's number one crime, initially, was apparently that he didn't keep a campaign promise. Are violent coups now a legitimate means of responding to an unkept campaign promise? If so, I think our elected officials in the United States might have something to worry about.

The Maidan snipers which were seized upon at the time (by western governments and subservient media) as an excuse for why Yanukovych had to be ousted, have been analyzed in detail, and it's now quite clear that the snipers were firing from positions held by the pro-Maidan/anti-Yanukovych forces themselves. This is one indication of many of the type of regime that was brought to power by the blessings of the US and NATO.

The

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9NPPtYScY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_YkdGbWqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ary_l4vn5ZA

Anti-Maidan demonstrators from Crimea were violently attacked by Ukrainian ultra-nationalist while on their way back to Ukraine (some time after or close to the violent climax of the Maidan).

This is a Russian state produced documentary on Crimea, but I recommend waching it nevertheless. If you aren't careful, you might learn something. One of the most striking things is that Russia retook Crimea in such a bloodless and skillful matter. Based on NATO's record, had it been NATO, they would have probably bombed the civilian infrastructure as a matter of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t42-71RpRgI

The Syrian "civil war" has primarily been fed by outside forces, including ISIS and groups allied with Al Qaeda, sponsored by US allies, and ultimately western-backed. Russia is allied with Syria and has every right to intervene in defense of the elected government there at its invitation. While Assad and Hezbollah defend Christians and other religious minorities in Syria, the west roots for takfiri and exremist Kurdish groups which engage in ethnic cleansing, decapitation, and other atrocities. Some members of the supposedly moderate FSA have also done similar things. Just in the past few days ABC (!) published this story:

US Asks Russia to Not Hit Nusra Front in Syria, Moscow Says - ABC News

I'm not going to comment on Chechnya since I was not paying much attention to Russian issues at the time and still need to do some investigating, except to say that in Chechnya, which was a part of Russia at that point, Russia was fighting the same sort of Wahhabi extremists the US pretends to oppose.

Within the great western tradition, we have Socrates, who in at least one dialogue concludes that the worst thing that can happen is to commit unjustice and go unpunished.

We have Jesus with his saying about taking the log out of one's own eye before worrying about the specific in your brother's eye.

I am no longer a Christian but I never quite understand why that spirit so rarely extends to national self-examination, especially on the part of Christian conservatives.

I think a real patriot should care about restraining its government from doing evil around the world.

Can America simply do no wrong, by definition?

While I certainly don't agree with him on everything (I am too the left economically), that's something Ron Paul seems to get.

This is not fundamentally a left-right issue. Many on the real left (the one not obsessing over "female penises") recognize that the US has been the aggressor (via proxies) in both the Ukraine and Syria.
Thank you, sir, for the great post! It's not just so truthful but also shows your soberness and awareness on what's goin' on for real.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:14 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i see the disconnect here, you are talking about a nuclear war, where as i am talking about a conventional war. in the nuclear arena we are evenly matched. but winning a conventional war means putting boots on the ground, and while russia can do that initially, they dont have the capability to maintain long supply lines for an invasion of the US proper.
Agreed. Too; Russia has less than half the pop of the US and it's dropping every year.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
I am no longer a Christian but I never quite understand why that spirit so rarely extends to national self-examination, especially on the part of Christian conservatives.

I think a real patriot should care about restraining its government from doing evil around the world.

Can America simply do no wrong, by definition?
I don't know why you're "no longer a Christian", but I will tell you that Christians
do not control the United States anymore. In America, the largest body of Christians
is not Catholic or Orthodox, but the Protestant denominations. The largest political
element within the Protestant denominations is the self-styled Evangelicals.
This group underwent changes in the latter decades of the 20th century.
Televangelists rose and fell, but the most influential shift was towards Christian
Zionism, based on not America, but that Israel can do no wrong. The Israeli Lobby
and their action groups promoted and funded Evangelicals to push the Jewish
agenda. Reagan was the last Republican not to be influenced by the Neoconservatives,
who were and are Jews, and those controlled by Jews. Without making this post
too time-consuming, I would point you in the direction of the works of the late
Michael Collins Piper. He's surely not alone in raising this issue to awareness.
It should also be noted that the Catholic Church was against American foreign policies,
for example, the Vatican was the last country to abandon its embassy in Iraq,
when Iraq had been under American attack for decades. The Vatican was outspokenly
against the war and did not abandon its embassy until Baghdad was shelled by the US.
You also did not see the Greek Orthodox or other churches rally to the cry of the
necons for American military adventurism.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:00 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Currently Russia is developing a stealth heavy transport plane and have the largest transport planes ever built they fly into Rickenbacker airport in Columbus Ohio.The Russians are developing their armed forces to be capable to deploy anywhere in the world in short notice and don't forget the Chinese in the Pacific building their forces.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Currently Russia is developing a stealth heavy transport plane and have the largest transport planes ever built they fly into Rickenbacker airport in Columbus Ohio.The Russians are developing their armed forces to be capable to deploy anywhere in the world in short notice and don't forget the Chinese in the Pacific building their forces.
key words are developing, and building. they dont yet have the capability the US has now. of course that does not mean that the US would have an easy go if we were to invade china or russia, but we would be able to supply our troops, and maintain long supply lines, since have developed that capability since world war one, and continually upgraded that capability over the decades since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies