Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 05:14 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Over 4 years of hearings is stonewalling, they even have the Pentagon investigating callers to talk shows.

A shame, all of that time should be spent on HR Clinton and the Obama Administration.
Even when they found out about Hilary's secret Email they still had to drag it out of her......and still didn't get it all without further effort.

Kind of like the Whitewater billing records they had all along and got waaaaaay after they were subpoenaed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
A shame, all of that time should be spent on HR Clinton and the Obama Administration.
Even when they found out about Hilary's secret Email they still had to drag it out of her......and still didn't get it all without further effort.

Kind of like the Whitewater billing records they had all along and got waaaaaay after they were subpoenaed.
The Clintons are one of the most investigated families of all time, and nothing.

Must be some really incompetent investigators and committees.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:44 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Over 4 years of hearings is stonewalling, they even have the Pentagon investigating callers to talk shows.

It isn't the Benghazi committee that is stonewalling... it's the State Dept that is stonewalling. You have it exactly backwards (which is normal for you).

When the investigators ask for information the State Dept slow walks the request, taking forever to get the info to congress. This could have been wrapped up 2 years ago if they would simply satisfy requests in a timely manner.

You think the State Dept might have something to hide?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
The Clintons are one of the most investigated families of all time, and nothing.

I know! It's so "nothing" that the FBI has found thousands of classified emails on her private server and they aren't done yet.

Yep... nothing. Zilch.

.. Except for a serious FBI investigation into improperly handled classified data. Except for that.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Listen..., I have absolutely no tolerance for serious abuse or disrespect for the public trust we put in our elected and/or appointed officials. Took me forever to get over my distaste for what Nixon did, for example, Bush with those WMD in Iraq, even Bill Clinton about Lewinsky (although there's another question about intent that I think tends to matter, more or less anyway)...

Either way, I have no problem dealing with the truths of these matters and above all else I want to know the truths of these matters just as most reasonable Americans should, whether I'm happy about the truth or not.

My opinion or judgement about all this has nothing to do with my ability to "deal" with the truth. I have read a good deal about all this, including the testimony as to what happened and why, and I'm just not as quick to claim all are "lies" and "criminal acts" and want to "destroy America" the way you and so many others are so quick to do.

Your previous post, for example, does point to a change of how Hillary described the event just as she addressed during testimony about what she told her daughter vs the country, etc.

If you or anyone wants to point at these different versions as proof positive Hillary intended to deceive the American public for reasons unknown, then no one can stop you, but with "straight face" and a bit more reasoned consideration, I can't feel the same way.

In the end, perhaps best we agree that whatever comes out after all the testimony and investigation is what proof positive actually gets proven as to what "criminal activity" and/or "lies" Hillary told the American public, and she either becomes POTUS or maybe ends up behind bars accordingly. We shall see...

In the meantime, I asked for the top three "lies" we can justifiably pin on Hillary, and again if this is "all you've got," then I for one have less to concern myself with about Hillary as "liar intent to ruin America" than you and too many others always want to misrepresent and blow entirely out of proportion.

For obvious reasons, I get it, but really? Hillary just "lies, lies, lies" regardless of motives? That's simply not reasonable or rationale...

Actually, you do. You go out of your way to make excuses for her.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I know! It's so "nothing" that the FBI has found thousands of classified emails on her private server and they aren't done yet.

Yep... nothing. Zilch.

.. Except for a serious FBI investigation into improperly handled classified data. Except for that.
Sop after 4 years they found classified emails on her private server, glad this wasn't a complete waste of time.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Sop after 4 years they found classified emails on her private server, glad this wasn't a complete waste of time.
You do know, don't you, that some of that email info was SCI classified, right? That is a classification level well above Top Secret and is critical to our national security. You knew that, right?

And you also knew that this was found on an UNSECURE server. You know that, right?

Or are you always this dismissive of major security breaches committed by top officials?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
You do know, don't you, that some of that email info was SCI classified, right? That is a classification level well above Top Secret and is critical to our national security. You knew that, right?

And you also knew that this was found on an UNSECURE server. You know that, right?

Or are you always this dismissive of major security breaches committed by top officials?
Yes, so that is all we have to show for 7 hearings over 4 years and countless interviews and documents.
All the prior investigations like Watergate, 9/11, JFK were closed in far less time but after 4 years that's it. I thought the focus of Behnghazi was the attack on the outpost, surely it took a different turn.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:52 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Seems you are from the conservative anti-Obama crowd that has been complaining about this "ruin" for as long as I can remember, and of course you are the only ones not from outer space, right?
No. I do not live in outer space.
I live in a country where labor participation rate is at a multi decade low, food stamp recipients are up 40%, and where virtually no one can afford to pay for their own health care..

Old 06-06-2016, 10:53 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:

He was impeached. Stayed in office by one vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies