Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 12:22 PM

29,335 posts, read 9,523,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Simple Definition of treason

• : the crime of trying to overthrow your country's government or of helping your country's enemies during war

Having a PRIVATE server, NOT under control of the government control, with CLASSIFIED information on it, as been STATED, CERTAINLY could HELP THE ENEMY if it is hacked
trea·son
ˈtrēzən/Submit
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
"they were convicted of treason"
synonyms: treachery, disloyalty, betrayal, faithlessness; More
antonyms: allegiance, loyalty
the action of betraying someone or something.
plural noun: treasons
"doubt is the ultimate treason against faith"
synonyms: treachery, disloyalty, betrayal, faithlessness; More
historical
the crime of murdering someone to whom the murderer owed allegiance, such as a master or husband.
noun: petty treason; plural noun: petty treasons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I will take my chances.

Can't be any worse than `ol Hope & Change.
Because now, we have no hope and the change we got, has a war on our soil killing our people, and got us on the doorstep of total revolt.
You mean Obama brought us terrorism? Do tell...

How many acts of terrorism has Obama brought us as compared to the body count of 9/11 alone?

Or was Obama responsible for that one too?

I sure wish there were fewer people around who "think" like you do, because that's just not right in the head...

Old 07-02-2016, 02:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
All these comments about either party putting themselves before country and/or willing to let Americans die in order to further their agenda are simply ridiculous at best, an insult to our country as well. I mean, I know we have little-to-no trust in our electoral process and those who rise to become our elected representatives, but look any of these people in the eye and honestly tell them they lied and schemed in order to further themselves regardless the lives of fellow Americans. I too have my criticisms, but these sorts of claims are grounds for treason, life in prison.
How did they look the families of Benghazi victims in the eye -- and tell them -- that it was the video that was responsible?

They did that, you know. They pronounced it all over the networks, Obama repeated it several weeks later, and they looked the families in the eye and lied.

Stop defending incompetence and partisanship employed by our practiced, seasoned politicians
for personal gain.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:18 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,822,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
How did they look the families of Benghazi victims in the eye -- and tell them -- that it was the video that was responsible?

They did that, you know. They pronounced it all over the networks, Obama repeated it several weeks later, and they looked the families in the eye and lied.

Stop defending incompetence and partisanship employed by our practiced, seasoned politicians
for personal gain.
What were the intelligence services saying about the attack for a couple of weeks. It could have something to do with what the Obama Administration was saying about the attack.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

for personal gain.
Yes, as WilliamSmyth also explains (I think), your judgement is suspect if you really think Obama "looked the families in the eye" and purposely lied about the video as some sort of CYA. The evidence points to a far more likely case of Obama acting in accordance with what information was being provided him by intelligence sources, and under some pressure to do so quickly for the families. To argue as you do is essentially to argue that Obama is a fool, and I know conservatives are not fans of Obama, but one thing for certain is that Obama is no fool. Nor is Hillary...

Above all else, I might add, the accusation that they would put their own agenda above country and/or with disregard for the lives of these Americans, any Americans, is simply beyond any reasonable partisan rhetoric. Utter nonsense is what it is.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:13 AM

21,395 posts, read 10,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes, as WilliamSmyth also explains (I think), your judgement is suspect if you really think Obama "looked the families in the eye" and purposely lied about the video as some sort of CYA. The evidence points to a far more likely case of Obama acting in accordance with what information was being provided him by intelligence sources, and under some pressure to do so quickly for the families. To argue as you do is essentially to argue that Obama is a fool, and I know conservatives are not fans of Obama, but one thing for certain is that Obama is no fool. Nor is Hillary...

Above all else, I might add, the accusation that they would put their own agenda above country and/or with disregard for the lives of these Americans, any Americans, is simply beyond any reasonable partisan rhetoric. Utter nonsense is what it is.
If you didn't have your blinders on you would know that while Hillary was telling the families they were going to get the guy who made that video, and telling the world it was a spontaneous attack that grew out of protests in the same vein as the other embassy protests, she was writing emails to her family and friends that it was a terror attack by an al Qaeda like group. It's in the emails finally produced.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If you didn't have your blinders on you would know that while Hillary was telling the families they were going to get the guy who made that video, and telling the world it was a spontaneous attack that grew out of protests in the same vein as the other embassy protests, she was writing emails to her family and friends that it was a terror attack by an al Qaeda like group. It's in the emails finally produced.
Speaking of Blinders.

What changed between when Hillary was communicating with people on Tuesday and when Hillary spoke to the families on Friday?

The answer is the Intelligence services released their flawed assessment of the spontaneous protest and attack in Benghazi inspired by the attack, over the video, on the US embassy in Cairo.

So of course the narrative changed during the week, as it would change again, within 2 weeks, when the intelligence community changed their assessment and dropped the language about a protest in Benghazi.

The author of the Gowdy report again acknowledged that the intelligence community had created flawed assessment. The author of the report seems more upset that the Obama Administration used the flawed assessment then the fact that the assessment was flawed in the first place.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:58 AM

21,395 posts, read 10,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Speaking of Blinders.

What changed between when Hillary was communicating with people on Tuesday and when Hillary spoke to the families on Friday?

The answer is the Intelligence services released their flawed assessment of the spontaneous protest and attack in Benghazi inspired by the attack, over the video, on the US embassy in Cairo.

So of course the narrative changed during the week, as it would change again, within 2 weeks, when the intelligence community changed their assessment and dropped the language about a protest in Benghazi.

The author of the Gowdy report again acknowledged that the intelligence community had created flawed assessment. The author of the report seems more upset that the Obama Administration used the flawed assessment then the fact that the assessment was flawed in the first place.
They knew from the moment it happened who was doing it. Just because the intelligence community fell in line and blamed it on a video does not mean anyone actually thought that. Call me cynical, but I do not believe Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama at all. When I watched Susan Rice on tv blaming this whole thing on a spontaneous attack caused by a disgusting video, even I could tell she was lying. It was obvious. And the emails confirm that our intelligence wasn't fooled by that either.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:05 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,720,000 times
How about we 'stand down' on the Benghazi threads. The 800 page report is easily accessible on the net.

Poor planning, poor decisions, poor response, and an initial putrid explanation: CIA, state, and dod are all culpable.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They knew from the moment it happened who was doing it. Just because the intelligence community fell in line and blamed it on a video does not mean anyone actually thought that. Call me cynical, but I do not believe Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama at all. When I watched Susan Rice on tv blaming this whole thing on a spontaneous attack caused by a disgusting video, even I could tell she was lying. It was obvious. And the emails confirm that our intelligence wasn't fooled by that either.
If they weren't fooled then why did the intelligence community claim it was spontaneous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies