Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 10:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You can't say that because never, ever has any other embassy attack been investigated to this degree. Who knows what went on behind the scenes of every other attack? There was no rabid political party intent on investigating each one down to the last period on the talking points in any other attack, so what was or was not requested, what funding Congress cut leading up to it, etc., will forever be shrouded in time. And you don't care one whit about any of those other attacks because there is no political hay to make there for your party.

That is the one and only difference between this tragic event and ever other one that came before it. Intelligent people understand that. And that's why Benghazi as a "scandal" has been such a bust for Republicans.
My party ? As usual, a Clinton right-or-wronger wants anyone who thinks she was responsible for Benghazi to be an R or Trump supporter. The fact is, you can't draw valid comparisons between Benghazi and the other attacks.

The other attacks did have investigations. They were quicker because nobody blamed them on a video to begin with; there wasn't mass stonewalling; thousands of emails didn't go missing; the attacks weren't against missions that had an unknown purpose; the CIA wasn't called into question as much; and other reasons.

Sure, politics are involved. If you think politics were absent from Beirut, Kenya, Tanzania, you have a faulty memory or are too young to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 10:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Darn right I'll use qualifiers when you compare Benghazi to attacks that were not like Benghazi. I'll figure you can't find another case where an attacked facility's repeated requests for more security were rejected and ignored...

Have any other "temporary" Dept of State facilities been attacked? I'm Googling but coming up empty.

If you read the reports, the status of the Benghazi compound as a "temporary" outpost was at the center of it being denied more security or being required to have a higher security posture.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:01 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
My party ? As usual, a Clinton right-or-wronger wants anyone who thinks she was responsible for Benghazi to be an R or Trump supporter. The fact is, you can't draw valid comparisons between Benghazi and the other attacks.

The other attacks did have investigations. They were quicker because nobody blamed them on a video to begin with; there wasn't mass stonewalling; thousands of emails didn't go missing; the attacks weren't against missions that had an unknown purpose; the CIA wasn't called into question as much; and other reasons.

Sure, politics are involved. If you think politics were absent from Beirut, Kenya, Tanzania, you have a faulty memory or are too young to remember.
Those attacks mentioned don't even remotely compare to any of those mentioned as far as the scrutiny, they admitted their failures and moved on. This investigation of 4 killed at an outpost in a nation that was in the middle of a civil war has now exceeded any prior even including 9/11.

Still the eternal discussion about the video, it's what came before and also after that actually caused the deaths. The Benghazi committees, intelligence committees had access to all the classified information, yet there will always be another claim for a new investigation, it won't ever end in the minds of some.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:02 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Have any other "temporary" Dept of State facilities been attacked? I'm Googling but coming up empty.

If you read the reports, the status of the Benghazi compound as a "temporary" outpost was at the center of it being denied more security or being required to have a higher security posture.
You're really going to need to thread the needle on that one, good luck.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:13 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You don't get to tell me I need to be "spoon-fed common logic and deductive reasoning" and then complain about personal attacks, my friend.

Mr Cummings is that you?
You did ask what specifically you were missing

Referring to someone as an obscene body part is crossing the line, it was respectful on both sides before and after with exception to that reference.

It goes without saying you ignored the meat of the post, guess you have to when its time to backpedal?

If a document is stamped classified and to declassify in 25 years but, at the same time is available for public view with an unclassified line. Is it or is it not classified?

The Obama admin shielded Emailary from prison, despite clear acts of treason.
This is the same admin that had Lois Lerner take the fall for another issue gone wrong.

Last edited by tripleh; 08-02-2016 at 07:22 AM..

Old 08-02-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Mr Cummings is that you?
You did ask what specifically you were missing

Referring to someone as an obscene body part is crossing the line, it was respectful on both sides before and after with exception to that reference.

An ass is a donkey. We'll agree to disagree that your post was "respectful".

Quote:
It goes without saying you ignored the meat of the post, guess you have to when its time to backpedal?

I didn't ignore anything and I'm certainly not backpedaling. I addressed what I meant to address.

Quote:
If a document is stamped classified and to declassify in 25 years but, at the same time is available for public view with an unclassified line. Is it or is it not classified?

You would need to ask the classifying authority about that one, but it is safe to assume that if it is available on an unclassified website, it is, in fact, not classified, despite how it's marked.

Quote:
The Obama admin shielded Emailary from prison, despite clear acts of treason.
This is the same admin that had Lois Lerner take the fall for another issue gone wrong.

So, in addition to not understanding how classified documents are/should be handled, you also don't know what "treason" means? Noted.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You're really going to need to thread the needle on that one, good luck.

Yes, I know. However, we agree that the Benghazi compound's status as "temporary" was at the center of the decision to NOT increase security, yes?

Old 08-02-2016, 08:12 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Yes, Kevin Mc Carthy so eager to kiss up to Hannity. Blew it. He uncovered the whole reason for the hearings and wasting taxpayers money. It's ok when Republicans waste money though. It was shameful for Republicans none the less.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Those attacks mentioned don't even remotely compare to any of those mentioned as far as the scrutiny, they admitted their failures and moved on. This investigation of 4 killed at an outpost in a nation that was in the middle of a civil war has now exceeded any prior even including 9/11.

Still the eternal discussion about the video, it's what came before and also after that actually caused the deaths. The Benghazi committees, intelligence committees had access to all the classified information, yet there will always be another claim for a new investigation, it won't ever end in the minds of some.
You refuse to understand why blaming the video lengthened the investigations. The prior attacks were immediately recognized as terrorist attacks. This one wasn't, at least not publicly. Whether the wrong initial information was the CIA's fault or not, the mistake was worth investigating. That in turn led to Clinton's private emails, including ones blaming Benghazi on terrorists.

Plus, what failures did Clinton/Obama admit to. Quite the contrary, we found out just how concerned the WH was in distancing Benghazi from policy failures.

You've been right about one thing. This won't hurt her chances of being prez, and really, isn't that the most important thing to you.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:48 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Its okay for Reagan to illegally sell arms to the Iranians, who would always remain our ally, and to allow over 200 marines to be killed in a bombing. But.... This Benghazi thing is a big deal....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies