Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 05:19 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
How do you think racism will end if it is constantly talked about? Every time you turn around, someone is screaming that's racist. People walk around on pins and needles in hopes of not offending someone by anything they say.
But how does this end racism?

They hypocrisy of your posts is amazing. So you want Michelle Obama to watch what she says but it's okay for other people to say anything. Please make up your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 09:26 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Did Michelle say she was uncomfortable about living in the White House because it was built by slaves? I must have missed that in the speech. It seems to me she was making the same point you made in your post that "times have changed for the better in this country."
She implied it by making the statement the WH was built by slaves. I understood her comment.

Michelle Obama never misses an opportunity to denigrate America during her reign, by word or deed. I also think she is the most embarrassing and unfortunate First Lady in my lifetime.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-08-2016 at 10:44 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 09:36 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
She implied it by making the statement the WH was built by slaves. I understood her comment.

Michelle Obama never misses an opportunity to denigrate America during her reign, by action and deed. I also think she is the most embarrassing and unfortunate First Lady in my lifetime.

She also wakes up everyday being in the party that supported the institution of slavery.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:48 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
She also wakes up everyday being in the party that supported the institution of slavery.
Michelle wakes up every day married to the man in the White House. The most powerful couple in the world.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 06-08-2016 at 10:15 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 10:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
All this is really weird.

It was a happy message. A joyous message. A message of what a wonderful place this is...

And some of you find hate?

Self generated I would suggest.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
I suppose we should demolish DC, and let illegal crews rebuild it.

In another 100 years or so, we'll have a Mexican American 1st lady saying it was built on the backs of Mexicans.

Rinse, Repeat

Why are we still talking about slavery when the freakin President of the US is black? There's nothing else which proves equality is alive and well.

She should simply GET OVER IT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Michelle wakes up every day married to the man in the White House. The most powerful couple in the world.
EXACTLY!

She is about as close to slavery as the Earth to Pluto.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-08-2016 at 10:36 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 11:18 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The slaves were not pushed in the gas chambers like more than 6 million Jews and amongst them a lot of my family members who would have loved to live and perform some labor to stay alive!
No, they just died in droves coming over here on the months-long journey chained together in slave ships with little food or water and no sanitation. Then when they got here they were forced to work or got beaten and the women were often raped. Some were beaten to death.

That's so much better!

Old 06-08-2016, 11:47 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yeah a complete bimbo who happens to speak English, French, German , Italian ,Slovene and Serbo-Croation.
To bad she doesn't speak American worth a damn.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:16 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
You can't heal racism by denying it exists and pretending like the past never happened. It's easier for whites to pretend because they weren't on the receiving end. Not to mention racism is still alive.
Yup. Slavery, racism and the problems they caused have not gone away. So it's less of a scar than a festering, oozing abscess. The problem must be acknowledged, faced and treated before it can heal, not ignored to protect the sensitive fee fees those who are not directly affected by problems that are still hurting real people and would rather stick their head in the sand.

I am constantly amazed at the racist, prejudiced statements that come out of people here. People who then go on to claim that the "race card" is overplayed and doesn't apply any more and that blacks, liberals and progressives see racism behind every tree where none exists. As if you have to say the N word, join the KKK or light a cross on someone's lawn or you're not really racist. The lack of self-awareness is just mind boggling.

All Obama's presidency did was make it socially acceptable for them to show their true feelings in public. Kind of like peeling back the pretty new carpet to reveal the rotten, moldy pad underneath.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:23 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I was at an event at a college and one of the speakers was the President of the college. He was awestruck at the moment because as a small child he often visited this city and played on the campus grounds while visiting his grandfather who was employed as a janitor on the campus. Now as the highest ranking employee at the institution he knows how proud his grandfather would be if he was alive.

Very few of us will have a moment like that and when we do it is human to spirit our selves back in history and stand next to some long forgotten lowly souls. I think that is all the First Lady was doing. I wondered what it would have been like to be a janitor at that university under the tenure of that college president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies