Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Elizabeth Warren a Minority
Yes, she overheard someone say so and she has high cheekbones 8 7.77%
No, she exploited minority status to STEAL Affirmative Action benefits from a real minority 95 92.23%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:58 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianGumbo View Post
DNA does not prove tribal connections. Native American on a DNA test could be South American in origin to Alaskan. Someone could test 100% European and have a Cherokee (documented) ancestor or Native American at 5 or 6 generations. Ancestry tests are optimal at 4 generations or at least one fullblood 3rd great grandparent, in this case Native American. Someone 1/64th Cherokee may not show Native American on a DNA test due to the recombination factor.

Cherokee people have already settled this. The Nation does not need her DNA test. No evidence to any of the Cherokee rolls Pre,During,Post removal is no connections to Cherokee people. Case closed.
If you're that far removed that it won't even show up on a DNA test, then it's so diluted away that you have no business claiming it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 12:02 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No one will ever know. If it is her ancestry, then it's hers. I'm more interested in those people who have NA ancestry but are denied recognition...
You mean, those with NA ancestry that may have lost recognition because Warren stepped into their place by lying about her ancestry?

I thought you had to have a certain percentage in order for it to be of actual significance. My husband said that his grandfather said that his Great-grandmother had some NA ancestry, but my husband never used that story to try to step in front of someone that clearly had NA ancestry.

What did the DNA say? Was it able to affirm or deny? She, of course, took one before taking advantage of the status, right?

Old 06-19-2016, 03:56 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packard fan View Post
times change. Back in the day us "irish" people were looked down on as just trash cause so many of us were drunkards and hooligans; once we stepped up and started taking care of business, that's when we earned respect.

Now it's time to scrap the rez's and make american indians 100 percent us citizens.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm 1/16th Ethiopian, but never would I claim to be black. I don't look it at all, and in truth my roots are mainly Israeli and Norwegian. Most people guess me to be Israeli, East European, Persian, Colombian or Greek.

Perhaps a few colleges I was rejected from wouldn't have rejected me if I checked off 'African American' on my application, but I didn't know I had family in Ethiopia back then, and even if I did, I'd probably not do it for fear of being caught and kicked out for application fraud or something.

I got into a good UC on my own merit anyway, and paid much less tuition than I would have at the Ivies or Stanford.

She should be ashamed for coasting off of minority status like that. She's probably never set foot on an Indian reservation before making claims that she's NA. She doesn't even look it. And lol @ 'high cheekbones'...she barely has cheekbones at all.
Too; not all American Indians even have the high cheekbones, that seems to be more an Italian thing, like the actress Rene Russo.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:45 PM

322 posts, read 707,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Times change. Back in the day us "Irish" people were looked down on as just trash cause so many of us were drunkards and hooligans; once WE stepped up and started taking care of business, that's when we earned respect.

Now it's time to scrap the Rez's and make American Indians 100 percent US citizens.

Downward spiral of this country is by the hands of "White Power" in the form of a US Government. This guy is of Irish lineage. Andrew "Indian Killer" Jackson. The face on the $20 bill.
RootsWeb: Irish Heritage

He "stepped" it up just like you stated the Irish did. Yes, the Irish contributed to the Red Man's genocide. He worked in your favor. Made you a benefactor with dead Indians because where you stand today, an Indian stood.

However, something is amiss. This trivia here is missing a major US Historical event never talked about in the history books that the Irish need to take credit for since you give them credit in unison as "once WE stepped it up." The Cherokee, Creek, Chickasaw, Seminole and Choctaw didn't forget. The forced removal. He advised the states they could deal with the "Indian problem" and relocate NDN's (by any means necessary) for access resources and make room for settlers, which means more Whites and let's translate that down..........the Irish.

https://heartofasouthernwoman.files....son-trivia.jpg

No, times didn't change. White government continues to invade foreign countries and force it's rule. Not American Indian, American Blacks, Asians.....That be your people using the "one lump" rule (US White=Irish, Italian, German etc)

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-26-2016 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: hotlinking

Old 06-25-2016, 06:16 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Maybe Paleface Pocahontas can find a tribe that will let her buy her way into the Indian Nation. Use some of her ill gotten gains. Then when Trump wins, go on the warpath.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:24 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
its weird, they can do DNA and prove that everybody came from africa 30,000 years ago but cant find one indian in Ms elizabeth in the last 150 years

Old 06-25-2016, 09:33 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianGumbo View Post
Downward spiral of this country is by the hands of "White Power" in the form of a US Government. This guy is of Irish lineage. Andrew "Indian Killer" Jackson. The face on the $20 bill.
RootsWeb: Irish Heritage

He "stepped" it up just like you stated the Irish did. Yes, the Irish contributed to the Red Man's genocide. He worked in your favor. Made you a benefactor with dead Indians because where you stand today, an Indian stood.

However, something is amiss. This trivia here is missing a major US Historical event never talked about in the history books that the Irish need to take credit for since you give them credit in unison as "once WE stepped it up." The Cherokee, Creek, Chickasaw, Seminole and Choctaw didn't forget. The forced removal. He advised the states they could deal with the "Indian problem" and relocate NDN's (by any means necessary) for access resources and make room for settlers, which means more Whites and let's translate that down..........the Irish.

No, times didn't change. White government continues to invade foreign countries and force it's rule. Not American Indian, American Blacks, Asians.....That be your people using the "one lump" rule (US White=Irish, Italian, German etc)
Oh, come on. The Irish had little, if anything, to do with the genocide of Native Americans. If you're referring to Andrew Jackson's lineage, I believe he was of Scotch-Irish descent. This term refers to Ulster Scots. I followed the link you provided, and indeed it seems Jackson's ancestry was from Ulster.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:34 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I still wonder why no DNA test has been done.
In the modern world, such arguments are just plain stupid. It is very easy to prove or disprove genetic ancestry.
Just do the test, and then she can say "See there! I really AM .025% (or whatever) Native American!"
Or, conversely, the naysayers could say "See there! She is 100% Northern European (or whatever) ancestry!"
Just do the test and settle the issue!
The honest fact is, even if her story is 100% accurate, she is likely around 1% or even less Native American. Think about it, her ancestor that she claims is Native American, not only looks white, but self-identified as white. If he were 1/8th Native American as some Warren fans have suggested....that makes Warren 1/128th Native American.

Can Elizabeth Warren, who belongs to ZERO tribal registries, who has ZERO to do with Native American culture, who is lilly white and blue eyes officially claim on legal documents to be a "minority" and "Native American" because she is 1/128th Native American?!

A DNA test is a lose - lose situation for her, as she would be mocked when her small percentage of Native American Ancestry came back if any showed.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:36 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
its weird, they can do DNA and prove that everybody came from africa 30,000 years ago but cant find one indian in Ms elizabeth in the last 150 years
Have you heard of Kennewick man? Bones of a man that died 8500 years ago were found in Kennewick, Washington. The local tribes claimed the bones but DNA tests found no match to the native Americans. Paleface Pocahontas must be from the same tribe as Kennewick Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies