Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I agree with everything you just said. The question is, how do you come back from that and become one big happy family again?

This is the question of the millennium. The sad fact is that one side will claim ignorance and that they aren't doing anything wrong when the other points it out, and vice versa. In order to change we all must accept that change is needed and agree to the change. Based on other threads here people seem to think there's nothing wrong with their side and that those who bring it up are idiots and fools. Hence, the cycle of ignorance continues.

We would have to come to a common agreement that both parties are wrong in some form and be willing to change. I just don't think it will ever happen. There's too much political gain to keep us separated.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:13 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Both the left and the right want to beat the other so bad and win. No one stops to think that in a civil war, everyone loses. Politics in this country is no longer about trying to figure out what's best for the country. It's become a football game - all anyone wants to do is win. It's a game. And both sides hate the other, and completely believe that the other side is evil incarnate.

It's embarrassing really.
You know what's actually really embarrassing?

What's embarrassing is that most Americans have no clue as to how or why our nation was established and or the purpose of our Constitution. What's truly embarrassing is that most Americans even are political, in the sense that the regard politics as the question, who gets what where when and how.

Our nation was established and our Constitution ratified in order to protect our inalienable rights (not to grant these!) and to ensure that we as individuals and communities remained free to go about our business in ways that did not unduly infringe our neighbours' liberties.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:14 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhiterose View Post
I'd like for all Americans, especially the certain young, leftist demographic, to travel abroad extensively and learn about how the real world really works, interact with different sorts of people/cultures firsthand. You start to realize just how weird people have become in the United States. My Mexican girlfriend calls me "guero" like it's humorous, calls her darker sibling "moreno" like its a compliment, and refers to very dark individuals as "negros", because, well, that literally is the translation in Spanish. She's really not racist about it, it's just the culture she comes from. Political Correctness and many other things in the United States are first world issues.
Racism is not a "first world" problem. It exists everywhere, and I've never seen it be something good.

I lived in Thailand for a while, and while I adjusted to it, it was still rather odd to have someone come up to you and say things like, "You're fat", or "You're bald". There was no malice to it, but we would consider it rude. Just as some of the things we do everyday they consider extremely rude.

Other countries are no more the "real world" than is the United States.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:18 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What I've been saying lately? Of course I'm racist. Anyone with a brain would be. At least I admit it.

I treat everyone fairly and take people one at a time. But sorry, I do make judgements based on race at times. I just can't go any other way.

I personally think it's natural human behavior.

Anyone who denies they are partially racist is full of baloney.
Making decisions/judgments based on another's outward appearance is not necessarily racist.

In order for such decisions/judgments to in fact be racist, you would have to believe that such other person's character, intelligence, ability, and behaviour was/is a function of said person's race.

Otherwise, you are simply making a reasonable (even if erroneous) decision/judgment based on likely cultural behaviour, which act is not racist.

So, no, I never admit to racism. I'm not a racist. Nor am I a bigot.

Instead, I call these people out on their error and try to educate them. If they refuse to be educated, they remain ignorant.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:24 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
I am an old guy and the battle between liberals and conservatives has obviously been going on forever. But it's never been to this level, the creation of this thread is a perfect example. The poster is right, it's splitting this country in 2, we are in our own civil war and it's heartbreaking to see.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You missed the part where several posters here actually bragged about being racist. Yeah that was really impressive, and they wonder why they are so easy to make fun of.

Hell we don't even need to point out that their show pony is a racist, the GOP leaders are doing it for us. Now they have a difficult decision to make regarding the backing of this clown show.

GOP leaders dump on Trump judge comments, reconsider endorsements
AAAANNNNNDDDDD ANOTHER poster who doesn't know what racist even means. Man do we have an education problem in this country. It really IS embarrassing.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:26 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You missed the part where several posters here actually bragged about being racist. Yeah that was really impressive, and they wonder why they are so easy to make fun of.

Hell we don't even need to point out that their show pony is a racist, the GOP leaders are doing it for us. Now they have a difficult decision to make regarding the backing of this clown show.

GOP leaders dump on Trump judge comments, reconsider endorsements

You're further proving the point that I've been making about keeping us divided for political gain. It's always US versus THEM and never WE THE PEOPLE together. Don't you see that? MO and BO are no better than Trump. All of them need to be banned from the public spotlight along with anyone else who spews racism and bigotry or has any agenda to spur one race or group of people against another. Period.

Trump is doing the exact same thing that BO and MO have done, just on the other side. It just doesn't sit well with you when it isn't someone you support. It's no more right than what they have done for decades.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:27 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
AAAANNNNNDDDDD ANOTHER poster who doesn't know what racist even means. Man do we have an education problem in this country. It really IS embarrassing.
Not sure if you are referring to my post or the article I linked. But the article quoted the GOP party leader as saying Trumps' actions are textbook racism and my post simple acknowledged what other posters have already said. So don't know what you are talking about. Come to think of it I don't really care. I've been in enough of these to know it will go nowhere.

Peace.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:28 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
You're further proving the point that I've been making about keeping us divided for political gain. It's always US versus THEM and never WE THE PEOPLE together. Don't you see that? MO and BO are no better than Trump. All of them need to be banned from the public spotlight along with anyone else who spews racism and bigotry or has any agenda to spur one race or group of people against another. Period.

Trump is doing the exact same thing that BO and MO have done, just on the other side. It just doesn't sit well with you when it isn't someone you support. It's no more right than what they have done for decades.
We will need to ban Progressivism because that's all they do.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:29 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
In order for such decisions/judgments to in fact be racist, you would have to believe that such other person's character, intelligence, ability, and behaviour was/is a function of said person's race.
I would agree with you that skin color itself doesn't impact people's intelligence, abilities or behavior. However, this whole idea that all humans are the same everywhere is bizarre based on what we know about natural selection and evolution. Does it make sense that a people that evolved in a tropical climate where food was usually available would evolve the same way as people that evolved in a cold climate and had to plan for the winter?

No one goes around saying that chihuahua is as effective of a tracking dog as a bloodhound. But change the species to human and all of the rules of science go out the window. My point is that groups of people adapted to their environments over thousands of years and that will be reflected in various traits, some of which manifest in behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies