Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:02 PM
 
8,978 posts, read 16,576,929 times
Reputation: 3020

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Do you think the 2000s was the start of heavy increase in interracial mixing?
Couldn't say---I've been in an interracial marriage for 38 years---so I don't get to "mix" very much myself.. but my two married children are married interracially--one to "Dad's" race, and one to "Mom's"...

WE have a lot of interracial families in this area (they're "inter" of several races, though)...no particular one seems dominant, IMO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
 
1,875 posts, read 2,875,762 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Couldn't say---I've been in an interracial marriage for 38 years---so I don't get to "mix" very much myself.. but my two married children are married interracially--one to "Dad's" race, and one to "Mom's"...

WE have a lot of interracial families in this area (they're "inter" of several races, though)...no particular one seems dominant, IMO...
May I ask, what races are in your family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:07 PM
 
Location: southern california
61,286 posts, read 87,563,006 times
Reputation: 55564
in 20 years race will be the least of your problems. foraging for food and shelter will be paramount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
 
8,978 posts, read 16,576,929 times
Reputation: 3020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
May I ask, what races are in your family?
I am white---my wife is American Indian/ Hispanic (aka "Native Californian") my daughter-in-law is white, my son-in-law is Indian. Several in-laws on BOTH sides are Mexican (of various races). Two cousins are Japanese-American. Our god-daughter is black.

And you?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
 
1,875 posts, read 2,875,762 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I am white---my wife is American Indian/ Hispanic (aka "Native Californian") my daughter-in-law is white, my son-in-law is Indian. Several in-laws on BOTH sides are Mexican (of various races). Two cousins are Japanese-American. Our god-daughter is black.

And you?...
I'm a young black individual. I never been in an interracial relationship before, but I find white girls attractive. After I finished my course and moved into my trade, I might get married interracially, but no kids (but that's a whole differnet story). I'd find interracial relations full of enjoyment and excitment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:32 PM
 
8,978 posts, read 16,576,929 times
Reputation: 3020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I'm a young black individual. I never been in an interracial relationship before, but I find white girls attractive. After I finished my course and moved into my trade, I might get married interracially, but no kids (but that's a whole differnet story). I'd find interracial relations full of enjoyment and excitment.
Well, I wish you luck....and if you don't WANT kids, don't have them....they're a real handful even when you WANT them.....

You'll probably find a number of young ladies nowadays who might 'not want kids,' either...unfortunately, some already HAVE them before they decide they don't want them...but that's another thread. Best of luck to you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 04:35 PM
 
1,875 posts, read 2,875,762 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, I wish you luck....and if you don't WANT kids, don't have them....they're a real handful even when you WANT them.....

You'll probably find a number of young ladies nowadays who might 'not want kids,' either...unfortunately, some already HAVE them before they decide they don't want them...but that's another thread. Best of luck to you..
Yes, I did see quite a few teenage parents back in high school.

May I ask, who are your children interracially married to, like what race are their spouses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Arizona
1,053 posts, read 3,093,808 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I'm a young black individual. I never been in an interracial relationship before, but I find white girls attractive. After I finished my course and moved into my trade, I might get married interracially, but no kids (but that's a whole differnet story). I'd find interracial relations full of enjoyment and excitment.
What's so exciting about it? That's funny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
 
1,875 posts, read 2,875,762 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
What's so exciting about it? That's funny...
Meeting girls from other races and having fun with them, that's interesting and exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Arizona
1,053 posts, read 3,093,808 times
Reputation: 470
Black/white relationships are all over here in Washington state. It's been like that for a long time too. I used to call us the Jungle Fever state. LOL I'm this mix as well, so maybe I just notice my own kind more easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top