Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:20 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are simply misunderstanding and/or confusing the difference between what modern advanced societies might "expect" versus what is deemed clearly right or wrong.

Clearly, the lack of respect for civil rights from the leadership of Saudi Arabia, for example, is wrong, but what the rest of the world and/or the U.S. can "expect" to change in these regards is severely limited for many obvious reasons.

The modern advanced world countries that have better developed and come to respect civil rights, as one might argue is the case with America and much of the EU (though still struggling with the history of slavery and such), are "expected" to better respect and/or provide the "pursuit of life, liberty and happiness" for all citizens in ways the advanced world societies simply cannot expect today from the likes of Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, Libya or North Korea, etc., though of course we all hope for such in the future.

In the same way, Israel is held to the higher standard that can and should be better "expected" from all advanced modern societies, though obviously the United States commitment to cover for Israel's wrong-doings in these regards, with money, military support/weapons, and with the U.N. undermines America's standing in these regards entirely. This is the problem and why Israel is subject to so much attention and criticism, along with it's location in the Middle East where Muslims are not typically neighbored by non-Muslim countries forced into their midst as the Zionists managed to accomplish in very recent modern history.

To confuse what is simply right or wrong in these regards with what we can expect either way is a rather novice mistake that certainly makes intelligent understanding of these issues near impossible. More time wasted having to explain the obvious in any case...
And this is pure racism and double standards. You just cannot give a pass to a fatherless thug that raped a girl and to criticize an educated guy from another race and good family that stared to much on another girls butt. It's not working this way. This is racism. We should expect all sane human beings to behave well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:52 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
And this is pure racism and double standards. You just cannot give a pass to a fatherless thug that raped a girl and to criticize an educated guy from another race and good family that stared to much on another girls butt. It's not working this way. This is racism. We should expect all sane human beings to behave well.
This comment just proves you are not able to make the distinctions necessary to understand these issues that are a bit more complicated than you seem able to comprehend, and suggesting my position is racist when the distinction is based on countries and their development, not race, not individuals, is just more of your stubborn effort to argue nonsense rather than reason. I would explain further but clearly more intelligent exchange in these regards is impossible given your effort to compare an example of rape and staring at a girl's butt with what I explain about the rulers of these nations that do not respect civil rights to any acceptable degree.
By whatever standard, Israel must choose what sort of country she is in these regards and act accordingly, regardless what other countries do, plain and simple. No country and no person can be excused for not respecting civil rights, but some countries are further along in these regards than others, not because of religion or race but because of a better educated populace, socio-economic and developmental reasons (among others).

Anyone who cannot recognize what can better be "expected" from France in these regards today as compared to Saudi Arabia, for example, and the reasons why, is simply ignorant of world affairs and geo-politics.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:37 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
This comment just proves you are not able to make the distinctions necessary to understand these issues that are a bit more complicated than you seem able to comprehend, and suggesting my position is racist when the distinction is based on countries and their development, not race, not individuals, is just more of your stubborn effort to argue nonsense rather than reason. I would explain further but clearly more intelligent exchange in these regards is impossible given your effort to compare an example of rape and staring at a girl's butt with what I explain about the rulers of these nations that do not respect civil rights to any acceptable degree.
By whatever standard, Israel must choose what sort of country she is in these regards and act accordingly, regardless what other countries do, plain and simple. No country and no person can be excused for not respecting civil rights, but some countries are further along in these regards than others, not because of religion or race but because of a better educated populace, socio-economic and developmental reasons (among others).

Anyone who cannot recognize what can better be "expected" from France in these regards today as compared to Saudi Arabia, for example, and the reasons why, is simply ignorant of world affairs and geo-politics.

Bully (uneducated thug) : /a slap into Learnme face/
Learnme (an educated gentlemen): Please stop, you are not nice.
Crowd: Why are you telling him that he is not nice? He just wanted to get a fly out of your face.
Bully: Give me all your money.
Learme: No, I won't.
Crowd: How do you dare not to give money to this poor and oppressed man??!! You are an educated man, we expect you to be nice!!!
Bully: /A punch into Learnme face/
Learnmy: /A punch into bullies face, bully is on the ground/
Crowd: Stop with this disproportional force!!! You are educated, so we expect you to be nice and to surrender for all that the bully wants and never ever protect yourself!!
Learnmy: You are right, I'm really sorry. Because I'm white and educated and he is not, I will now give him all the money and my 18 years old daughter also.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:38 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Bully (uneducated thug) : /a slap into Learnme face/
Learnme (an educated gentlemen): Please stop, you are not nice.
Crowd: Why are you telling him that he is not nice? He just wanted to get a fly out of your face.
Bully: Give me all your money.
Learme: No, I won't.
Crowd: How do you dare not to give money to this poor and oppressed man??!! You are an educated man, we expect you to be nice!!!
Bully: /A punch into Learnme face/
Learnmy: /A punch into bullies face, bully is on the ground/
Crowd: Stop with this disproportional force!!! You are educated, so we expect you to be nice and to surrender for all that the bully wants and never ever protect yourself!!
Learnmy: You are right, I'm really sorry. Because I'm white and educated and he is not, I will now give him all the money and my 18 years old daughter also.
Testing, one, two...

Earth to Mash, testing, one, two.

Houston, I think we have a problem...

Recommendation: if we are to bother further attempts at communications, let's stick to the matters at hand, like the differences between Israel and France and Saudi Arabia, for example. Attempted analogies and/or associations with "bullies," daughters and staring at little girl's butts are not only inappropriate but utterly simplistic and confused.

Right, better instead you go your way, and I'll go mine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies