Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 09:30 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,223,398 times

Advertisements

When we're talking about something like this, opportunity is significantly more important than actual outcome.

The fact that Hillary Clinton did reasonably well in now two different elections cycles for president is evidence that women can become president in this country. Just because she lost in 2008 does not mean people don't want a woman president.

No one even thinks about it in the other way around. When Mitt Romney lost, we didn't say no one wants a man. Or a white person, since both Obama and Romney were male.

I think we should have a good president. If that happens to mean a woman is in office, great! If it's a man, equally great! A good president is a good president regardless of genitals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:38 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,939,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Good question. It seems to be a rare event in some countries. Hillary Clinton seems like a robot, sorry for being rude.
Robots have more honesty, warmth and personality.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,503,410 times
If Hillary is elected, we still don't have a female president.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:41 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,939,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It is simply harder to become POTUS than it is to be elected president of other countries. Nobody else puts candidates through as rigorous an ordeal. And the small pool of people with the ambition and talent to do that is overwhelmingly male.
And the small pool of people with the low morals and psychopathic nature to do that is overwhelmingly male. Until now.

Fixed that for you.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:11 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,750,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
And the small pool of people with the low morals and psychopathic nature

I think that pool is plenty large. Being ruthless probably helps a candidate but it isn't nearly enough.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:45 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,645,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
If Hillary is elected, we still don't have a female president.
That all depends on how she identifies herself in the morning, male, female, or other. I'm sure that by now, Obama has had bathrooms put in for all three at the white house.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:54 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,006,928 times
I think most men see women as unstable and problematic. They view a female presidential candidate in the same light as the majority of women they work with instead of the extremely capable 1 in a million alpha females that they actually are.

There are women capable of leadership at the highest level; however, for every female that fits this bill, there are literally hundreds of men. It's a numbers game.

I definitely think we'll have a Female POTUS in the next 20 years. I just don't think it will be Hillary Clinton. She's going to lose Democratic strongholds like Washington and Oregon because most white people that aren't old women hate her with a passion. She needs the youth vote and middle aged white women to get behind her to win in November, and I just don't see it happening. They won't vote for Trump, but too many will stay home to counter the amount of white men that will show up in record numbers to vote Republican.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:11 AM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
First female to pass a primary for president in over 200 years, behind 3rd world countries.

Indira Gandhi was elected prime minister of India 50 years ago.
How many working toilets did India have 50 years ago?

Old 06-09-2016, 12:14 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,048,805 times
Very few American scientists, mathematicians and engineers are females too.

When I was in graduate school, almost all female PhD students were from Asia.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:34 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,590,248 times
Why are 75% of NBA players from a group that comprises 13% of the population? Are blacks biologically different from other races giving them an advantage? No, it's just that more blacks aspire to play in the NBA and put in the time to make it.

My GUESS is that more men then women aspire to tell others what to do and get into politics. This is supported by the fact that women are a majority of the population but only account for 10% of applicants to the police academy.

Female police officers are rare but sought after for unique skills | PennLive.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies