Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 09:54 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is a reason a state can do it if they wish, but not the Federal Centralized Government.

The US Constitution does not authorize the federal government to take over a 10th amendment issue.

There would have to be an amendment to the US. Constitution.
The major problem is that states themselves cannot afford the HC of their people. That takes Federal money. Medicaid + Medicare - forget about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The major problem is that states themselves cannot afford the HC of their people. That takes Federal money. Medicaid + Medicare - forget about it!

States would go bankrupt quickly. There isn't enough for the unfunded liabilities as it is now.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Baby steps, baby steps. Americans and their noted tradition of moral and ethical imperatives being improved by baby steps. It boggles the mind.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:17 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
All thinking Americans are in favor of universal healthcare for all. The only ones opposed are those making sickening profits from the current system and poor white Republicans who can't afford health care.

That's your brainwashing talking. There is almost always a thoughtfully considered argument for all sides of an issue. If you cannot recognize that, it is indicative of narrow minded thinking at the least.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
That's your brainwashing talking. There is almost always a thoughtfully considered argument for all sides of an issue. If you cannot recognize that, it is indicative of narrow minded thinking at the least.

Based upon emotions, with no thought of the consequences. Intended but mostly unintended.

It is the spur of the moment action, based upon emotions and not looking past the tip of their noses.
Life decisions are made, by those that pay the bill. When someone else is paying the bill for you, they get to make the life decisions for you, too.

I'm paying your bills, so I will tell you what to do, how to do it, what to do it with, where it will happen, when it will happen, but never tell you why, because I hold all the cards and power over you. Sound familiar, when the left comes screaming, all your roads, that plumbing and electricity you enjoy, with clean water to drink.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
All thinking Americans are in favor of universal healthcare for all. The only ones opposed are those making sickening profits from the current system and poor white Republicans who can't afford health care.

So you want the entire medical system to be run like the VA?

No Thanks.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 AM

788 posts, read 512,104 times
Quote:
To demonstrate just how full of it you are, I am wholly against Universal Health Care, and I am neither making sickening profits from any source, nor am I poor, nor am I a Republican, nor am I unable to afford health care - so it looks like your post is an epic fail.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:52 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So you want the entire medical system to be run like the VA?

No Thanks.
Shouldn't be like the VA. We need to keep the bulk of the HC delivery in the private sector. Like Medicare today.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:57 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-9WeHDPV4

Old 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Shouldn't be like the VA. We need to keep the bulk of the HC delivery in the private sector. Like Medicare today.

That cannot happen when government takes over. Doctors will Default to government employees, as their income will be paid exclusively in US Treasury funds, with no other private sector income.

We use to shop and choose for a doctor. Now government mandates we shop for insurance they have chosen to choose from. Next there would be no choice at all.

Liberty. Know what it is, before we lose it all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies