Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 05:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
As a conservative, I would vote for the right woman as President.

IMO Hillary wasn't the right one.
Would you vote for Ivanka? I would. She will have four or eight years to hone her skills. I would love to see the Republicans have the first Woman President simply to throw mud in the eye of the Democrats that have rejected their base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 03:03 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Would you vote for Ivanka? I would. She will have four or eight years to hone her skills. I would love to see the Republicans have the first Woman President simply to throw mud in the eye of the Democrats that have rejected their base.
I voted for Trump and would not vote for Ivanka. Ivanka is a liberal democrat

Old 06-17-2017, 06:07 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I voted for Trump and would not vote for Ivanka. Ivanka is a liberal democrat
She is being groomed as a Republican. Yes; she has many woman issues that look more like a Democrat. I think the same thing when I listen to John McCain and his open borders and anti-Trump rhetoric.

It is still early in this administration. Give her some time and see how she develops. I also think that the Republicans need time to develop; Trump won the election - the Republicans won on his coattails. Trump has also been criticized for some Democratic views.

Personally I look forward to the Republicans staying out of the bedroom and favoring women rights - I was a conservative Democrat that turned Republican because of Trump and I am an atheist.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:28 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
I am hoping Conde Rice runs, as she would be the first non token female nominee in our nation's history.

I do not count singing 2 verses of "Stand by Your Man" with a husband with 1,000 interns as valid experience towards being POTUS.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I am hoping Conde Rice runs, as she would be the first non token female nominee in our nation's history.

I do not count singing 2 verses of "Stand by Your Man" with a husband with 1,000 interns as valid experience towards being POTUS.
What about the candidate that cheated on his wife and bragged about grabbing women? The victim is evil but the villain is okay?

Old 06-18-2017, 08:43 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
What about the candidate that cheated on his wife and bragged about grabbing women?
Not unusual at all. Most POTUS' have at some time been unfaithful, including per historians FDR and JFK.

Still looking forward to the first non token women.

PS: HRC was not a victim. Nor was Monica, Jennifer, etc. They opted to stay in the "relationship". Broaddrick was a victim, as she said she was raped.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Not unusual at all. Most POTUS' have at some time been unfaithful, including per historians FDR and JFK.

Still looking forward to the first non token women.

PS: HRC was not a victim. Nor was Monica, Jennifer, etc. They opted to stay in the "relationship". Broaddrick was a victim, as she said she was raped.
So the theory is, JFK is fine but Jackie was bad because she stayed married to him? FDR was fine, but Eleanor was bad because she stayed with him? And if Trump cheats on Melania, he's fine but she's bad because she stays with him? This is amazing.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:48 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Wow, this thread is from a year ago. Why? To what purpose? For what it's worth, I do not think a woman will be elected president for a very long time, maybe a generation or two, maybe never. If Democrats nominate a woman it will be attacked as a candidate based on gender, etc. and it's doubtful Republicans would even nominate a woman candidate much less successfully elect one. Women will attack her based on petty things like hair, makeup, clothes, weight, whether she did or did not endure marital fidelity, whether she was or was not a proper mother, etc. Men will attack her saying it's a war on men (ignoring the irony that there has never been a female president so not possible).

Of all the posts attacking Hillary in this, the one I find most interesting is the ones attacking her for staying in her marriage because of Bill Clinton's behavior. They are blissfully ignoring that they elected Trump who actually did all those things and more plus divorced two wives. He was caught cheating on his first wife and bringing her to a family vacation in Aspen. They elected him in spite of that and so many other things. But Hillary stayed in her marriage as the wronged party and she is attacked for that? It doesn't matter, this thread is a year old but the Trump rationalization has been amazing.
William the Impeached lied under oath; Trump has not.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
William the Impeached lied under oath; Trump has not.
What does Bill Clinton have to do with it? (And we don't know about Trump, it's early yet.) Still, this thread is about a woman president.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:59 PM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
I would probably not vote for a Democrat to be the first female president. As a male, I'm already being told how much I suck, how I oppress women, etc. on a daily basis. Women already get away with so much in our society and the feminazis are in full force. I could just imagine if we have a female Democrat in the White House: they'd recreate concentration camps and throw me in it.

The only possible exception to this is Tammy Duckworth. She's a war hero and really gave a lot for this country. I would probably vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies