Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:47 AM

128 posts, read 93,859 times

Advertisements

One scientist who knows more about sea levels than anyone else in the world it is the Swedish geologist and physicist Nils-Axel Mörner, formerly chairman of the INQUA International Commission on Sea Level Change. And the uncompromising verdict of Dr Mörner, who for 35 years has been using every known scientific method to study sea levels all over the globe, is that all this talk about the sea rising is nothing but a colossal scare story.

It just sickens me to the core that this con artist became president.

Obama Warns: Manhattan Will Be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 05:54 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Have to agree. I live on the east coast, and my beachfront property has been accreting, expanding eastward.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:25 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Have to agree. I live on the east coast, and my beachfront property has been accreting, expanding eastward.
Please, What are you going to do, believe your own lying eyes?
Or there super smart computer models.

Why do I get the feeling that Obozos plan to save the earth involves a whole lot of "Other peoples money"

bill

Old 06-10-2016, 06:28 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
How many times did he fly across the world in his 747? Let's start with his Hiroshima Apology Tour and start working backwards.

How many times did Mooch fly in a separate 747 because "her" schedule didn't match Obama's? Let's start with the last race huckstering trip and work backwards.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Cool Obama Warns: Manhattan Will Be ‘Underwater’ If We Don’t Act On Climate Change

It's a good thing my relatives live on the 5th floor in their Manhattan apt building.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:51 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's a good thing my relatives live on the 5th floor in their Manhattan apt building.
Rising sea levels isn't happening... I'm gaining about 1 ft of property per year due to beachfront accretion on the east coast.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:57 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Another climate thread with the usual suspects.

If one lives on the east coast, one should invest in tsunami insurance from a collapse in the Azores first

Old 06-10-2016, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowtreatments View Post
One scientist who knows more about sea levels than anyone else in the world it is the Swedish geologist and physicist Nils-Axel Mörner, formerly chairman of the INQUA International Commission on Sea Level Change. And the uncompromising verdict of Dr Mörner, who for 35 years has been using every known scientific method to study sea levels all over the globe, is that all this talk about the sea rising is nothing but a colossal scare story.

It just sickens me to the core that this con artist became president.

Obama Warns: Manhattan Will Be

Awesome!

Venice Italy, in America!! What a major additive to the tourist industry. Gondolas and cheese!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:00 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Rising sea levels isn't happening... I'm gaining about 1 ft of property per year due to beachfront accretion on the east coast.
I don't know when you live but just about everywhere else on the east coast is retreating from Maine to Florida.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:03 AM

3,701 posts, read 4,845,879 times
I've said it once and I'll say it countless more times. None of our cities are going to get flooded because of a catastrophic rise in sea levels any tyime near our lives or our great, great, great, great, great. great............................................. .................................................. ...grandchildrens lives. is it posible in the way ahead future? Sure! Just like the whole world has been changing since it formed. Thats what Earth does and it is well beyond our control.
i've stated it before because I live and work on the east coast and have lived in S. FL, NC and MD and am at the marinas every day of my life and have been since the late 80's. The docks and bulkheads are still the same hieght from mean high water as they were when I started working on these boats wayback when. These eco nuts, including that POS in the white house have people believe that these docks are under water now. Pure BS.

I believe the quacks who take these measurements purposefully wait till a hard northeaster is blowing during a full moons high tide and then claim "see, the water level has risen 3 feet in the past year" "WE'RE ALL DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!" But of course what they don't mention is that the previous years measurement was taken during a low tide period, perhaps with a hard westerly wind (east coast) during a full moon so the tide would be super low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies