Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

FBI says that the mass murderer in Orlando this a.m. was possible jihadist (leanings toward). Look for Trump to use this for political purposes soon on Twitter. These are the types of incidents where he gloats and says "I told you so".....and he'll reiterate that these types of situations could have been avoided if we don't allow just any religion across our borders. They're chopping off peoples heads after-all........all tweets without knowing all the details.

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
People who come on threads about Islamic terror attacks to claim equivalency between Muslim and Christian extremists are a cancer in society.
Any killings by extremism should be called out at all times.

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I'm not a " Christian hater" I'm a religious extremism hater wether it be Christian, Muslim or whatever. Those that use their religion to persecute and kill others are wrong and should be called out.
Tell me about your last favorite "Christian Extremist" terror attack that killed 20+ people.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:11 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
FBI says that the mass murderer in Orlando this a.m. was possible jihadist (leanings toward). Look for Trump to use this for political purposes soon on Twitter. These are the types of incidents where he gloats and says "I told you so".....and these types of situations could have been avoided if we don't allow just any religion across our boarders. They're chopping off peoples heads after-all.
And what do you think Obama will do? I bet he blames it on the guns and will not say a word about the man's religion.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:12 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Tell me about your last favorite "Christian Extremist" terror attack that killed 20+ people.
Oh I see so you only care about how many have been killed.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:13 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
They are too much on the controlling side for me up there. I remember crossing the border to buy beer in my college days and having to write my name and address on a clipboard along with what I purchased. Seems they kept track of everyone's alcohol consumption too. Even at 19 years old I had a creepy feeling about that. I can't imagine how much worse it's gotten in 35 years since.

We bought 5 cases of beer and then found out at the border that only 4 cases were allowed. So we had to leave one case with the border guards. I always thought they had a good scam going.
Now if you purchased beer/alcohol in Ontario you buy it the same as in the U.S. Either pick it up off the shelf, or if it is a smaller beer location you tell the employee what you want and it comes out on a conveyor (no names taken). In larger cities beer/wine can be purchased with your groceries though not so in the smaller places as of yet (but soon).

Also they didn't track what your alcohol consumption, you put your name on the slip so they knew which name to call when the order was filled.

Finally the 5 cases / 4 cases issue would have been re-entering the U.S. That has nothing to do with Ontario's liquor laws.

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Your comment that there are Christian pastors who "call for the death of gays" is just a flat out lie. Before you post any video or audio, listen to it yourself to make sure that the pastor has actually called for the death of homosexuals and not just referred to an old testament bible passage that says that. If you post any more lies on this subject, you will be held accountable for that. Consider yourself warned.

Also, keep in mind that the New Testament (the New Covenant) teaches that:

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

and

Romans 6:23 -
For the wages of sin is death

Pastors remind people that they death is the penalty for sin all the time. We are sinners and we are all going to die as a result. But a substitute has been provided for you, if you can accept that. His name is Jesus Christ, who came to take away the sins of the world, for those who believe in him and what he did.

#1: There is no such thing as "sin." Sin is a bogus concept that pre-supposes you should or should not do something solely because a higher being has deemed it bad.

People with developed sense of morality don't need the concept of sin in order to regulate their lives.

#2: There is no functional difference between quoting Bible passages calling for the death of gays, and actually calling for the death of gays. Unless you're actually trying to explain to people how it shouldn't be taken literally, is superceded by New religious law, or is an academic discussion of the Bible.

"There are instances in which both the Old and New Testament speak to the matter with unbelievable clarity," Swanson told his audience of evangelical Christians... "There's not to be any debate about it. You know what that sin is – it’s the sin of homosexuality."

"In fact in Romans 1 Paul affirms that this particular sin is worthy of death," Swanson says. "The Old and New Testament, I believe both speak with authority and we outta receive it."

So, literally, f___ any Christian, Muslim, Jew or anybody else who thinks those passages should be "received" or "speak with authority."

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Those that use their religion to persecute and kill others are wrong and should be called out.
Those that use anything to persecute and kill others are wrong and should be called out.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
And what do you think Obama will do? I bet he blames it on the guns and will not say a word about the man's religion.

No doubt that is what the (Thank God) lame duck will do.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:16 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Maybe instead of some people hoping the killer is Muslim, and some hoping it's a Christian, we should all hope for "Never Again in America."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies