Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 08:07 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times

Advertisements

"Even more offensive is those who will condemn actions when they don't see it as one of their own but are quick to jump when they feel they can push their agenda"

If anyone is pushing an agenda here it's you. Blatantly obvious.

I personally take offense at the title of this thread. It shouldn't read Muslims, it should read Muslim.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
What a horrific tragedy.

Let me see if I understand, religious extremists in any faith but Islam who perpetrate crimes are fringe loonies that don't represent the faith. But religious extremists who are Muslim represent the entire faith of 1.5 billion? Just making sure I understand the logic at play.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:08 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Yes, sure. The good, old Holy Bible that says "Thou shalt not kill" and "Do onto others as you would have them to do unto you". If families get their moral ethics from this Book, then you'd better believe you are wrong, because this Book clearly states that killing is a sin, not something that we do for fun if we don't agree with someone.

I dare you to find a legitimate source to a true, Bible believing Christian church that actually states that they condone literally physically attacking or killing anyone based on sexual orientation or anything else. I'm not talking about wanting to help people who are involved in a particular lifestyle, but actually physically hurting or killing them for engaging in that lifestyle. Good luck.
Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:09 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Yes, sure. The good, old Holy Bible that says "Thou shalt not kill" and "Do onto others as you would have them to do unto you". If families get their moral ethics from this Book, then you'd better believe you are wrong, because this Book clearly states that killing is a sin, not something that we do for fun if we don't agree with someone.

I dare you to find a legitimate source to a true, Bible believing Christian church that actually states that they condone literally physically attacking or killing anyone based on sexual orientation or anything else. I'm not talking about wanting to help people who are involved in a particular lifestyle, but actually physically hurting or killing them for engaging in that lifestyle. Good luck.
They do but many of those people overlook every other verse in the bible like many of those raised in the church or grew up on Christian beliefs. The topic of homosexuality always brings out the worst in most people who were raised in the church. The bible immediately gets thrown around. The bible also says thou shall not lie either and I bet money you and other Christians haven't followed that one either.

Christians cans be just as radical don't play yourself. I grew up in the church and visited many churches myself so I know how Christians can be.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...ial_candidates

Old 06-12-2016, 08:10 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Maybe the shooter was one those guys the President was talking about a while ago. Muslims on the FBI's watch list who the NRA thinks should still have access to weapons.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:10 AM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times
From a tactical point of view, this attack was well planned. He went in for the attack around 2am Sunday morning. During this time at a popular nightclub the patrons are drunk and or high on drugs. Their reaction time will be reduced thus giving the opportunity to kill or injure many people. This attack also happened during Ramadan.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:11 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
with a quote by an FBI agent. Nice try at avoiding the source, though.
All avenues are investigated and not just one. He's been named and that's about it for now.

Omar Mir Seddique Mateen of Port St. Lucie a U.S. citizen of Afghani descent.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-m...ive-terrorism/

Old 06-12-2016, 08:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
"Even more offensive is those who will condemn actions when they don't see it as one of their own but are quick to jump when they feel they can push their agenda"

If anyone is pushing an agenda here it's you. Blatantly obvious.
Yes I am. I do not deny that but I am not being hypocritical on it. I will condemn any and all groups that kill innocent human beings.

You?

Quote:
I personally take offense at the title of this thread. It shouldn't read Muslims, it should read Muslim.
Right now I do not know if it's relevant at all. It very well may be or it may be a case where we have a mentally ill individual that happened to be Muslim.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:13 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
At least one understands the point.

We have extremists from every religion, political belief or any one label you can come up with. Unfortunately for many they are only willing to condemn one group or the other.

Even more offensive is those who will condemn actions when they don't see it as one of their own but are quick to jump when they feel they can push their agenda.

Talk about off the deep end.....

Again, many condemn all people who do stupid things like this, however, people such as you only speak out when it's a mass murder like this, why not talk about the 2 children who were shot and killed in drive by shootings in the same neighbor hood within a week....

Blah blah blah, is all you're going to say now....

Because people speak up and say hey, lookie here......just like the 14 killed in CA....they tried to blame the folks who were at the party and not the killers themselves....

Old 06-12-2016, 08:16 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
This is a direct slap in the face to Obama, and open border liberals in general. Muslims kill gays in their countries. Now they're doing it here in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies