Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 04:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have no problem with them closing the investigation if they couldn't find anything. He was an American citizen after all. My problem is with this guy still being able to get a job with an armed security force that protects the government facilities, even after being investigated twice and his father having known ties to the Taliban. What is the vetting process for if not to find these things out before hiring someone?
It might depend on timelines. As I understand it, he's been a security guard about 10 years, but the first time the FBI looked into him was a couple years ago.

I'm sure a lot more light will be shed on this question on the next week or so.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:38 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes it does, 72 voluptuous virgins for any believing man who makes it to paradise.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/72_Virgins#Conclusion
OK, here is a passage from the quote above, which is from "wikiislam.net," as a website I was heretofore unfamiliar with.

The hadith literature compliment the Qur'anic text by specifying the exact number of virgins as 72 and providing us with detailed descriptions of their characteristics. These narrations are not weak but vary in strength from good to authentic.

We are also given details on the physical attributes given to men to sustain 72 virgins, namely, ever-erect penises that never soften and the sexual strength to satisfy 100.

I am not familiar with "hadith literature," so hopefully someone can give us an objective briefing on what these writings represent to Muslims.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's the most most honest thing you have said, whether you know it or not....congrats....
I've said it for years and nothing I've said has been wrong.

Quote:
Maybe if you would lean more towards this response and not criticizing others, you very well could make some headway......in your agenda....
Yes, you would cheer me on as long as I make my arguments one sided. Unfortunately that only makes things worse.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:41 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't sell the left short!

They found a way to blame the Giffords shooting on Sarah Palin and they'll find a way to blame the hostile actions of their ISIS friends on their American enemies.

It's a little early, but I'll go ahead and predict the story the LSM settles on will be that Donald Trump's inflammatory rhetoric drove this person over the edge.

You're welcome MSNBC.
Anyone who says these atrocities result from Trump's rhetoric is condoning these attacks.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The crusades are the same as what we have done in the last 15 years? What crusades are you talking about?

You have lost all and any credibility, that remark has to be....
We have invaded other countries that did nothing to us in some insane quest for power or something. Those leading the charge really can't explain why.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:44 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
As I understand it, the young fools who believe this also believe that they are automagically renewable virgins.

You'll have to ask someone else why virgin partners are so desirable.

But then I'm female.
The idiots somehow think their penises are making the trip to heaven.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
OK, here is a passage from the quote above, which is from "wikiislam.net," as a website I was heretofore unfamiliar with.

The hadith literature compliment the Qur'anic text by specifying the exact number of virgins as 72 and providing us with detailed descriptions of their characteristics. These narrations are not weak but vary in strength from good to authentic.

We are also given details on the physical attributes given to men to sustain 72 virgins, namely, ever-erect penises that never soften and the sexual strength to satisfy 100.

I am not familiar with "hadith literature," so hopefully someone can give us an objective briefing on what these writings represent to Muslims.
Hadith is like the talmud. Not quite Holy Writ, but given great weight because they are written by learned and saintly teachers who are inspired by god. It's not a single book, but a collection of writings, from different times and places.

I'm not sure any muslims are following this thread, but if one appears, I will surely defer to their description.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Too long to quote here, but the best answer I could find as to what the "72 virgins" thing means to most Muslims is at the following link:

72 virgins in Paradise - Everything2.com

Old 06-12-2016, 04:50 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes it does, 72 voluptuous virgins for any believing man who makes it to paradise.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/72_Virgins#Conclusion
How is someone who believes there will be 72 virgins for him in an afterlife any wackier than someone who believes in an afterlife where a supreme being decides if you believed in him enough? Christians are not in a position to mock others for their silly religious beliefs.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Does two wrong make one right?

See? we can never address the real issue if we are doing all these silly comparison.

There is a radical islam problem in this country, and the world. Why are second generation western born Muslim youth so radicalized? This is the issue.

Does this tragedy have anything to do with foreign policy? Nope.

It has a lot to do with how they interpret their holy book. Address the issue.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

I agree that radicalized Islam is a problem around the world, in the US there has only had a few radicalized Islam attacks, one to the extent as this one and that was San Bernadino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Step away from your ideology and open your mind to reality.
My mind is open, any religion or political view can be subjected to radicalization. Some people are just blind to it being of one single religion, that being Islam. I am not glossing over radicalized Islam but others gloss over anything else being radicalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Seriously, that's your example? A massive trolling by someone that no one can find? Did you even read what he proposed? It is OBVIOUSLY a troll.

God people are gullible. Even Snopes says it's not entirely true.
Perhaps I found the wrong video. For that I apologize. The facts remain Christians have been radicalized and can be radicalized today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies