Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 12:04 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Gun ban IS NOT the same as Strict gun laws.

Gun ban will work because it's hard to commit a mass shooting without guns!!
Cocaine is banned in every state and its really easy to get cocaine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 12:07 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,223,674 times
No, OP, you don't get it. Everyone here is voting for someone who is going to do those things right. The reason those other things didn't work is because they didn't vote for that person. It turns out, all of those things work if your a woman, not politically correct, or not funded by millionaires and billionaires.

That was all sarcasm of course.

No, I tend to agree. A gun ban won't work. I mean, it could potentially, but in this country, it would cause more problems that it would solve. A ban on Muslims entering wouldn't do anything. Most acts of terror and violence happen from people who were born in this country. As for boots on the ground, it's not that simple. If we do to Syria what we did to Iraq, I can't see much long term success. In general, I'm not in favor of boots on the ground at this point, but unlike most of the conflicts we've been in, ISIS is actually seriously problematic.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:08 PM

477 posts, read 276,206 times
Quote:
Gun ban IS NOT the same as Strict gun laws.

Gun ban will work because it's hard to commit a mass shooting without guns!!
You're assuming introducing a law solves a 'problem.' Don't we have a planet-wide ban on murder?

Do you think the liberally-demonized police of the USA are going to go door to door to confiscate weapons from people? How does your ban on guns work, exactly?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:11 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,278,548 times
The war is already on U.S. soil. I fear there are so many seeds planted by the mental aspect of terrorism, that even if borders were shut down, what we don't know exists in our country already will strike. Psychotic individuals will profess their belief for ISIS or another terrorist group just because they can. Guns and other weapons are already traded in the black market and can be attained.

I understand thinking about borders, but this government must do a better job at looking internally at what already may be seeded on U.S. soil.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,874,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You can't defeat an ideology. I'm sure we can do more than we are currently doing here at home but all the bleeding hearts/PC police wouldn't accept it. Acts like this are only going to become more common as time goes by.
Don't just blame bleeding hearts, liberals and PC police, libertarians also don't like the ideas of how we can deal with terrorism. A week ago, there was a thread where one kept claiming a guy who had their plans on a phone that the information should be given. Look at the complaints about phone records, internet searches and library take outs under the Patriot Act too. It's bigger than just liberals or being PC.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,940,051 times
Quote:
Since the overwhelming majority of mass shooters are white males, I guess this means we'll have to start discriminating against white men then.
I agree. Mentally disturbed white males should be watched carefully.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:11 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,225,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Cocaine is banned in every state and its really easy to get cocaine.

NO, it's not! Unless you run in certain circles or you know where to go in the Darknet, you ain't buying cocaine.

I can bet you anything, if I call up a typical soccer mom and tell her to buy some cocaine, she wouldn't have the slightest idea where to turn.

Plus, do you know how expensive cocaine is? Even if you know where to get it, that doesn't mean you can afford it. That's what the black market does - it raises the price ten fold. After guns are banned, they will be relatively expensive enough that some broke thug cannot reasonably afford one.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:21 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,225,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
You're assuming introducing a law solves a 'problem.' Don't we have a planet-wide ban on murder?
If introducing a law doesn't solve a problem in a conservative's mind, why do the Trumpeters all clamoring for banning Muslim immigration???

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Do you think the liberally-demonized police of the USA are going to go door to door to confiscate weapons from people? How does your ban on guns work, exactly?

The same way that Trumpeters would kick out all illegals.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:31 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,813,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Gun bans obviously won't work since two of these attacks happened in places with strict gun laws (California and France). Trump's Muslim ban wouldnt solve it since the Orlando shooter and one of the shooters in San Bernadino were U.S. citizens. "Boots on the ground" in Syria wouldn't solve it since these attacks aren't being carried out, organized or even funded by ISIS soldiers, but instead by radical sympathizers. Nevertheless, 99% of you will argue for one of these policies simply because they sound good and hardly anyone is knowledgeable enough to understand the real complexities of combatting terrorism.
true, gun bans dont work,

true banning a whole religion wont work. but remind me, did the shooters you indicated enter this country through immigration?

in the end, eternal vigilance in the price we pay for our freedoms. it isnt the governments job to make us completely safe, no one can do that. WE THE PEOPLE have to do that for ourselves. WE THE PEOPLE have to exercise our rights under the constitution, INCLUDING the right to keep and bear arms.

we cannot depend on government.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,463,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I agree. Mentally disturbed white males should be watched carefully.
You`re referring to the orange blowhard I assume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies