Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 06:15 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times

Advertisements

I have been a promoter of carrying legally.

I am reconsidering that policy in light of the unrelenting crime and attacks.

If the government does not allow national carry and do away with gun free zones I think it may become every American's human right to exercise self protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 06:20 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Here is the Florida Concealed Carry law: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(12)(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:
1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;
2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail;
4. Any courthouse;
5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
6. Any polling place;
7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;
11. Any career center;
12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

(b) A person licensed under this section shall not be prohibited from carrying or storing a firearm in a vehicle for lawful purposes.
(c) This section does not modify the terms or conditions of s. 790.251(7).
(d) Any person who knowingly and willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Got curious, so I read a little more. Apparently, in an establishment that is both a bar and a restaurant, you can carry if you're sitting in the restaurant part at a table. But not at the bar.

Restaurant Concealed Carry in Florida - THR

Old 06-12-2016, 06:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Same old gun nut vs gun grabber thread.

Cycle, rinse, spin, repeat...

Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The last reference I have seen was 2013. At that time it was illegal to carry a gun into any place that sold mostly alcohol.
I am in Florida, right now.

It's state law. This does not however mean that all people comply and do not cc into bars.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:27 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
It was a gay nightclub. Let's be honest, how many of them would have had a gun regardless of if they were allowed to or not?
Bobby says to Johnny "Are you carrying tonight or are you just happy to see me?".......

Old 06-12-2016, 08:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Same old gun nut vs gun grabber thread.

Cycle, rinse, spin, repeat...

I see the same thing happening over and over.

Unarmed people are shot by someone already in violation of gun laws because they are obeying the laws the shooter is violating and unable to shoot back.

How is arming the victims before the gun-law-violating shooter arrives not the correct solution?

Old 06-12-2016, 08:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I see the same thing happening over and over.

Unarmed people are shot by someone already in violation of gun laws because they are obeying the laws the shooter is violating and unable to shoot back.

How is arming the victims before the gun-law-violating shooter arrives not the correct solution?
Yeah....well...

Cycle, rinse, spin...again..

Old 06-12-2016, 09:09 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Got curious, so I read a little more. Apparently, in an establishment that is both a bar and a restaurant, you can carry if you're sitting in the restaurant part at a table. But not at the bar.

Restaurant Concealed Carry in Florida - THR
That's common in quite a few states.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:10 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
2) It was a gay nightclub. Let's be honest, how many of them would have had a gun regardless of if they were allowed to or not?
I think you'd be surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies